Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café IV (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=110922)

noisereductions 02.17.2015 06:54 PM

so yeah that Drake is good.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.17.2015 11:44 PM

New KillahPriest is ok.. new Cappadona is th shit

louder 02.18.2015 03:32 AM

Drake's tape is pretty much his Rich Forever. it serves as a bunch of leftovers that won't make it to his new album. the first half is full of bangers which are pretty samey production-wise but they're all hard. the last few songs is where it gets more mellow and really interesting musically.

the amount of different flows he's used here though, he's a beast now.

"Know Yourself" and "Jungle" are top-tier Drake.

noisereductions 02.18.2015 07:05 AM

Theres a new cappadonna?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.18.2015 09:30 AM

Some preview tracks yes

Severian 02.18.2015 03:49 PM

I haven't heard "Wolves" ... Or the Rhianna track.... I'm just not into piecemealin' a new Kanye album together song by song. I want to get smacked in the goddamn chest by a new album in all its motherfuckin' glory.

I want to know what the fuck is up with the delayed album release. Everybody's talking about the Carter 5 as though it's at all relevant compared to a new Kanye album. We've already heard 2 official massive mixtapes from Wayne since his last album in 2013, but Kanye's gave us almost nothing until "Only One."

I want a fucking official spec sheet. Album title, artwork, tracklist, guest appearances, production, samples, scratches.

Ima have a tantrum.

Rob Instigator 02.18.2015 04:11 PM

Iggy Azalea lyrics

Iggy Iggy pussy illy
Wetter than the Amazon
Taste this kitty
Silly Billy poppin' pilly's
Smoke it like a swisher
Lick this philly
Mold em ah! Soak em ah!
Hook em like crack, after shock
Molten ah! Lava drop
This should be outlawed, call me Pac
(Pu$$y pu$$y)
The illest on the planet
Better play ya cards right Mr. Gambit
If you wanna hang here, ain't no Hammock
Never, no better, law should ban it
Never, no better, law should ban it
I do it right, wit drugs understand it
I do it right, now please sir pan it

First thing's first, I'm the realest (realest)
Drop this and let the whole world feel it (let them feel it)
And I'm still in the Murda Bizness
I could hold you down, like I'm givin' lessons in physics (right, right)
You should want a bad bitch like this (huh?)
Drop it low and pick it up just like this (yeah)
Cup of Ace, cup of Goose, cup of Cris
High heels, somethin' worth a half a ticket on my wrist (on my wrist)
Takin' all the liquor straight, never chase that (never)
Rooftop like we bringin' '88 back (what?)
Bring the hooks in, where the bass at?
Champagne spillin', you should taste that

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.18.2015 05:17 PM

Sev.. folks are going back to the 90s model of having singles and releasing them early to generate buzz. Its also part of the mix tape thing, like where i heard previews of what will probably be new KillahPriest and new Cappadona albums

louder 02.19.2015 05:28 PM

Sunday Candy is easily one of my fav things Chance has done: https://youtube.com/watch?v=vQriCKszlHc

Severian 02.19.2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Sev.. folks are going back to the 90s model of having singles and releasing them early to generate buzz. Its also part of the mix tape thing, like where i heard previews of what will probably be new KillahPriest and new Cappadona albums

Yeah I get it and it's fine for everybody but Kanye.

He hasn't dropped a mixtape since... '07? And his singles an albjms have always gone hand in hand. From the first single you get a feeling for how the albums going to sound. Except with Yeezus.

I just want the mothetfucking album, but watch it take until June to hit shelves.

rebeccagotcursedout 02.19.2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Yeah I get it and it's fine for everybody but Kanye.

He hasn't dropped a mixtape since... '07? And his singles an albjms have always gone hand in hand. From the first single you get a feeling for how the albums going to sound. Except with Yeezus.

I just want the mothetfucking album, but watch it take until June to hit shelves.

sometime in June? yr about right.

if it's as good or better as Yeezus, i'll bow and blow my head off.

then again i hadn't heard Yeezus in ages. is it personal or some internet twitter super future ideology?

sign of the times. compare him to Prince or are you too scared too? yeah, i said it.

ok, Brian Wilson.

people hated it because they wanted hip hop and not some 3d version rocknrap iphoneinternetrules album.

still like it

take Joey,Chance,Kendrick, or Killer Mike any day over him anyway.

louder 02.20.2015 12:30 AM

are you foreverasskiss? missed you dude.

louder 02.20.2015 08:31 AM

Kanye West's New Album Is 80% Done
http://www.thefader.com/2015/02/20/k...beck-but-didnt
Quote:

Kanye West appeared on Power 105.1's The Breakfast Club this morning, and sure enough, he had more to say about his now-infamous stage-storming moment with Beck at the Grammys. The big revelation: he got Beck's number to call him and talk it out—but he just hasn't gotten to it yet. "I got his number and I was supposed to call, but I just keep forgetting...I felt good for him. Think of all the good stuff that happened to me in the last eight days. The person that won was Beck, because if I hadn't done that, his Album of the Year would've never been mentioned...He should win an award for what he did—Rock Album—but he shouldn't have won that award."

