Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

HECKLER SPRAY 12.24.2008 07:26 PM

Derek 12.24.2008 08:09 PM

I missed these pictures.

HECKLER SPRAY 12.26.2008 06:54 AM

Hi folks, let's talk about video games.

I bought Fallout 3 when it came out, and was disappointed. Graphically, it's ok, but it's a bad RPG, the story sucks big time, there're not enough quests, NPCs, towns... and it's too easy. It's a game for the mass market.

SYRFox 12.26.2008 06:58 AM

Never played Fallout 3 - I don't own a Xbox 360 or PS3 or powerful enough computer to run it anyway -, nor any Fallout.
Lately I'm stuck on Animal Crossing Wii. It's really addictive. I'm planning on getting a new Wii game soon, but I don't know which one, probably Super Mario Galaxy or Zelda: Twilight Princess, I can't decide.

atsonicpark 12.26.2008 06:59 AM

I work with a dude who hates rpg's, and he was all excited about Fallout 3, he's like "Oh, you get to shoot things and stuff!" I'm like, "you DO realize it's an RPG right? It's a 40 hour quest." And he's like "but it's first person and it's gotten great reviews and" blah blah blah, trying to distinguish it from the rpg's he hates or something.

Personally, the only system with RPG's coming out that seem worth giving two shits about is the DS. With a few on the PSP. But I heard Dragon Quest IX is going to come out for the Wii also, so fuck! (and if that happens, the console wars are officially over in Japan, if they aren't alrready)

I think Fallout 3 is kinda cool, in the brief time I played with it, and played Oblivion a lot at a friend's house, and that game was really cool. But I'd rather have a REAL (i.e. not made for the people I work with that hate them) rpg -- something Microsoft is probably scared of.

atsonicpark 12.26.2008 07:00 AM

Also, syrfox, you can't go wrong with twilight princess. I think it's a better game than even ocarina of time! (though, you know, nothing will ever replace ocarina in my heart)

atsonicpark 12.26.2008 07:05 AM

Anyone ever notice in movies that a chick who is blonde and has glasses is automatically a bitch? It's like Spock's beard or something.

Also... In real life, a chick with glasses automatically becomes at least 2x (up to 5x) hotter.

SYRFox 12.26.2008 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Also, syrfox, you can't go wrong with twilight princess. I think it's a better game than even ocarina of time! (though, you know, nothing will ever replace ocarina in my heart)

Actually I used to own it before I got burglarized, but I barely ever played it, it failed to catch me by the time I guess... Maybe I would like it better a year further, I don't know. Anyway, I'll probably get it one day even if I don't buy it right now I guess

HECKLER SPRAY 12.26.2008 07:08 AM

Furthermore, I'm a big fan of the old Fallouts, and this one doesn't respect the spirit of Fallout ( black humor, immorality, rough talks...). it's a shame.
It's just a good "exploration" game.
I had fun with it just for few hours.
But I didn't restart a game, like I did with the old ones.

Yeah, Oblivion is good, with a lot of mods.

atsonicpark 12.26.2008 07:11 AM

Personally, I just loved twilight princess's epic scale, and how dark it was... my only problem is that it's one of the easiest zelda games. What a great atmosphere it has though.

Personally, I loved wind waker too, did you ever play that? A lot of people didn't like it, but I thought it was brilliant. The same can't be said for phantom hourglass though.

Derek 12.26.2008 07:21 AM

I loved Wind Waker but ughhh the sailing.... the collecting of the triforce pieces... BORING!

SYRFox 12.26.2008 07:22 AM

Yeah Wind Waker was really fantastic. It had kind of a poetic atmosphere which I really loved. I have had fun with Phantom Hourglass as well, but yeah it wasn't as great as WW. Though Ocarina Of Time still is my favorite Zelda game. I will always remember the shock I've had when I became Adult Link and there was this big fire ring over the top of the mountain... it's an impressive segment.
It's one of those games that gave me shivers

atsonicpark 12.26.2008 07:26 AM

Yeah, Ocarina of Time scared me. When you become an adult... fuck, it's such a hopeless, scary atmosphere.

My favorite part of wind waker was the sailing. The only part of the game I didn't like was getting all that money so Tingle could make maps for you and the triforce bits (which is all part of the same quest). There were originally 2 more dungeons in the game but they cut 'em for time; fuck, why didn't they cut the triforce hunting bits instead? Wind Waker has my favorite last dungeon ever.

Derek 12.26.2008 07:28 AM

My first shock was walking into the marketplace and seeing all those redead zombies.

atsonicpark 12.26.2008 07:29 AM

Yeah.. when they hugged my face, I literally SCREAMED! I mean, I was.. what.. 11? 12? But still.. damn!

That's the most I've ever been in love with a game, I think. For some reason, nowadays I can't just sit and play games for 6-12 hours on end, even if I had the time (Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Disgaea 2 ALMOST had me at that point though). But Ocarina of Time.. damn.

Derek 12.26.2008 07:31 AM

I got Ocarina of Time when I was uhh 5 or 6 I think haha. I remember the first encounter with them was when you had to go under the graveyard to get the sun song. Shit was scary.

[Sandbag] 12.26.2008 09:47 AM

you talkin bout zelda and i'm not here? :O

ocarina of time is the best..

Derek 12.26.2008 12:36 PM

Just ordered A Link To The Past for SNES. Score.

atsonicpark 12.26.2008 02:16 PM

Be careful, the first copy I had for the snes (I got it like 3 years ago), I got near the end of the game and my save was wiped. Completely. Not anything I did wrong, either! I ordered another copy and someone had saved it before at about the halfway mark, so I just played their save until I beat the game, heheh. But yeah, there might be some failing-save copies floating around, since the game is gettin kinda old.

acousticrock87 12.26.2008 03:15 PM

That's happened to a couple Mario games of mine. It made me a super paranoid back-up saver for the rest of my life. I have twice as many memory cards as I need.