Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

cryptowonderdruginvogue 07.07.2006 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
Saturnine you mean you actually 'roll with' people?
When do you get time to do that? HAHA.

you're a....
you're a bitch

Ripchord 07.07.2006 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Because you've moved on to being sceneXcore. Good progression.

I'm not fucking scene. Go shoot yourself.

porkmarras 07.07.2006 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
you're a....
you're a bitch

That moving gif of yours is quite irritating,you know?Especially first thing in the morning.Sort it out you bastard.

cuetzpalin 07.07.2006 05:53 AM

i have many friends in a mental hospital in a city where i live. as patients and also as nurses and doctors. they still use electric shock therapy very often. even to a little kids without their parents permission. most of the patients are there just because of the stupidity of some doctors who don't really want to "heal" them, they just want to dope them with million pills and earn money. fuck off!! and girl interrupted? pretty good film, maybe possible for some millionaire kids

h8kurdt 07.07.2006 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuetzpalin
i and girl interrupted? pretty good film, maybe possible for some millionaire kids

QFT

Amen sister.

nicfit 07.07.2006 06:09 AM

ha ha,this thread is becoming sorta "post your fight and see who wins" thing.
L33t vs n00b, i learned those things yesterday on tv. maybe that's why i hate tv.now i'll go and cook some spaghetti.

jon boy 07.07.2006 06:10 AM

true cuetzplan. the reality of 'mental hospitals' and what the media and films portray are very different. ect does still take place more often than most people realise.

my uncle works in a pyschiactric unit for people with severe personality dissorders, people who have cracked under the pressure of prison life, psychotics and every coceivable type of criminal. he tells me that if people were to see what he see's daily then they would laugh about what we read in the papers, see on tv etc.

i think we have a situation now where drugs are being too easily prescribed by doctors and not enough cognitive therapy is taking place. the reaction seems to be 'your depressed, worried, anxious. take there pills everything will be fine' in reality this can do more harm than good.

porkmarras 07.07.2006 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
true cuetzplan. the reality of 'mental hospitals' and what the media and films portray are very different. ect does still take place more often than most people realise.

my uncle works in a pyschiactric unit for people with severe personality dissorders, people who have cracked under the pressure of prison life, psychotics and every coceivable type of criminal. he tells me that if people were to see what he see's daily then they would laugh about what we read in the papers, see on tv etc.

i think we have a situation now where drugs are being too easily prescribed by doctors and not enough cognitive therapy is taking place. the reaction seems to be 'your depressed, worried, anxious. take there pills everything will be fine' in reality this can do more harm than good.

I second that big time.

RdTv 07.07.2006 06:38 AM

me too.

RdTv 07.07.2006 06:44 AM

The problem with pills is that they numb you to your problems and worries. nothing has really changed, but you feel numb to the anxieties of your life. So, in reality you probably won't change anything about your life or work towards your goals or anything, because these pills have made all appear well, this is the danger because when you awaken to the world, you figure out nothing is different its just these pills you are on. Thats when you want to give up, thats when you just don't care enough to try and thats when a lot of people attempt/commit suicide. People with anxiety disorders and really any other disorder need a pro they can talk with, someone who will be objective and give them sound counsel, they need to learn how to sort things out without popping zoloft every few hours.

porkmarras 07.07.2006 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Now, you are pissing me off. Come to MN and be my man, PLZ.

I could do with not being arrested for lewd acts on young kids.Will you wait till you are 18 years of age?

skiesfalling 07.07.2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
That was our own. We actually had to set up that whole venue from scratch; it's just a cavernous performance space.

Cool! How much does one of those things cost?

skiesfalling 07.07.2006 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturnine
further proof that i am either perfect or of an alien race:

remember, i'm from the moon. we wear fucking cool sweaters and shit.

Most beautiful picture yet! I love the green hues against the velvety pale skin :)

skiesfalling 07.07.2006 09:57 AM

Quote:

They will probably saw the heels off my shoes else take them away because you could probably kill yourself with a stiletto if you tried hard enough. Looks like i'm just going to be wearing socks. Oh wait, no, you could probably suffocate yourself with a sock.
Don't worry about it. I'm doing this under the name of pure Gonzo journalism. If I'm crazy enough to want to do something so unreasonable, I probably belong in there anyway. I'm fatally attracted to anything glinty or sparkly.

I see your spark.....for Gonzo journalism!!! Yeah that seems true enough, that if you check yourself in then you can check out at anytime.....reminds me of that Seinfeld episode!

skiesfalling 07.07.2006 10:00 AM

Quote:

Fuck a mental patient? Count me in!

You don't know who I roll with. I'll get them.

In my early 20's I rule the wrold years I was voluntarily doing time (a mere 2 weeks) vs probation for grass possession charges and was in this little minimum security place and had grass snuck in to me there....those 3 days were like a holiday in there!

Savage Clone 07.07.2006 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiesfalling
Cool! How much does one of those things cost?

Well, those were leftover from our bass player's old band, and he bought them from his old bandmate with some other lights and the big fog machine for $100. We have two of those rotating multi-beam white ones and two more that do colors and shapes that react to your sounds. The color/shape ones are tricky though, because there are a LOT of cheesy-looking settings that will pop up if you have no controller. For now, we just use the ones in the picture. They're very small too, which is nice.

_slavo_ 07.07.2006 10:06 AM

although I'm not generally fond of the nature of Saturnine's posts, I gotta say,
she's got the most fucking beautiful lips I've seen in a long time.

gmku 07.07.2006 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I actually kind of think that's reasonable. Ever since I watched Girl Interrupted. Kinda looked fun...I seriously think I'd be perfectly content there, but I'd need music and a computer and stuff. But I love those places.

Yeah, me, too. Always looked like kind of a nice way to escape the world for a while. Hang with some interesting people. Soak up material for writing or art or whatever.

Would even provide an excuse for bad behavior later. Your boss or teacher comes to you and asks about an overdue assignment. "Well, you'll have to excuse me. I was institutionalized for a while, you know. And I still don't know that I'm quite up to speed [insert random twitch here], if you know what I mean."

Of course, I'd miss my music. I suppose they think you could hang yourself from an iPod or Walkman headphone cord, though. Bummer.

Savage Clone 07.07.2006 10:20 AM

I have found that getting laid off is a much more viable option.
This is not bad at all.

gmku 07.07.2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I have found that getting laid off is a much more viable option.
This is not bad at all.

I suppose so. As long as you draw unemployment. I always forget--do you get unemployment if you're fired? Or just laid off? And not if you quit, right?