Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=103714)

greenlight 12.11.2013 09:33 AM

Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...arijuana-trade

evollove 12.11.2013 10:40 AM

"Cannabis consumers will be able to buy a maximum of 40 grams (1.4 ounces) each month from licensed pharmacies"

Bullshit, man! What the fuck is a person supposed to smoke the remaining three weeks of the month?

EVOLghost 12.11.2013 10:41 AM

Who's got the light!?

greenlight 12.11.2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
"Cannabis consumers will be able to buy a maximum of 40 grams (1.4 ounces) each month from licensed pharmacies"

Bullshit, man! What the fuck is a person supposed to smoke the remaining three weeks of the month?

hahahaha.

Rob Instigator 12.11.2013 12:10 PM

ay que rico

tesla69 12.11.2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove

you pay the old lady across the street a couple pesos for her supply.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 12.12.2013 02:27 PM

Hopefully this will help to sabotage Uruguay's team in the World Cup..

Toilet & Bowels 12.13.2013 06:20 AM

Seeing as we are already at war with drugs I think we should declare war on Uruguay.

greenlight 12.13.2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Hopefully this will help to sabotage Uruguay's team in the World Cup..

:D:D:D

greenlight 12.13.2013 07:15 AM

I am going to watch big lebowski.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 12.13.2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cunt
If anything they've just gained some fans.
----
RE:State controlled market

I think this is the way to go but, and maybe I'm just a 1st world cunt, I doubt very much they have a capable government.

I meant hopefully the team themselves get a little half-baked and slip in their play ;)

tesla69 01.03.2014 02:43 PM

You guys moving to Colorado soon?

EVOLghost 01.03.2014 03:24 PM

Probably not. But more incentive to visit a friend out there :p

!@#$%! 01.03.2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesla69
You guys moving to Colorado soon?

i live right next to colorado and i have friends there, plus with the great beer and beautiful sights and things to do, how can one say no.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 01.03.2014 07:11 PM

Great beer AND quasi-legalized pot? If it weren't for a combination of hipsters salt-and-peppered in between some surprisingly country-fried racism on one side, and then insane militia type right-wing extremism and conspiracy paranoids out there, I'd gamble on moving to Colorado! That, and I'm generally skeptical of any of the legalization movements in the US, its like wait, hold up, where's the catch? It might just be the underground toker in me, shit, I might just be smoking some good weed and a bit paranoid, but I'm not particularly into the Emperor's new cloths, be it the "medical" movement in California or this burgeoning state legalization in Washington and Colorado. I think Washington might stick, because its not retail, but those store-fronts in Colorado that made international news on New Year's Day surely can't flaunt against the Feds for too long now.

tesla69 01.06.2014 11:33 AM

There's something in the air, NY Gov Cuomo is making moves to set up a distro system for med mar.

Rob Instigator 01.07.2014 12:23 PM

SNL had a funny joke about how tons of stoned college students bought plane tickets to go spring break in Paraguay.

Rob Instigator 01.07.2014 12:24 PM

The US will not fully legalize until the people that control cigarettes gain control of the weed supply.

greenlight 01.09.2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
The US will not fully legalize until the people that control cigarettes gain control of the weed supply.

whaa? No way! Smells fishy.

greenlight 01.09.2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Great beer AND quasi-legalized pot? If it weren't for a combination of hipsters salt-and-peppered in between some surprisingly country-fried racism on one side, and then insane militia type right-wing extremism and conspiracy paranoids out there, I'd gamble on moving to Colorado! That, and I'm generally skeptical of any of the legalization movements in the US, its like wait, hold up, where's the catch? It might just be the underground toker in me, shit, I might just be smoking some good weed and a bit paranoid, but I'm not particularly into the Emperor's new cloths, be it the "medical" movement in California or this burgeoning state legalization in Washington and Colorado. I think Washington might stick, because its not retail, but those store-fronts in Colorado that made international news on New Year's Day surely can't flaunt against the Feds for too long now.

Nice post. Especially about that catch. I have same feeling too.