Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Have you ever thought of quitting your job? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=11765)

sarramkrop 03.29.2007 06:16 AM

Have you ever thought of quitting your job?

American Beauty style. Difficult to explain, but in a way i feel underestimated and i feel like telling my bosses to shove this job up their arses. Have you ever done something similar? I don't even have any worries about telling this on the internet anymore.

jon boy 03.29.2007 06:21 AM

at least once an hour.

nicfit 03.29.2007 06:41 AM

I'd try and do something more fight club style than american beauty style.

fishmonkey 03.29.2007 07:03 AM

yeah i did, and now i'm doing it, i'm just looking for another job, i could never not have a job to go to though, i'm doing an interview tomorrow as it happens.

sonicl 03.29.2007 07:04 AM

I think about quitting my job almost constantly, but I need an income to pay the bills, so it's not something I could do without having another job lined up.

sarramkrop 03.29.2007 07:09 AM

I need this job in order to live and i couldn't stand being unemployed, even for only 2 days . Perhaps i just need a little more risk taking and a change of envoirement. I noticed that the constant lack of light and being in front of a computer screen for so long is damaging my health both phisically and mentally.

jon boy 03.29.2007 07:19 AM

i have walked out of jobs before but i was much younger and more carefree.

now i have to work so its just a case of biting my tongue and taking it. i am going to read fight club on my lunch.

_slavo_ 03.29.2007 07:19 AM

is that job providing you good money, porky?

sonicl 03.29.2007 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I noticed that the constant lack of light and being in front of a computer screen for so long is damaging my health both phisically and mentally.

The lack of natural light in your little cell is atrocious. You need daylight for the body to produce various "happy hormones", so it comes as no surprise at all if it's damaging to your mental health.

sarramkrop 03.29.2007 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
The lack of natural light in your little cell is atrocious. You need daylight for the body to produce various "happy hormones", so it comes as no surprise at all if it's damaging to your mental health.

And you've been there only for a few hours. I'm taking some time off to reflect. At the moment i just feel like John Giorno when he worked in Wall Street in the 50's . I posted this before but he used to sleep all the time because he couldn't stand being alive and the routine. The thought of commuting through the city on unreliable and overcrowded public transport is slowly killing me.

sarramkrop 03.29.2007 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
here is smth that belongs to a lee thread, but its appropriate here too i believe.
its very old, must have been posted zillion times, but am reading it now and dont think have read before.
http://www.litkicks.com/SlicedBardo/SBOne.html

awesome

SynthethicalY 03.29.2007 08:15 AM

Everytime I punch in to work.

Savage Clone 03.29.2007 08:43 AM

I just had 8 months off. I'm good for a while yet.
Plus I actually like the place I work at.

For now.

gmku 03.29.2007 08:48 AM

Never.

sarramkrop 03.29.2007 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
is that job providing you good money, porky?

Not nearly enough as 'they' think it is.

jon boy 03.29.2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
here is smth that belongs to a lee thread, but its appropriate here too i believe.
its very old, must have been posted zillion times, but am reading it now and dont think have read before.
http://www.litkicks.com/SlicedBardo/SBOne.html

thank you!

i have had many a bad boss and a few that i actually had respect for and that where decent people who treated the workers well. i just dont like the abuse of power that a lot of people do when they become a boss or just assuming that you dont mind being ordered around.

i remember andy warhol said that if he could keep any person around with him when he was working it would be a boss. someone to tell you what to do and make the ultimate decisions. in a way i would like the same sometimes.

sonicl 03.29.2007 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I just had 8 months off. I'm good for a while yet.
Plus I actually like the place I work at.

For now.

What are you doing now, Mr Clone?

jon boy 03.29.2007 09:22 AM

roadie for nine inch nails.

Toilet & Bowels 03.29.2007 09:35 AM

tester in a leather trouser factory

HairwayToSteven 03.29.2007 09:41 AM

I am going to be leaving my job in a few months. I have thought a lot about doing something like that. If they piss me off enough, I just might...