Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   rocking in your dorm (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=12259)

fluxequalsrad 04.15.2007 12:27 PM

rocking in your dorm

I've got this 120 watt crate amp that has a cd input that I plug my ipod in to jam along with. It's fucking awesome. I've got these jock / stoner roomates who stay up till 4 am every night playing super smash brothers and its nice just to blast my amp and jam along with my big muff when they're trying to sleep.

Here was todays 12:00PM setlist

Mote
100%
Swimsuit Issue
Karen Revisted (with guitar jammed against labtop for noise section)

:)

screamingskull 04.15.2007 12:37 PM

if you really want to piss them off why not try playing the intro to "come as you are" by nirvana
again and again and again and again and again

Washing Machine 04.15.2007 12:40 PM

Haha Better yet - Smoke On The Water. Or maybe thats something that just pisses guitarists off..

fluxequalsrad 04.15.2007 12:45 PM

the Mote noise at the end sounds really trebly on my amp, and on top of that my guitar is also blasting treble + big muff + beer bottle scratching noises. :) That's enough to piss people off.

I think if I played 'Come As You Are', even if i did it over and over again... I would simply get compliments. I think they think I can't play guitar as it is right now:)

Washing Machine 04.15.2007 12:49 PM

Im moving into a dorm with some of my friends. Its going to be the coolest place in the city. Amazing music constantly streaming, me working on my masterpieces (lol) and the greatest parties. We're gonna Have a dorm version of Warhol's Factory!

screamingskull 04.15.2007 12:55 PM

i will be living at home during uni to save money, i need the cash to move to america after uni's over, its a sacrifice, but it will all be worth it in the end.

Washing Machine 04.15.2007 12:58 PM

I cant really live at home. Its a little to far to go everyday. Theres not much I can do living away that I cant do at home. My mum just lets me get on with things. Shes never been one to get in the way of a party.

screamingskull 04.15.2007 01:01 PM

it's really easy for me to get into the city for uni every day, its about a 20 minute train journey or a 30 minute bus journey, but i HATE buses.

fluxequalsrad 04.15.2007 01:06 PM

yeah next year I'm moving in with some of my old friends and we're going to have this amazing jam room with mountains of amps+drums+etc.

king_buzzo 04.15.2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad
I've got this 120 watt crate amp that has a cd input that I plug my ipod in to jam along with. It's fucking awesome. I've got these jock / stoner roomates who stay up till 4 am every night playing super smash brothers and its nice just to blast my amp and jam along with my big muff when they're trying to sleep.

Mote
100%
Swimsuit Issue

Fuck those assholes, be sure to turn up all the way and fuck them right in their little assholed.

And just leave your guitar to feedback and do something else, go out.

I think that if one tune which plays constantly annoys more than just different loud songs. So do something like that.

Sonic Life

SynthethicalY 04.15.2007 01:11 PM

Play Confusion is Sex.

SynthethicalY 04.15.2007 01:12 PM

I may move to a dorm.

fluxequalsrad 04.15.2007 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
Fuck those assholes, be sure to turn up all the way and fuck them right in their little assholed.

And just leave your guitar to feedback and do something else, go out.

I think that if one tune which plays constantly annoys more than just different loud songs. So do something like that.

Sonic Life

:) My constant attempts at trying to play super-inexcessible 'Skip Tracer' are probably doing the trick.

Washing Machine 04.15.2007 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamingskull
it's really easy for me to get into the city for uni every day, its about a 20 minute train journey or a 30 minute bus journey, but i HATE buses.

I hate buses too. They take too long, always late, smell funny. I avoid the bus like the plague I would rather crawl.

neptuneg 04.15.2007 01:48 PM

Sonic Youth is like my official dorm room theme. sort of.

kingcoffee 04.15.2007 02:43 PM

If you really want to piss off yr floormates, then just play Starland Vocal Band's "Afternoon Delight" a thousand times like in PCU. They'll go insane and start jumping out of windows like in A Clockwork Orange.

SynthethicalY 04.15.2007 02:45 PM

I can't wait to move to a dorm room.

!@#$%! 04.15.2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad

Mote
100%
Swimsuit Issue

there is probably no better way to convey your rage than napalm death

make sure to turn up the bass. that's what carries through walls.

Style 04.15.2007 04:20 PM

i'm going to art school next year, and i'll be living on campus, so yeah, enough said.

Washing Machine 04.15.2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
there is probably no better way to convey your rage than napalm death

make sure to turn up the bass. that's what carries through walls.

....Or Cannibal Corpse, nothing tells someone your pissed with them quite like classics 'Addicted to Vaginal Skin' and 'I Cum Blood'...

schizophrenicroom 04.15.2007 06:33 PM

i rocked danny himself in my dorm.

Danny Himself 04.15.2007 06:35 PM

It ruled. Your guitar solos are so amazing.

schizophrenicroom 04.15.2007 06:36 PM

i'm good with the whammy bar.

Danny Himself 04.15.2007 06:38 PM

Well yeah, but I wasn't talking about that. I meant that part when you were covering 'Bulbs of Passion' and you did the weird blue box screaming behind the bridge.

And then we rocked. In bed.

schizophrenicroom 04.15.2007 06:44 PM

am i not the best? i even had you screaming behind the bridge. behind my bridge... if you know what i mean.

we had a total teenage riot. in bed.

Danny Himself 04.15.2007 07:11 PM

Behind your bridge? I was coming from all directions. Thats just good tactics, in this modern sex warzone.

schizophrenicroom 04.15.2007 09:27 PM

yeah, those sneaky directions are good tactics. but i'm mentioning behind because you just full on attacked my warzone.

krastian 04.16.2007 12:10 AM

I rocked so hard in my dorm that they kicked me out and gave me 75 hours of community service.....fucking whores.

pbradley 04.16.2007 05:07 AM

can't believe it has only been a year since I left the dorms, now I got this shitty apart

and my bass amp's still miles away in a garage back home... sucks

(oh yeah, and I'm new. so hi.)