Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth Tribute Albums (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=287)

Soundtrax 03.26.2006 07:00 AM

Sonic Youth Tribute Albums

Hi, i just found Confuse Your Idols (Tribute To Sonic Youth) on soulseek. i was wondering if there are any other tribute albums to sonic youth... if i can remember correctly, there used to be some people on the SY forum long time ago trying to make a tribute album to sonic youth... did they finish it? or is there any other tribute album to sonic youth i should know about, thanks?

Guest Informant 03.26.2006 09:13 AM

There was one about ten years ago by a load of (I think) Brazilian bands. I remember John Peel played a version of 'Tunic' by The Killbrains, or something like that. I never got round to picking it up though.
(Sorry this reply's so vague, it's all I can remember).

PAULYBEE2656 03.26.2006 10:00 AM

there is also a classical album i think.......
let me search...
yep, a string quartet tribute

and of course this is worth hearing..

Soundtrax 03.26.2006 11:15 AM

wow, could anyone share STRING QUARTET TRIBUTE on soulseek, dc++, e-mule or torrent? i can't find this! please, thanks!

sonikold 03.26.2006 01:35 PM

it's not as good as the string quartet tribute to tupac...

hahahahahahaha

Toxa 03.26.2006 02:43 PM

dont like tributes...

Fox 03.26.2006 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonikold
it's not as good as the string quartet tribute to tupac...

hahahahahahaha

String Quartet tribute to everything: Linkin Park, Evanescence...

Soundtrax 03.27.2006 03:54 AM

Axis of evol / Thrill your idols - guys i wanna hear it, you should share it! right now nobody is sharing this :( and string quartet tribute too! :(

Soundtrax 03.27.2006 06:26 PM

hey dude, thanks for the link... i think its the time to make thrill your idols vol. 2 or something, i wanna be on it! :)

Soundtrax 03.28.2006 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noistar
go for it, start it!

sure, i will start it... i hope i can make it :) now i can se, that you noistar were featured on axis of evil/thrill your idols :) i think your song is the best dude :) have you made your own album yet?

CHOUT 03.28.2006 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest Informant
There was one about ten years ago by a load of (I think) Brazilian bands. I remember John Peel played a version of 'Tunic' by The Killbrains, or something like that. I never got round to picking it up though.
(Sorry this reply's so vague, it's all I can remember).

It's called Gioventu' Sonica: 11 young bands play Sonic Youth's songs. All Italian bands. Not very impressive, but there's a cool medley of kill yr. idols/kool thing/shaking hell by Pagan Easter.
I got my copy around 1993, looks like it came out in 91.

Count me in on the tribute thing.

Hannah 03.28.2006 07:42 PM

Confuse Yr Idols is interesting instead. Some very strange songs.