Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Last Night In Columbus..... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=5505)

mushmanski57@hotmail.com 08.29.2006 08:04 PM

Setlist for last night anyone?

blueflaming0 08.29.2006 09:44 PM

1. teen age riot
2. incinerate
3. reena
4. what a waste

i forget what came after that. skip tracer, pink steam and rapture were in there somewhere, but i forget the order. anyone else know?

habibtheantiamericanbitch 08.29.2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
Says the man with that avatar

i happen to like that avatar!!!

finding nobody 08.29.2006 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habibtheantiamericanbitch
i happen to like that avatar!!!

It's fun to look at. I wont deny that, but him calling another guy jackass?
Blasphemy!

afterthefact 08.29.2006 11:13 PM

I'm torn, just because on one hand I say you should be able to do whatever you want, but at the same time, show a little discernment, because if you respect the band, than you should show some respect.

RdTv 08.30.2006 06:51 AM

I always say do what you want but be prepared for the consequence, well I did what i wanted and the consequence was not getting further backstage and getting thrown out for the remainder of the flaming lips show. I knew this would happen,(being kicked out) I thought it out, yet after I did it, the alcohol in my blood and one fo the security guys made me angry for a bit. Most of the security were laughing, one of the guys was cool and said if it was his crew they wouldn't have kicked me out. It appears that the one ultra pissed off guy was in charge, and it never looks good when someone just walks on stage, oh well, after the show I made my peace with the man.

bucklebone 08.30.2006 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RdTv
I always say do what you want but be prepared for the consequence, well I did what i wanted and the consequence was not getting further backstage and getting thrown out for the remainder of the flaming lips show. I knew this would happen,(being kicked out) I thought it out, yet after I did it, the alcohol in my blood and one fo the security guys made me angry for a bit. Most of the security were laughing, one of the guys was cool and said if it was his crew they wouldn't have kicked me out. It appears that the one ultra pissed off guy was in charge, and it never looks good when someone just walks on stage, oh well, after the show I made my peace with the man.

No, the consequences were that you admittedly pissed off a lot of people. I can't think of one show that I've been to where an overly-liquored fan, yelling the same thing over and over again, wasn't completely annoying to everyone. Of course yelling at concerts is part of the game, but the incessant yelling of attention-starved drunks drives all of us crazy and can ruin the show for many.

I was at a show in DC where Lou Reed was performing the album 'New York' in its entirety. But during his performance, some dickfuck behind me kept yelling out "White Light/White Heat!!", "White Light/White Heat!!" Of course, that song wasn't part of the 'New York' album, so everyone in the theatre knew it wasn't or couldn't be played. Unfortunately, that is one of my strongest memories of the show.

And about fucking with security, sure it can be fun to try to sneak to a better seat, or sneak backstage, but don't blame them when they don't take too kindly to it.

Peace.

Disgruntled Youth 08.30.2006 01:05 PM

HaydenAsche 08.30.2006 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucklebone
No, the consequences were that you admittedly pissed off a lot of people. I can't think of one show that I've been to where an overly-liquored fan, yelling the same thing over and over again, wasn't completely annoying to everyone. Of course yelling at concerts is part of the game, but the incessant yelling of attention-starved drunks drives all of us crazy and can ruin the show for many.

I was at a show in DC where Lou Reed was performing the album 'New York' in its entirety. But during his performance, some dickfuck behind me kept yelling out "White Light/White Heat!!", "White Light/White Heat!!" Of course, that song wasn't part of the 'New York' album, so everyone in the theatre knew it wasn't or couldn't be played. Unfortunately, that is one of my strongest memories of the show.

And about fucking with security, sure it can be fun to try to sneak to a better seat, or sneak backstage, but don't blame them when they don't take too kindly to it.

Peace.

You are a cunt.

bucklebone 08.30.2006 07:57 PM

Hahahahahahaha Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Disgruntled Youth 08.31.2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueflaming0
1. teen age riot
2. incinerate
3. reena
4. what a waste

i forget what came after that. skip tracer, pink steam and rapture were in there somewhere, but i forget the order. anyone else know?

I also think PCH was played shit I was drunk!!! yet it was a hell of a show.

atsonicpark 09.11.2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RdTv
Was anyone there, if so let's hear the commentary....the experience...

Disgruntled Youth, afterthefact, another friend of mine and myself all rode up together and had a absolute blast. During the SY set I kept yelling'' YOU'VE SEEN HELL A HUNDRED TIMES, THURSTON, YOU'VE SEEN HELL A HUNDRED TIMES!'' I even through in a reference to AssBlaster's banning the look on his face was hilarious, he kept looking around for who was yelling it. After their set was over I snuck backstage and tried to pull some bullshit scam on security, that I was there to talk to Thurston about the Ecstatic Peace account and shit. While I'm doing this Lee walks by and I go talk to him...I tell him that shit because the security guy is grilling me, then we walk into another room and I tell Lee how I'm really full of shit and what not. He was so damn cool, he seemed kinda annoyed but a good sport about it all, I let him know how much respect the band gets from me and the inspiration they have been, he says ''Hey man, what do you need me to do to get you back with us'' I tell him to get the tour manager to get me on the list but it was a no go. Hell, it was worth it all just to meet Lee....
After that I got on stage while the Flaming Lips were playing and I was thrown out....I had fun...what a great show....pics coming soon from Disgruntled Youth

One of the top 10 best posts in the history of this board.