Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The New Dead C. - Patience (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=41733)

scott v 10.12.2010 03:53 PM

The New Dead C. - Patience

Anyone heard it yet, its pretty good even more well recorded by Dead C. standards, the first track has some real channel seperation between Morley and Russell...

batreleaser 10.13.2010 10:34 AM

Still havn't heard it yet. I've been way behind on keeping up with new releases as I'm in my last semester of school. Heard it's great though.

Toilet & Bowels 10.13.2010 01:28 PM

looking forward to it, will pick it up next week if one of the local shops has it.

scott v 10.13.2010 02:00 PM

its excellent i think, though hard to rank among the wealth of other Dead C. releases... i still want to see this band live real bad...real bad.

Toilet & Bowels 10.13.2010 06:12 PM

I'll be seeing them live for the third time in December, God bless ATP

the ikara cult 10.13.2010 08:22 PM

have they moved away from the Future Artists level of total madness?

Toilet & Bowels 10.14.2010 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
have they moved away from the Future Artists level of total madness?

Yes, their last record Secret Earth was more rock songy

pokkeherrie 10.14.2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I'll be seeing them live for the third time in December, God bless ATP

I'll be seeing them live for the third and fourth time in December, God bless ATP

Heard the new one a couple of times and I like it. Agree that it's hard to rank it against their massive back catalogue. First track is a winner for sure. Right now I'd say I like it better than Future Artists and Secret Earth, but I need to absorb it more to be sure.

scott v 10.14.2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
I'll be seeing them live for the third and fourth time in December, God bless ATP

Heard the new one a couple of times and I like it. Agree that it's hard to rank it against their massive back catalogue. First track is a winner for sure. Right now I'd say I like it better than Future Artists and Secret Earth, but I need to absorb it more to be sure.

I agree with you as i think Patience may be closer to being on par to the mid 90's siltbreeze recordings (the whitehouse, tusk) although secret earth is also pretty good, future artists is OK not bad but not great either...i struggle the most with the self titled double disc on language recordings that came out in 2000/01, i remember being really pysched about getting a DC double album, then i heard it... maybe i should listen to it again.

washer 10.14.2010 05:07 PM

Shit, already a new one? I'm still dissecting Trapdoor Fucking Exit and Harsh 70s Reality.

Toilet & Bowels 10.15.2010 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott v
I agree with you as i think Patience may be closer to being on par to the mid 90's siltbreeze recordings (the whitehouse, tusk) although secret earth is also pretty good, future artists is OK not bad but not great either...i struggle the most with the self titled double disc on language recordings that came out in 2000/01, i remember being really pysched about getting a DC double album, then i heard it... maybe i should listen to it again.

my opinion about their self-titled changes every time i listen to it

scott v 10.15.2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
my opinion about their self-titled changes every time i listen to it

OK, i listened to it again i think i like it now disc 1 is still abit tough, disc 2 i think is better...

scott v 10.15.2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by washer
Shit, already a new one? I'm still dissecting Trapdoor Fucking Exit and Harsh 70s Reality.

these two are great...classics

Kollaps 10.15.2010 10:25 AM

Have also been listening to Patience. I agree that it is better than Secret Earth and quite possibly their best since The White House and definitely comparable with Repent and Tusk. Could it possibly be one of the albums of the year. Along with the re-issue of Clyma Est Mort we have been spoiled indeed!

the ikara cult 10.15.2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by washer

you have many hours of pant-shitting happiness ahead of you. And you havent even heard Clyma Est Mort.

washer 10.16.2010 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
you have many hours of pant-shitting happiness ahead of you. And you havent even heard Clyma Est Mort.

Hah, nice, that's what I'm hoping for. I'm going to spin The White House now, that one will come right after.

Kollaps 10.16.2010 07:31 AM

I bought The White House when it came out in 95', I tell you there was not much else even remotely like it then, but still they waste most of the noise stuff today.

the ikara cult 11.18.2010 10:30 PM

http://blog.flyingnun.co.nz/2010/11/...%A63%E2%80%A6/

With the recent release of The Dead C’s new album ‘Patience’ , we asked guitarist Bruce Russell to put together a podcast, he made up the rest of the rules around what he played, and sent us a track listing on the back of a postcard.

Track listing

….and the maggots dance, 1…2…3…
Originally broadcast on Volcano Radio in Lyttelton, community radio – live and local.
  1. Alastair Galbraith & Graeme Jefferies Timebomb [Xpressway 7”, 1989]
  2. The Builders America [no label 7”, 1982]
  3. The Riptoids The Devil Paid a Visit [Onset/Offset 7”, 1985]
  4. The Swingers Certain Sound [Ripper LP, 1979]
  5. Herco Pilots NZ Rec [Rem 7”, 1982]
  6. Naked Spots Dance Crescendo/Circle Moon [Sausage LP, 1980]
  7. Playthings Coloured [no label 7”, 1981]
  8. Life in the Fridge Exists Have You Checked the Children? [Sausage LP, 1980]
  9. The Wasp Factory Steel Blue Sky [F-Star 7” 1986]
  10. Toerag When the Moon is Strong [Onset/Offset 7”, 1985]
  11. Fetus Productions Marvellous [no label LP, 1980]
  12. Shoes This High Not Weighting [no label 7”, 1980]
  13. George Henderson & Alastair Galbraith Maquarie Island [Turbulence box set, 1991]

atsonicpark 11.19.2010 12:04 AM

WOW -- can't believe I didn't see this thread. PATIENCE is fucking amazing, mindblowing shit. I am a huge Dead C fan. It's hard to choose a favorite; I guess TRAPDOOR FUCKING EXIT is my most listened to one (it also influenced the naming of a great post-hardcore/noise rock band who kinda sound like Drive Like Jehu).

Toilet & Bowels 11.19.2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
(it also influenced the naming of a great post-hardcore/noise rock band who kinda sound like Drive Like Jehu).

a few years ago i bought a CD by that band and it was so crap i threw it in the bin before i'd even listened to the whole thing.