Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Forget Columbine massacre, welcome to Bratislava (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=41121)

_slavo_ 08.30.2010 05:24 AM

Forget Columbine massacre, welcome to Bratislava

It happened about an hour ago. Officials say there are 6 killed, however the number may increase due to many heavily wounded people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11129844

Fucking sick. The sniper first killed a family of five (a drug-dealer family), then walked around the streets in a remote suburb and fired at balconies and by-walkers and killed another person. Then he killed himself when he got surrounded by police.
I'm lucky I live in another corner of the city.

TheFoxBen 08.30.2010 05:26 AM

Are they still walking around right now ?

_slavo_ 08.30.2010 05:33 AM

no, he should be dead by now, he commited suicide.

_slavo_ 08.30.2010 06:53 AM

7 dead comfirmed by now

TheFoxBen 08.30.2010 06:58 AM

"A three-year-old child was reportedly among the 14 injured taken to hospital."

Sick bastards.

_slavo_ 08.30.2010 08:00 AM

okay, so no 15 year old, but some older dude. this is his picture.

ploesj 08.30.2010 08:30 AM

holy shit.

hevusa 08.30.2010 08:36 AM

That blows.
Guns are grrrrrrrreat!

_slavo_ 08.30.2010 09:28 AM

jon boy 08.30.2010 10:24 AM

thats some fucked up shit right there.

HotOnTheHeelsOfLove 08.30.2010 11:01 AM

wow what a loser

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.30.2010 11:28 AM

I feel bad for the innocents - couldn't he just have resorted to some GTA: Vice City like everyone else?

knox is gonna have a field day with this one.

How are gun laws in Slovakia? Out of mere curiosity.

_slavo_ 08.30.2010 11:36 AM

you could have a gun in legal posession when you're entitled to it (= when you have the so called "gun ID" - given away under very strict circumstances), so it's very hard to obtain a gun legally.
this fella had his rifle illegaly...there are rumors he was an ex-soldier ... he knew very well why he was wearing earmuffs, for he knew he was going to take down the family in their apartment and the gun he had was a very old and noisy one.

chicka 08.30.2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I feel bad for the innocents - couldn't he just have resorted to some GTA: Vice City like everyone else?

knox is gonna have a field day with this one.

How are gun laws in Slovakia? Out of mere curiosity.

What a shame that you think only Knox is going to have a field day with this what about the rest of you? Don't you see how different gun laws could have meant a different outcome? An assault rifle how many bullets in the chamber certainly more than 1.

Rob Instigator 08.30.2010 11:39 AM

fucking awful man.

when the world gets nuts, the nuts go get the world.

That's just straight up lunacy.

in the middle of the fucking street tooo.

wow.

Rob Instigator 08.30.2010 11:41 AM

and all it would have taken was one dude seeing this, grabbing his own rifle, and blowing that dude's head clean off from the safety of his own apartment.

in Houston, I can guarantee someone would have started a firefight with that guy.

whether or not it would have been for the better or made things worse we can never know.

_slavo_ 08.30.2010 11:48 AM

another rumor is that the killer had a racial intention behind his violent act. the whole family that he killed (5 people) was of Roma (Gipsy) origin and he used to be their neighbor in the past so maybe he grew strong hate against them.

verme (prevaricator) 08.30.2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
and all it would have taken was one dude seeing this, grabbing his own rifle, and blowing that dude's head clean off from the safety of his own apartment.

in Houston, I can guarantee someone would have started a firefight with that guy.

whether or not it would have been for the better or made things worse we can never know.

thankfully great part of the world is more civilized than houston.

Rob Instigator 08.30.2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verme (prevaricator)
thankfully great part of the world is more civilized than houston.

as you choose to see it

when Katrina destroyed New Orleans it was Houston, and Houstonians, with no federal or state oversight or support, who willingly took care of over 125 thousand displaced citizens of new orleans. seems pretty civilized huh?

chicka 08.30.2010 01:41 PM

Nothing wrong with Houston Rob. There is something wrong with a firefight as in sprayed bullets hitting unsuspecting targets which are usually kids playing in the area.

While I am against guns, I know I am never going to win that argument so I only plead for guns that carry less ammo. No reason to have anymore than 3 bullets in a gun at a time in fact really should only be one but if you don't hit an animal probably then you should be able to have a couple of extra shots to down the animal and end it's misery.