Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Talk to me... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=114478)

choc e-Claire 11.20.2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
I've never been to Australia so I can't say, but he kind of confirmed what you said. He said it was very boring and then he left for Tokyo which is, indeed, a much different story.

Fortunately I live in the 'exciting' part of Australia, so there's usually things happening. I wouldn't call Aussie life boring, but there are problems (fairly minor ones, though).

!@#$%! 11.20.2018 08:11 PM

but slavo, i wrote you my whole testament and you never replied...

ps: when is your new album coming out man?

(the old one is also in apple music)

finish the work! :D

_slavo_ 11.21.2018 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
but slavo, i wrote you my whole testament and you never replied...

ps: when is your new album coming out man?

(the old one is also in apple music)

finish the work! :D

Sorry man! I'll reply today for sure, though now I'm kind of busy (I am at work in the morning only, then I'll take the rest of the day off to have doctors' appointments etc.)

New album? Hmmm, that's gonna be tough - I have like 2 tracks ready, the rest is half-assed. And no time at hand.

_slavo_ 11.23.2018 04:43 AM

Quote:

---

slavo hey!

i'm sorry it's taken me a while, i was swamped and without a method (i've reinstituted pomodoros, a life-saver), and we had a death in the family and all kinds of things but i'm giving your tracks some dedication now, and i've listened to the first one a few times: EXPO 80

so, first of all, i looooooooove the sound of the synthesizer, sounds like something very 70s, vangelis, or something. that fat analog sound, with a slight bit of reverb, that's just fantastic, fantastic. i love that loop and the way it fills the air.

you said treat them like demos and so i found 2 problems for me:

1) the voice of the (australian? australians?) is hard to tell what's he's saying. and so instead of hearing some and then forgetting, the brain tries to figure out what is going on. i listened to this with alone and with my wife, and she's a native english speaker, so it might be the level or something. personally, i don't prefer his voice, it sort of clashes.

i do love the static over the voice though, which for me comes across as a homage to daydream nation's "providence", except that it's not watt telling thurston about his lost weed (i heard that's what that was about) but instead it's some aussie saying something.

with that in mind i do wonder if the fans of your music would know who that guy is and what he's saying? but the vibe i get from him is not pleasant. don't mean to rag on the guy but not knowing what he's saying and his tone of voice makes me a little "nervous" in a way. don't know if that's the mood you want with it.

Oh, dude, wow! This reply is just fantastic and really thorough. Thanks a bunch for this feedback and sorry I had missed it before.

I know what you mean about the voice in EXPO80. It's actually a recording of a Scottish fisherman taken from freesound website. I kind of understand that it's hard to figure out what the dude is saying, and believe me, I've had the dilemma if to actually include it in the recording or not. I tend to like the contrast of spoken word + music, as it usually works well together.
But in this case, I just didn't find anything better.

Thanks again for what you said and that you actually found time to listen to my stuff. Highly appreciated.

!@#$%! 11.23.2018 08:50 AM

hey! yeah i listened to everything actually but stopped sending comments when i did not hear back—actually your pms were full, so i ended up posting here

but anyway yeah, been wondering about future albums. i understand life’s demands, but you make good music. ok!

_slavo_ 11.23.2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

hey! yeah i listened to everything actually but stopped sending comments when i did not hear back—actually your pms were full, so i ended up posting here

but anyway yeah, been wondering about future albums. i understand life’s demands, but you make good music. ok!

and would you - please - let me know your thoughts about the other tracks as well?

yeah, life has its demands. I always desire for new music by myself (ha ha) and for the creative process itself. I just don't have the time for that.

greenlight 11.23.2018 06:26 PM

hey Slavo I am looking forward to your set @ https://www.hradbysamoty.org which should be different from what you normally do, I mean to fit to the concept of that festival.

!@#$%! 11.24.2018 12:15 AM

Quote:

and would you - please - let me know your thoughts about the other tracks as well?

yeah sure! that was the original plan, though it’s been longer than a year by now...

Quote:

yeah, life has its demands. I always desire for new music by myself (ha ha) and for the creative process itself. I just don't have the time for that.

ouch

_slavo_ 01.11.2019 06:33 AM

It's that day again.

_slavo_ 01.11.2019 06:59 AM

Hey jico. I see you're doing great.

_slavo_ 01.11.2019 07:03 AM

dat ass

_slavo_ 01.11.2019 07:06 AM

Kind of hard to keep up the conversation tho

_slavo_ 01.11.2019 07:21 AM

have you had some amphetamine today?

floatingslowly 01.12.2019 05:13 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQcOVQEJor8

Dazzle is the best Siouxsie song. it's cry worthy.

_slavo_ 03.07.2019 08:25 AM

Hey. Talk to me.

!@#$%! 03.07.2019 08:28 AM

i got an adidas tracksuit and it’s an absurd fit

ihave to go exercise now and laugh at myself

you alright?

i’ll check back later

_slavo_ 03.07.2019 08:48 AM

I want that tracksuit. Adidas is kewl. One of my favourite clothing brands (alongside North Face and Abercrombie)

I am good, thanks. A bit bored today, but I try to act like I'm super busy. It's hard to pretend. So at least I'm typing the keyboard. shuwiwnewneuwoxninwpxjwbaoejapeanbe[axnie/enkw

You know what I'm talking about.

!@#$%! 03.07.2019 09:47 AM

haha! you probably already have it

thing is the fit is wrong for me. the roomy thigh and tapered leg at the bottom and makes it look like this on me:

and yeah of course i know what you mean ha ha

_slavo_ 03.08.2019 04:31 AM

I'm typing the fuck of my keyboard again.

!@#$%! 03.08.2019 05:26 AM

Quote:

I'm typing the fuck of my keyboard again.

:eek:

floatingslowly 03.08.2019 07:00 PM

I remember you reading the Metro 2033 series a while back. They seem awfully short, but I love the story. Are they good? I’m only moderately worried about loss in translation but I’m interested.

_slavo_ 03.11.2019 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I remember you reading the Metro 2033 series a while back. They seem awfully short, but I love the story. Are they good? I’m only moderately worried about loss in translation but I’m interested.

I have read Metro 2033 and Metro 2034, not the last one. The first one was a brilliant, brilliant book with tight story and great twist in the end. Plus the weird setting of post-apocalyptic Moscow was great. The second one was very good too, although not as thrilling as the first one.
Go for it.

_slavo_ 12.20.2019 04:51 AM

Anybody with a bit of time on their hands today?
Last day at work before flying home for Xmas, so it's all nice and quiet around here.

!@#$%! 12.20.2019 07:29 AM

i woke up too early couldnt make much racket now alarm about to go off...

_slavo_ 12.20.2019 07:44 AM

Quote:

i woke up too early couldnt make much racket now alarm about to go off...

you looking forward to Christmas? I can't wait to spend time with the familiy.

!@#$%! 12.20.2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

you looking forward to Christmas? I can't wait to spend time with the familiy.

im already with the family, and although im not big on the jesús birthday, i do enjoy the down time and relaxation. i look forward to things like... reading a book all day without interruptions hahaha. and catching up on good movies. and tasty hams. and avoiding crowds... except for new year’s eve, when i’m looking forward to getting good and plastered at a party and... aaaah! the cult of dionysus...