Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "kool thing" is going to be on guitar hero iii (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=16500)

atsonicpark 09.21.2007 06:12 AM

"kool thing" is going to be on guitar hero iii

i'm sure this may have been mentioned, but yeah.

i don't give a fuck about guitar hero, those games are easy and lame.. it'd be better if they taught you to actually PLAY guitar than making it into a video game experience with 5 buttons. meh. i guess it KIND OF teaches you rhythm (on certain difficulty settings). but yeah..

KOOL THING SUCKIN ON MY TITTY STICK A DILDO IN MY PUSSY

sonicl 09.21.2007 06:16 AM

What tracks should be on there then?

I vote Metallica's Creeping Death.

atsonicpark 09.21.2007 06:27 AM

well, guitar hero ii had butthole surfers; that made me happy. this one has metallica - "one". it also has fucking dragonforce, which you know will be the hardest song in the history of guitar hero..

i'd like to see "damage inc". i'd also like to see some secret chiefs 3 or mr. bungle tracks on guitar hero.. trey spruance is amazing.. also, imagine fucking polvo or thinking fellers union songs on guitar hero. i mean, it'd never happen, but fuck... SHELLAC songs on guitar hero!! or NECROPHAGIST!

basically, guitar hero should release a "death metal" or "math rock" edition.

sonicl 09.21.2007 06:40 AM

If I was being silly, which, for once, I'm not, I'd suggest that I'd like to see an Improv guitar hero game: A bit of Derek Bailey, maybe some Eugene Chadbourne...

But I'm not, so instead I think I'd like to see an post-rock / post-metal edition: Mogwai / Jesu / Mono / Pelican et cetera.

A Thousand Threads 09.21.2007 06:41 AM

I was just about to mention Derek Bailey.

Magic Wheel Memory 09.21.2007 06:55 AM

I had joked a while back that Freezer Burn would be one of the songs, but I'm not sure that Kool Thing is such a great choice, either. The main riff is easy enough, but what buttons will players push during that long middle section when Kim is talking? There's no obvious guitar riff or solo there, just a bass riff and guitar feedback.

king_buzzo 09.21.2007 06:56 AM

WHAT THE FUCKING HELLLLLL????????????????????? IS THIS OFFICIAL?????//// KOOL THING ON GUITAR HERO????????? FUCKING PRICKS

THUUUUUUUUUURSSTOOOOOOOOONNNNN WHYYYYYYYYY

THURSTOOOOOONNNNNNNJ WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????

steve?

HECKLER SPRAY 09.21.2007 07:24 AM

That can't be possible...
Well. Why not Expressway to your Skull ?

_slavo_ 09.21.2007 08:24 AM

Or Death Valley 69?

atsonicpark 09.21.2007 08:47 AM

are people really doubting me?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_III

I was just thinking of what would be a badass guitar hero band.. orthrelm. imagine "ov"!

finding nobody 09.21.2007 09:32 AM

I always though Starpower would be an appropriate choice. This is good news though

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 09.21.2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
i'm sure this may have been mentioned, but yeah.

i don't give a fuck about guitar hero, those games are easy and lame.. it'd be better if they taught you to actually PLAY guitar than making it into a video game experience with 5 buttons. meh. i guess it KIND OF teaches you rhythm (on certain difficulty settings). but yeah..

KOOL THING SUCKIN ON MY TITTY STICK A DILDO IN MY PUSSY

The funny thing is that I've been playing guitar for seven/8 years yet I suck at guitar hero. It's because I want to play every note to the song. I tried Hanger 18 vy Megadeth which I can do on a real guitar but butchered it on Hero.

Everyneurotic 09.21.2007 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I was just thinking of what would be a badass guitar hero band.. orthrelm. imagine "ov"!

that would be like the easiest song or the hardest, i mean, you figure the first pattern and then it's like 8 minutes of the same lick, but if you're not paying attention, you can fuck up once the change happens.

ov is so awesome.

in theory, a rhythmically complex song, be it odd time signatures or with many changing ones, is more difficult in these guitar hero games than a melodically complex song, right? then yeah, i'd love to see some dillinger, don cab or old meshuggah on those games, or death metal or some super schizoid band in there.

but yeah, guitar hero is a waste of programming effort.

king_buzzo 09.21.2007 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
Or Death Valley 69?

freezer burn?

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 09.21.2007 12:15 PM

You know that they are going to put some retarded ass blues solo in the middle of it.

pbradley 09.21.2007 01:39 PM

Even though Guitar Hero is just Dance Dance Revolution on fingers, this sounds kind of cool.

Now if they had Yo La Tengo's The Evil That Men Do (Pablo's Version), I might consider playing it.

atsonicpark 09.22.2007 10:04 PM

i'm not a fan of guitar hero, but i do love me some um jammer lammy.

i love to play "ov" on guitar. it gets really tiresome quickly though. i'm thinking of covering it on piano.

plastic sun 10.09.2007 04:08 PM

i'll be buying that game.
for sure

(at least they didn't have anyone cover it, that would have been a train wreck. they must know that no one can emulate the youth.)

but i think 'cross the breeze would have been a better choice

sonikjuice 10.10.2007 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groar
it's just a way to be a part of all pop culture-wasn't it possible to be Lee in an old NBA game way back,way way back-that's what Jason Lowenstein told moi.

Yes. Lee, Steve, Thurston and Kim were "secret" players in a version of NBA Jam in the mid-90s.

jennthebenn 10.16.2007 11:15 PM

http://www.guitarherogame.fr/spip.php?article141