Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   i must ask this question.... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=2310)

Laila 05.28.2006 01:10 PM

i must ask this question....

i have found myself liking music that i never thought i would more and more nowadays. I got a mamas and the papas record recently and i've been putting it in while i'm in my room doing stuff, only half listening. but after a few listens, i think they are so awesome! i love it! My fav song is Dancing Bear. has anyone heard this song? so yeah...my question is, Do any of you like this band?

h8kurdt 05.28.2006 01:26 PM

mamas and papas? *sigh* the door is over there now use it :p . I know what you mean by liking bands you'd never thought you would. 6 years ago I was this hardcore metal head who refused to listen to other music now I'm completly. Maturity that's what it's called.

Laila 05.28.2006 01:30 PM

I know! it's weird right? but i guess i like them cause they remind me of the beatles with their sound. so i guess it's understanable. but there still are some weird ones that i never thought i would like. madonna for example. ugh i hate sluts, but something about her intrigues me.

h8kurdt 05.28.2006 01:31 PM

Madonna is a perfect example for me too. Favorite song by her?

Laila 05.28.2006 01:33 PM

uhh....material girl of course! or like a prayer

LifeDistortion 05.28.2006 01:37 PM

I must admit. I kind of have a weakness for 60's pop/rock music. I don't really own much, outside The Beatles, but when I'm in the car and I listen to the radio I tend to put it on classic radio stations more then modern rock stations. Listening to 50's and 60's rock. I'm a big fan of Buddy Holly, and Beach Boys and all that stuff, and nobody is making music like that, well execpt The Ravonettes, which is why I love them so much.

h8kurdt 05.28.2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laila
uhh....material girl of course! or like a prayer

Ray of light=orgasmic

h8kurdt 05.28.2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
I must admit. I kind of have a weakness for 60's pop/rock music. I don't really own much, outside The Beatles, but when I'm in the car and I listen to the radio I tend to put it on classic radio stations more then modern rock stations. Listening to 50's and 60's rock. I'm a big fan of Buddy Holly, and Beach Boys and all that stuff, and nobody is making music like that, well execpt The Ravonettes, which is why I love them so much.

I like the female groups from the 60's the voice them gals have is just sublime. Theirs a band out called the pipettes who are supposedly like that, I wouldn't mind checking them out their first album comes out in July or something like that.

umjammer atomsk 05.28.2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion

Yeah, I have a huge soft spot for 50s-60s pop rock. I don't know, it's all just so fascinating, but also depressing. And I looove the raveonettes. One of the only good new bands. I just recently got pretty in black and I'm loving every second of it. Great album. I've got whip it on and chain gang of love and they're also really good. Especially the former.

Inhuman 05.28.2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt

Material Girl, Into the Groove, or Hey Mr.DJ are great. Yeah, I found it took time before I could respect even entire genres, such as folk and blues. Now I'm obsessed with Robert Johnson, Silver Jews, etc... and I'm still changing. I hated Hair Police just a few months ago. I used to hate reggae and dub as well, now I listen to all my dub comps (I have about 8 or 9) all the time. King Tubby=genius. There's barely any artists that I still like from when I was 14... all I can think of is Nirvana, Dr.Dre, and Burning Airlines

acousticrock87 05.28.2006 04:27 PM

I'm not a big fan of Buddie Holly, but American Pie is one of my favorite songs of all time. Robert Johnson is amazing. I'm really into blues of any era.

Laila 05.28.2006 04:28 PM

i like the version of american pie that madonna does

Sheriff Rhys Chatham 05.28.2006 05:18 PM

I like my mama and I like my Papa, but I dont like the mamas and the papas

Danny Himself 05.28.2006 05:22 PM

You're right. I think once you get older you end up loving all different kinds of things. I'm listening to everything from NWA to Willie Nelson these days.

HaydenAsche 05.28.2006 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssBlaster
Laila, the question I'm wondering about, is if you like it doggy style?

I hope you don't think this is a weird question.

Kudos, my good man.

atsonicpark 05.28.2006 06:08 PM

I like that one song by korn good god, just for the guitar lines.

Laila 05.28.2006 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssBlaster
Laila, the question I'm wondering about, is if you like it doggy style?

I hope you don't think this is a weird question.

why do you keep saying that?

EMMAh 05.28.2006 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt

I love the song Hung Up by Madonna, other than that she's so so.

And I like 50 Cent hahah, but I don't listen to him all the time or anything, just when I'm in the mood.

EDIT: I did love Madonna's version of American Pie though :D

soniknirve 05.28.2006 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
I love the song Hung Up by Madonna, other than that she's so so.

And I like 50 Cent hahah, but I don't listen to him all the time or anything, just when I'm in the mood.

go go go go. go shorty, it's ya birthday. candy shop? jk;)...

soniknirve 05.28.2006 06:45 PM

for some reason i find myself liking some of those madonna songs too. that and britney spears' toxic. hawt...