Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What is your earliest memory? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24600)

ALIEN ANAL 08.20.2008 05:45 AM

What is your earliest memory?

think back

think way way back

al shabbray 08.20.2008 05:47 AM

me driving my 3 wheeled (dunno what its called) in austria, I was 2 years old

MellySingsDoom 08.20.2008 05:51 AM

Having an eerie Deja Vu moment at Dad Melly's flat - it sure confused the fuck out of me.

nicfit 08.20.2008 06:07 AM

playing on the floor,2 yo or something.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 08.20.2008 06:10 AM

When I turned 3
It was a baller ass party

Death & the Maiden 08.20.2008 06:13 AM

The day before my first day of primary school. I thought going to "big" school made you older and bigger, so I thought I would wake up the next day really tall. I didn't.

Danny Himself 08.20.2008 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
me driving my 3 wheeled (dunno what its called) in austria, I was 2 years old

Good times. My earliest memory is probably riding up front in the moving van when my parents moved house. I was about two then.

ALIEN ANAL 08.20.2008 06:21 AM

i think mine is
sitting on the floor in a house that we had only very just moved into
and there was no furniture anywhere and we were all eating hotdogs

pantophobia 08.20.2008 06:23 AM

i can actually remember back to my first birthday, sticking my hand in the cake at my aunt's house

al shabbray 08.20.2008 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
i think mine is
sitting on the floor in a house that we had only very just moved into
and there was no furniture anywhere and we were all eating hotdogs

really cool and maybe surreal first memory

pbradley 08.20.2008 06:29 AM

My earliest memories are illusive and clouded. Impressions without context. Sitting in a toddler chair as my mom took me with her in the old van we had. My brother getting a NES and my grandpa helping him set it up on the kitchen television (actually the only television we had at the time).

pbradley 08.20.2008 06:37 AM

I do distinctly remember my fifth birthday. It was Dick Tracy themed. And I also remember New Year's Eve of '89 to '90 a few months after that.

atsonicpark 08.20.2008 07:14 AM

my dad changing my diaper and I peed in his face.

Seriously.

Green_mind 08.20.2008 07:33 AM

I can remember some bad nightmares I use to have when I was still sleeping in a little cot.

nicfit 08.20.2008 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
i remembered smth i remember from my early age.
i remember walking and falling constantly and getting my knees all bloody and after while on my bed, feeling my knees hurt.
could have been when i started to walk? (question redirected to noone).

NO idea of the relationshio you had with your parents back then, but I doubt they'd let you fall over and over and AGAIN till your knees got all bloody...at least not at a really early age...am I wrong?

Alex's Trip 08.20.2008 08:04 AM

I don't know. What I thought was my first memory turned out to be fake. My sister told me she had saved me from drowning at the pool, and I believed it and created false memories out of it.

pantophobia 08.20.2008 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
^i dont trust my <5 or 6 year old memories. they most likely are from stories i ve been told, or pictures i have seen.

i suppose that could be true, but i am pretty sure i remember my 1st b-day, i recall after putting my hand in the cake that i kinda "offered" it to my mom, but it's hard to say

either way the next memory i have clearly that has a date, is my second birthday party, with a fire truck on the birthday cake and a kiddie pool i was wading in

floatingslowly 08.20.2008 08:39 AM

2.5 Sols//Huntington Beach, Ca: small landing party. they looked like Sleestaks. one was blue-green. they didn't want the red-headed neighbor kid. nice view from up here. ......[]....[]....[]....... ok, back in the sandbox.

nicfit 08.20.2008 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I don't know. What I thought was my first memory turned out to be fake. My sister told me she had saved me from drowning at the pool, and I believed it and created false memories out of it.

check your doorstep for origamis.

al shabbray 08.20.2008 08:59 AM

hahahahahah
always wished I could do origamis really fast and good.
how nice that would be if you could drop them everywhere and leave these mystical messages