Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   4th Chamber is amazing (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=38479)

SonikJesus 03.06.2010 04:39 AM

4th Chamber is amazing

No joke. In fact, all of Liquid swords is amazing.

playeru 03.16.2010 02:48 PM

Yes, I'm a Wu-Tang fan too. What about Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… Pt. II, did you like that?

Derek 03.16.2010 02:51 PM

Liquid Swords is probably the best Wu-Tang related release.

OBFCL Pt. II is okay... it has some of his best moments and some of his worst moments.

SuperCreep 03.16.2010 05:23 PM

my favorite on the album, maybe. either that, investigative reports, or B.I.B.L.E.

pbradley 03.16.2010 05:37 PM

Recently tried to get my friends to listen to this album but I mostly failed. Oh well. That shit is great.

noisereductions 03.16.2010 08:34 PM

way to post the obvious, y'all.

TheMadcapLaughs 03.17.2010 02:37 PM

rza's verse is the shit on this one!
YOU CAN SEE THE WEAKNESS OF MAN RIGHT THROUGH HIS IRIS!

noisereductions 03.17.2010 03:02 PM

camoflage chameleons
ninjas scaling yr building
no time to grab yr gun
they already got yr wife and children

I've always thought this was most likely RZA's absolute best verse. His imagery is ridiculous: use the sky for my blanket / stuffing clouds inside my pillow and he was still very into the early WU-TANG (Witty Unpredictable Talent And Natural Game) convention of hiding words with anagrams: Protons, Electrons Always Cause Explosions.

pbradley 03.17.2010 03:06 PM

4th Chamber is great and all but Shadowboxin' is the best track on Liquid Swords.

wellcharge 03.17.2010 03:13 PM

no, the best tracks are

Hell's Wind Staff / Killah Hills 10304
Cold World
Gold
B.I.B.L.E. (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth)
Duel of the Iron Mic
Living in the World Today
Labels
Investigative Reports
4th Chamber
I Gotcha Back
Swordsman
Liquid Swords

the whole thing is great though

but have you seen gza live? he does all of liquid swords, everybody knows the words but him, seriously fucks up a few times per verse. and his dj does these off beat totally atonal scratches

SonikJesus 03.17.2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
camoflage chameleons
ninjas scaling yr building
no time to grab yr gun
they already got yr wife and children

I've always thought this was most likely RZA's absolute best verse. His imagery is ridiculous: use the sky for my blanket / stuffing clouds inside my pillow and he was still very into the early WU-TANG (Witty Unpredictable Talent And Natural Game) convention of hiding words with anagrams: Protons, Electrons Always Cause Explosions.

RZA's verse is the reason it's my fav track off the record, along with the beat being so good and having no chorus. But it's only mildly better than anything else on the record. The whole record is gold. I love the chorus for the title track.

The fact that RZA produced nearly all of their shit in the early years and did no wrong amazes me. I could listen to those beats all day.

The Earl Of Slander 03.18.2010 07:47 AM

Liquid Swords is, overall, I think my favourite Wu Tang release, which is a big deal. Just unreasonably fantastic and consistent. Fave tracks are probably the title track, 4th Chamber, Gold and B.I.B.L.E, roughly in that order, but picking certain tracks is pretty pointless when it's all this tight.