"It's really ironic that every time it's Beyoncé, for some reason...I think Beyoncé is a great representation of an artist working hard and trying her best," he continued, commenting on the funny fact that every time he's "done this," it's been in defense of Beyoncé. "In America, we have to recognize greatness when we see it...You not gonna have somebody hit all the shots and not give them that credit. Beyoncé don't need no help...they figure she got everything so she don't need nothing else, but she need the proper accolades." Then he had this amazing anecdote about talking with Taylor Swift (what a world!): "Taylor was saying that when she was the victim, she won every award, but now that she's the powerful artist, she ain't winning any more awards."

'Ye was also asked about racism, which he touched on in his recent gargantuan interview with Style. Some excerpted comments: "The world is moving. Twenty years from now, every person of color—every female or minority that comes in power will have been shifted...in 100 years, the whole world might be black." He threw shade at Amber Rose, for obvious reasons ("I had to take 30 showers before I got with Kim," damn), addressed Tyga's alleged relationship with Kylie Jenner ("He got in early...I knew Tyga was smart"), and offered some details on how his next album is shaping up—specifically, it's 80% done, and he's gonna release it as a surprise album: "[It's gonna be] bars, songs, cookout music that just feels good. My last album was a protest to music, I was like 'I'm gonna take my ball and go home'...This album is embracing the music, joy. Being of service to the people. I just hope people like it and enjoy it."

When asked about the public spate of police brutality last year, he said: "My dad emailed me and said 'Stay out of it.' That's my only parent, so I have to listen...I think he's trying to be protective of his son. I can't run in front of every single bullet." He said that he'll be addressing police brutality on his new album. Watch the whole interview above.

Severian 02.23.2015 09:21 PM

I've been just blasting Kanye's full discography on shuffle for the past week, and I haven't skipped a single song. His music hits me like nothing else out there, and I think the new album is going to be another album that's extremely good and extremely hard to rank as being better or worse than Yeezus or MBDTF.

I don't even have a favorite Ye album anymore. Everything kills, including Cruel Summer and WTT and just about all the singles and one-offs. If I had to rank I'd put Twisted Fantasy on top, but only because I can't seem to start that album without finishing it.

But real talk, Late Registration, when I'm by myself and really feeling it, is every bit as essential in a completely different way. "Gone" and "Celebration" and "Late" and of course "Diamonds..." It's all fucking killer. And so is Graduation. And 808s, and Dropout and blah blah! He either makes me feel invincible or he makes me think. Sometimes I cry. Whatever, he does things that nobody else can do, and after 8 records, I'm pretty sure we can rule out the idea that this is somehow a fluke. He'll keep bringing it til it's done brought.

lonely day.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.23.2015 10:34 PM

Fucking shit is this the hip hop thread or the kanye thread?

noisereductions 02.23.2015 10:53 PM

I think...

Dark Twisted
Graduation
Yeezus
Watch The Throne
Cruel Summer
808s
Late Registration
College Dropout

but like you sev, even the lowest on the list are excellent albums.

noisereductions 02.23.2015 10:55 PM

suchfriends, did you hear about his Black Knights album that came out last yaer produced by John Frusciante? Holy shiz that sounds dope.

noisereductions 02.23.2015 10:56 PM

albums I want suchfriends to listen to and give feedback on:

Kendrick Lamar - Section.80
YG - My Krazy Life

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.23.2015 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
suchfriends, did you hear about his Black Knights album that came out last yaer produced by John Frusciante? Holy shiz that sounds dope.

Fucking shit NO I DID NOT and I'm immediately looking for it. Black Knights was the only Wu bumped for yearz yo!

As much as i don't personally dig it i know that kendrick lamar is shit in some different dimension from string theory something i would bump so ill check it out

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 02.23.2015 11:53 PM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQLd1QWe7ig here is black knights medieval chambers