Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   double leopards (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=20476)

Kloriel 03.14.2008 06:40 PM

double leopards

are double leopards still together?

toxic johnny 03.14.2008 06:43 PM

I fucking hope so...

Everyneurotic 03.14.2008 07:07 PM

they are in hiatus, all of them are concentrating on their other projects (religious knives and marcia's ten thousand bands) and there are no future releases planned that i know of.

Kloriel 03.14.2008 07:14 PM

have you heard any of those other projects? any good?

Everyneurotic 03.14.2008 07:54 PM

yes, very good!!!!

religious knives are awesome
hototogisu are awesome
ghq are awesome
zaïmph are awesome

actually, it's like every shade of the leopards sound made into a separate band.

regarding the hope for them to get back together, judging by their side in crippled rosebud bindings, i really hope that if they come back, they come back for real and like they mean it and not just go through the motion. if they don't come back, i think they would be leaving on a very high note.

SYRFox 03.15.2008 02:59 AM

White Rock (with members of Mouthus) are very good too

pokkeherrie 03.15.2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kloriel
are double leopards still together?

I asked that question to marcia bassett last week at a GHQ show and she said pretty much the same as everyneurotic wrote. they're too busy with their other projects right now and that keeps them from coming back together. maybe sometime in the future.

Gulasch Noir 03.15.2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
I asked that question to marcia bassett last week at a GHQ show and she said pretty much the same as everyneurotic wrote. they're too busy with their other projects right now and that keeps them from coming back together. maybe sometime in the future.

I also want to talk to Marcia Bassett.

Two years ago I bid on Halve Maen and was outbid at something like 50, 60 Dollars. A few months ago I tried my luck again and was outbid at only 35 or 40 dollars. I had totally forgotten about it, goddamnit!

Toilet & Bowels 03.15.2008 06:02 PM

there are two zaimph releases that are awesome, but the rest i don't really like so much, ghq i'm not so bothered about, i like what i've heard of black quater & the more recent religious knives stuff (their early stuff is terrible). i reckon double leopards are way better than any of the side projects.

voided 03.15.2008 08:19 PM

Knives here released today with audio clip on site http://www.archivecd.com/shop.htm

Everyneurotic 03.16.2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voided
Knives here released today with audio clip on site http://www.archivecd.com/shop.htm

ordered.

voided 03.16.2008 04:28 PM

My best customer in Mexico!!

Everyneurotic 03.16.2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voided
My best customer in Mexico!!

it's your fault for releasing and stocking such goodness!

i did miss the silvester anfang and musica transonic with haino you had.

---
on topic...

i didn't check out pretty much any of their side projects because i was very much into double leopards and was not into seeing what they were up to (except hototogisu who i was not aware featured marcia), i didn't want to get disappointed.

that's why i stayed away from religious knives until recently, and yes i heard that criticism before (early stuff not good, later stuff a whole lot better), zaïmph i've heard like one release and ghq i thought it was going to be not so good but i enjoy them.

voided 03.16.2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
it's your fault for releasing and stocking such goodness!

i did miss the silvester anfang and musica transonic with haino you had.

---
on topic...

i didn't check out pretty much any of their side projects because i was very much into double leopards and was not into seeing what they were up to (except hototogisu who i was not aware featured marcia), i didn't want to get disappointed.

that's why i stayed away from religious knives until recently, and yes i heard that criticism before (early stuff not good, later stuff a whole lot better), zaïmph i've heard like one release and ghq i thought it was going to be not so good but i enjoy them.

Marcia plays as a duo with Tom Carter called Zaika thats pretty good as well.. generally speaking i like most of the projects/ groups she works in GHQ stuff is really strong.. Three lobed did some nice releases with them.

whorefrost 04.25.2008 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
religious knives, had to listen twice and be more openminded to get into them.

I have the Remains CD and the luck/in the back 12" and they are definitely growers. Hard to say which of the two I dig more at this point, they've got quite different vibes.
Interested to check out the new live CD mentioned above, apparently of a more lean aesthetic sonic-wise, akin to old school garage rock I've heard. Everyneurotic, you got it yet?

jon boy 04.25.2008 06:39 AM

not as into rk as i am dl. i really love dl.

tesla69 04.25.2008 10:48 AM

GHQ are amazing, Marc Orleans played with them a couple weeks ago and it was really great. They seem closer to the DLs sound to my ears than the other postDL bands. its interesting to hear what each member brought out of the DLs. RK seem more informed by rock than the other postDL's group.

Everyneurotic 04.25.2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whorefrost
I have the Remains CD and the luck/in the back 12" and they are definitely growers. Hard to say which of the two I dig more at this point, they've got quite different vibes.
Interested to check out the new live CD mentioned above, apparently of a more lean aesthetic sonic-wise, akin to old school garage rock I've heard. Everyneurotic, you got it yet?

definitely garagey stuff, very different from what you expect from dl side projects or even after listening to remains, it's actualy live versions of songs mostly on their troubleman cd; very good and organic.

one of their songs is called "96 tears", for the nuge's sake!

batreleaser 04.25.2008 10:14 PM

who are double leapords?

Everyneurotic 04.25.2008 10:39 PM

one of the best bands ever, go seek halve maen.

NOW!