Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   what are you listening to? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2)

Tokolosh 08.16.2006 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hat and beard

That's a great site. Thanks.

Androol 08.16.2006 07:08 AM

rites of spring

RdTv 08.16.2006 07:19 AM

Lush - ''Spooky", my favorite of all their stuff.

porkmarras 08.16.2006 07:41 AM

sonicl 08.16.2006 07:45 AM

Bach - Johann Sebastian, that is, not Sebastian.

porkmarras 08.16.2006 07:52 AM

Fischerspooner covering Wire's '15th'.Cool.

Iain 08.16.2006 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
Sun Ra & The Blues Project-The Sensational Guitars Of Dan & Dale - Batman And Robin

Released: 1966/2001
Label: Universe Records-Tifton Records
Cat. No.:
Total Time:

Reviewed by: Keith "Muzikman" Hannaleck, October 2001 Sun Ra was well known for being the king of cosmic jazz. He dressed in colorful attire and his music was just as full of life and animation as the garb he displayed on stage.
This 1966 release may come as a surprise to many longtime fans. It's not what you would expect from Sun Ra at all. This is a enjoyable combination of sixties era music that befits the characters that adorn the cover of this CD, Batman and Robin. I was a boy when this series was running and I remember being a big fan just as every other boy was. What I can't remember is the music that was played during the TV series. This served as a reminder of those long lost days of innocence.
I heard surf-instrumental, jazz, rhythm and blues, rock, and just about every other genre represented at one time or another during the course of this recording. By the time it wound down and got to the last track "The Bat Cave" I was hearing some strong Booker T. & The MGs influence, courtesy of Sun Ra on the Hammond B-3 organ. This is great music to give a spin at a party; it really gets you in a great mood. I have always said that Surf-Instro music was fun; it's even more of joy when it's a mixture of other musical styles. You will hear everything from a bluesy harmonica to a twangy guitar on this remarkably vivid and lively CD. I absolutely loved this. This is a must for all instrumental lovers and a certain collectable for Sun Ra enthusiast. This isn't merely a novelty folks; this is great music that should not be missed.
More about Batman And Robin:
Track Listing: Batman Theme / Batman's Batmorang / Batman And Robin Over The Roofs / The Penguin Chase / Flight Of The Batman / Joker Is Wild / Robin's Theme / Penguin's Umbrella / Batman And Robin Swing / Batmobile Wheels / The Riddler's Retreat / The Bat Cave
Musicians:

Note: will open new browser window

Here's a link for you Iain:
http://www.mp3-center.org/mp3/s/98

bottom of the page

Thanks dude...

I think I have the mp3s of this already...I had heard of it after all but only knew it as "that Sun Ra Batman one with Dick Dale"

Hip Priest 08.16.2006 10:26 AM

I'm giving my second mixtape a listen through, to see how it is.

DemonBox 08.16.2006 12:14 PM

I'm giving pink moon a first spin. sounds good.

DemonBox 08.16.2006 12:54 PM

Oh, this Mazzy Star record is really good, So Tonight That I Migth See. A good buy.

!@#$%! 08.16.2006 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonBox
Oh, this Mazzy Star record is really good, So Tonight That I Migth See. A good buy.

sweet. i got a cassette of it a couple of months ago for a buck. getting #1 plays in my work truck (which doesnt have a CD player). i love hope sandoval's junkied-out voice.

DemonBox 08.16.2006 03:17 PM

yeah, me too. that record is amazing.

TheDom 08.16.2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonBox
I'm giving pink moon a first spin. sounds good.

I got that two days ago. Great fucking album.

Right now:

DemonBox 08.16.2006 03:22 PM

yeah, I loved it aswell.

marleypumpkin 08.16.2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDom
I got that two days ago. Great fucking album.

Right now:

^

GREAT FUCKING ALBUM! I think the most important reggae album ever created.

I'm listening to:

Sun Ra & The Arkestra- "Sound Of Joy"

krastian 08.16.2006 04:33 PM

^That's my favorite Bob Marley album too.

marleypumpkin 08.16.2006 04:48 PM

Lest we forget, it was a WAILERS album. That includes the great talent of, Peter Tosh, Bunny Wailer, & the Barrett brothers.
I'll give the credit to Bob for writing THE BEST song on the album, "Midnight Ravers".

sonic sphere 08.16.2006 04:48 PM

therapy? - live in cork '91. i'd forgotten how good they used to be!

HaydenAsche 08.16.2006 05:00 PM

Parenthetical Girls - Safe as Houses

So great.

sonic sphere 08.16.2006 05:02 PM

metallica- master of puppets