Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Americans Live Shorter (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15473)

SynthethicalY 08.12.2007 10:35 AM

Americans Live Shorter

http://health.yahoo.com/news/178301

sellouteater 08.12.2007 10:40 AM

"Adults in the United States have one of the highest obesity rates in the world. Nearly a third of U.S. adults 20 years and older are obese, while about two-thirds are overweight, according to the National Center for Health Statistics"

SynthethicalY 08.12.2007 10:41 AM

That reminds me I am hungry.

sellouteater 08.12.2007 11:41 AM

me too my mother didnt give me any money for lunch today. lunch is preety exspensive nowadays

SynthethicalY 08.12.2007 11:48 AM

I already ate some eggs.

sellouteater 08.12.2007 11:54 AM

all there is around here is theese shitty penut butter cracker things i'm at work

jon boy 08.13.2007 06:43 AM

who would have thunk it! eating unhealthy food and sitting around makes you fat!

sonicl 08.13.2007 07:02 AM

Americans have shorter lifespans because they have such poor grammar. They try to order a healthy salad, but the request is so grammatically poor that it's not understood and they end up with a quadruple burger and fries.

davenotdead 08.13.2007 08:05 AM

apparently we arent the only fat asses....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070813/...aly_obesity_dc

floatingslowly 08.13.2007 08:12 AM

good.

this planet is a mess, and I'm not really up to the task of sticking around.

bring on the dancing hearses!

ThePits 08.13.2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
fast food has been around for a LONG time. there are mcdonalds all over the world.

this kinda shit pisses me off.

yeah, burgers and fries dont help, but i think the problem lies more so in video games and computers nd kids not wanting to work (yeah, not always the case, but its became cool to be lazy)

"but bu7t but, the japanese people are amongst the healthiest in the world, and the LOVE video games" < and dont think about giving me some shit like this.

japan, is a fucking island, very small in comparison to the united states. being surrounded by oceans on all sides what do you think the commonly eat??? FISH (low, if any...fat. far better for ya than burgers) what does some dude in the middle of some buttfuck texas dessert town got to eat...BEEEF!

ronald mcdonald has nothing to do with it (even though i admit, he doesnt help matters much). inactivty is to blame.

A common misconception is that the majpr part of the Japanese diet is fish, i.e. sashimi or sushi

Its actually a small part of the japanese diet, beef forms a larger part

Japan also has its own version of Macdonalds. Mossbergers

I can highly recommend a Japanese restaurant in London called Donzoko in Kingly St behind Regent St

Its itzakaya style so very informal and cheap

Its one of the few restaurants run and staffed by Japanese people and they dont mind helping you out with the menu

It also has a great sake cellar

jon boy 08.13.2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Americans have shorter lifespans because they have such poor grammar. They try to order a healthy salad, but the request is so grammatically poor that it's not understood and they end up with a quadruple burger and fries.

or the salad is coated in mayonaise and dressing.

racehorse 08.13.2007 10:37 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sonicl again.

sellouteater 08.18.2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
fast food has been around for a LONG time. there are mcdonalds all over the world.

this kinda shit pisses me off.

yeah, burgers and fries dont help, but i think the problem lies more so in video games and computers nd kids not wanting to work (yeah, not always the case, but its became cool to be lazy)

"but bu7t but, the japanese people are amongst the healthiest in the world, and the LOVE video games" < and dont think about giving me some shit like this.

japan, is a fucking island, very small in comparison to the united states. being surrounded by oceans on all sides what do you think the commonly eat??? FISH (low, if any...fat. far better for ya than burgers) what does some dude in the middle of some buttfuck texas dessert town got to eat...BEEEF!

ronald mcdonald has nothing to do with it (even though i admit, he doesnt help matters much). inactivty is to blame.

:fuckyou:
yr jus pisssed cause ronald mcdonald turns u on

SynthethicalY 08.18.2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl

I giggled.

alteredcourse 08.20.2007 01:31 AM

it is that , and an external pressure for them to do nothing but that . being sliiiiiightly aware of the pressure removes them from taking full responsibility for it , so while theyre playing the games theyre sitting around bitching about all these cultural phenomenons that place them where they are, hoping and wishing that someone will figure out the solution .
and here i am , with no solution .