Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=113183)

The Soup Nazi 05.08.2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skuj
So, onto the next step: Flynn joins team Trump again? (I hope he does!!)

I hope they make him Pence's chief of staff. :D

Skuj 05.09.2020 10:43 AM

Obama told some people how he really feels about the Trumpy response to Covid-19, and the recent Flynn developments. The recording was very recently "leaked".

The tweets shall begin in 10...9....8....

!@#$%! 05.09.2020 11:27 AM

this isn’t really about covid but about the imbeciles in charge and the deranged ones who support them

In the early days of the pandemic, the U.S. government turned down an offer to manufacture millions of N95 masks in America

By
Aaron C. Davis
May 9, 2020 at 10:06 a.m. MDT

It was Jan. 22, a day after the first case of covid-19 was detected in the United States, and orders were pouring into Michael Bowen’s company outside Fort Worth, some from as far away as Hong Kong.

Bowen’s medical supply company, Prestige Ameritech, could ramp up production to make an additional 1.7 million N95 masks a week. He viewed the shrinking domestic production of medical masks as a national security issue, though, and he wanted to give the federal government first dibs.

“We still have four like-new N95 manufacturing lines,” Bowen wrote that day in an email to top administrators in the Department of Health and Human Services. “Reactivating these machines would be very difficult and very expensive but could be achieved in a dire situation.”

But communications over several days with senior agency officials — including Robert Kadlec, the assistant secretary for preparedness and emergency response — left Bowen with the clear impression that there was little immediate interest in his offer.

“I don’t believe we as an government are anywhere near answering those questions for you yet,” Laura Wolf, director of the agency’s Division of Critical Infrastructure Protection, responded that same day.
Bowen persisted.

“We are the last major domestic mask company,” he wrote on Jan. 23. “My phones are ringing now, so I don’t ‘need’ government business. I’m just letting you know that I can help you preserve our infrastructure if things ever get really bad. I’m a patriot first, businessman second.”

In the end, the government did not take Bowen up on his offer. Even today, production lines that could be making more than 7 million masks a month sit dormant

Bowen’s overture was described briefly in an 89-page whistleblower complaint filed this week by Rick Bright, former director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority. Bright alleges he was retaliated against by Kadlec and other officials — including being reassigned to a lesser post — because he tried to “prioritize science and safety over political expediency.” HHS has disputed his allegations.

Emails show Bright pressed Kadlec and other agency leaders on the issue of mask shortages — and Bowen’s proposal specifically — to no avail. On Jan. 26, Bright wrote to a deputy that Bowen’s warnings “seem to be falling on deaf ears.”
That day, Bowen sent Bright a more direct warning.
“U.S. mask supply is at imminent risk,” he wrote. “Rick, I think we’re in deep s---,” he wrote a day later.

The story of Bowen’s offer illustrates a missed opportunity in the early days of the pandemic, one laid out in Bright’s whistleblower complaint, interviews with Bowen and emails provided by both men.

Within weeks, a shortage of masks was endangering health-care workers in hard-hit areas across the country, and the Trump administration was scrambling to buy more masks — sometimes placing bulk orders with third-party distributors for many times the standard price. President Trump came under pressure to use extraordinary government powers to force private industry to ramp up production.

etc etc (because the clusterfuck is wider and deeper and there’s more) : https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...691_story.html

Skuj 05.09.2020 02:32 PM

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/09/us/wh...els/index.html

I know I should never generalize, but these two suspects sure don't look like racist ignorant asshole fucks, he said, sarcastically, in the Trump thread, because Trumpism is basically white supremacism.

h8kurdt 05.10.2020 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
THEY WERE CHARGED WITH MURDER IN REPUBLICAN-CONTROLLED GEORGIA!!!

Why not let the criminal justice system work itself out until a verdict is reached and then, with all the evidence out in open court, react negatively should the facts so justify?

Once again, concerning the Trump movement as being white supremacist:

Proof The MSM Is Full of Shit! United We Stand VA 2A

Wait...you're trying to make out the police did their job thoroughly and to trust the law to do its job? They didn't charge the two fucks until two months later and only after public pressure. Think it would have been the same if the races were reversed?

Fucking moron. You try and say you're all about the law when the reality is you can't call two racist, murdering cunts for what they are-two racist, murdering cunts.

Georgia D.A would not allow police to make arrests because of friendship with the father

Trust the law to do the right thing. But only when video footage comes out, right?

!@#$%! 05.10.2020 06:04 AM

Quote:

I am a lawyer

lmmfao

h8kurdt 05.10.2020 06:12 AM

Quote:

“The police at the scene went to her, saying they were ready to arrest both of them. These were the police at the scene who had done the investigation,” Commissioner Allen Booker, who has spoken with Glynn County police, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “She shut them down to protect her friend McMichael.”

And why not give that process a chance? Because the process of enacting the law has failed so many times before. Especially when an innocent black male is killed.

!@#$%! 05.10.2020 06:31 AM

i don’t know what fantasies drunkle bob is mumbling about, i was just laughing at his claim that he’s “a lawyer.”

uh-huh...

!@#$%! 05.10.2020 06:48 AM

Quote:

Do you realize that you're risking a lawsuit by virtue of your claim? I can certainly prove before a court of law that I am admitted to the bar of one of the several States of the United States of America, albeit on the retired list (in good standing). Unless you feel quite certain that you can prove the opposite, I strongly suggest that you withdraw your claim, and admit your error upon that point.

a lawsuit for laughing at you?

you’re going to have to sue the world

i mean read what you just wrote

!@#$%! 05.10.2020 07:25 AM

hahahahahahahahaaa!

all i know about “you” are your words on a screen, and i find them to be tone-deaf ridiculous and contradictory words in a misplaced context, and i can laugh about them until i am blue in the face, and will continue to do so.

!@#$%! 05.10.2020 07:32 AM

i called my lawyer, this is what he said

i asked if we should countersue.

!@#$%! 05.10.2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

I'm glad you called your lawyer. Yet that's not what I requested of you.

What I'm asking is that you put HIM in touch with ME.

You can do that by PMing me.

i told him to contact you directly

he said

and he disappointed me

!@#$%! 05.10.2020 07:46 AM

Quote:

I'm sorry to hear that he has disappointed you concerning your request that he contact me directly, yet I wonder how can he contact me unless he has my contact information?

I promise you that I will contact him should you provide me with his contact information.

i promise you he will contact you as soon as i have your contact information

h8kurdt 05.10.2020 07:48 AM

Threatening to sue him because he laughed and said you're not a lawyer? Haha!

Snowflake!

!@#$%! 05.10.2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Threatening to sue him because he laughed and said you're not a lawyer? Haha!

Snowflake!

i didn’t say he wasn’t a lawyer

i just laughed at him

i still am and you’re welcome to do so as well

!@#$%! 05.10.2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

He will apologize or he will pay!

here’s a dollah

buy yourself a coke

!@#$%! 05.10.2020 07:56 AM

Quote:

By virtue of his having called into question my professional credentials, he has, in fact, libeled me.

by virtue of claiming i said things i didn’t say you have in fact libeled me

zzzzzzz....

!@#$%! 05.10.2020 07:58 AM

Quote:

What was the meaning of that post, if not to question my professional status?

objection, goes to speculation

!@#$%! 05.10.2020 08:10 AM

Quote:

Nope. It's a reasonable (non-speculativee) inference from your own statement.

you got enough attention for today, you may return to your loneliness

The Soup Nazi 05.10.2020 08:13 AM

h8kurdt, eventually you'll have to summarize what's going on here for me. ;):D