Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   top 5 nirvana songs (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=34566)

atsonicpark 09.14.2009 10:25 PM

top 5 nirvana songs

In your opinion.

1. aneurysm
2. blandest
3. sliver
4. scentless apprentice
5. spank thru

Something like that.

Sorry if we've had this topic, was blasting their masterpiece FROM THE MUDDY BANKS OF THE WISHKAH today and had to make a thread.

infinitemusic 09.14.2009 10:41 PM

1. Something In the Way (Peel Session, I hate the album version)
2. You Know You're Right
3. Milk It
4. Papercuts
5. School
BONUS: #6. Sappy (1990 Studio Demo)

ymjon 09.14.2009 11:38 PM

1. Very Ape
2. About a Girl
3. Blew
4. Dumb
5. Silver (or Negative Creep)

Aaaadrpk 09.14.2009 11:44 PM

very hard question, I like very much all songs and all Nirvana,..
1. Dumb
2. Rape Me
3. Penny Royal Tea
4. Something In The Way
5. Aneurysm
This could my top 5 NOW, 'tomorrow never knows..'

Aaaadrpk 09.15.2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
tomorrow never knows?

...something in the way should have made me then/now list as well...always loved that song. the first song i actually memorized all the lyrics too...ever. it really is beautiful.

nirvana really does have far too much amazing material for me to put together a list...i just went by what ive listened to the most of then and now. always suject to change though...really.

i dont listen to nirvana as much as i used to, but theyve been a staple since 5th grade. i go through several (2-3-4-5) stints a year, usually lasting a week or so, to where i listen to almost nothing but nirvana. lots of nostalgia there, sometimes...but also there are moments to where it still sounds so fresh.

tomorrow never knows > Been a Nirvana fan. Like me and 'half of world', I don't know if tomorrow ou maybe after five minutes this top that i posted will be the same.

loubarret 09.15.2009 01:12 AM

1. Aneurysm
2. In Bloom
3. Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle
4. Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through the Strip
5. Something In The Way(Peel)

東京親父ギャグ研究所 09.15.2009 05:48 AM

Beeswax
Hairspray Queen
Paper Cuts
Curmudgeon
I Hate Myself And Want To Die

radarmaker 09.15.2009 06:35 AM

Frances Farmer
Drain You
Aneurysm
Spank Thru
Help Me I'm Hungry, or whatever it's real name is (Vendettagainst?)

It's probably over a decade since I listened to them, mind.

Toilet & Bowels 09.15.2009 07:26 AM

big long now
sifting
and then any three songs at random from the second sides of bleach & incesticide

notyourfiend 09.15.2009 09:01 AM

For some reason, my favorite Nirvana song has always been Verse Chorus Verse

Rob Instigator 09.15.2009 09:13 AM

1. School
2. Negative Creep
3. Come As You Are
4. Big Cheese
5. Sliver

SONIC GAIL 09.15.2009 09:54 AM

I have Smells Like Teen Spirit as my ring tone........I know...I know.....I know what yr thinking......I still like it though...I will never forgert the first time I heard it...............not on my top 5 though.............I can sing my top 5 but honestly get the names confused....cause I got most off of lime wire (my old cassettes were either copied from someone else or shredded from use) So my top 5 includes most everything from bleach and incesticide.

Satan 09.15.2009 10:28 AM

no particular order

drain you (this is my #1 nirvana song forever)
aneurysm
blandest
lithium
serve the servants

noisereductions 09.15.2009 10:41 AM

so hard. But off the top of my head:

Territorial Pissings
Lounge Act
Opinion
Oh Me (it counts)
Old Age

infinitemusic 09.15.2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
i always think its odd when ppl dont like SLTS simply because it was popular. i mean, the song was really good. i still like it.

ive just heard it toooooooo many damned times.

Yeah, it's retarded not to like something just because it was popular. I really don't like the album much anymore because it's overproduced, and the lyrics are usually pretty boring.

Rob Instigator 09.15.2009 10:50 AM

nirvana's lyrics were secondary to the RAWK, at least till they pussyfied with In Utero.

Satan 09.15.2009 10:51 AM

imagine nevermind if albini did it instead of whatshisface-lameass who did dirty

Rob Instigator 09.15.2009 10:56 AM

Butch Vig?

I think nevermind sounds fine. Turn that shit up to 11 and it kicks out the mofuckin jams

atsonicpark 09.15.2009 10:58 AM

I don't like Nevermind. I like Lounge Act, Lithium, and Drain You and that's about it (2 of those songs have superior versions on Wishkah also). I find the record a bit dull and predictable, I don't even care that it's "overplayed". I don't like In Utero much either; it's about half brilliant, half awful (Heart-Shaped Box and Rape Me are both just fucking terrible). The brilliant stuff is really brilliant though (VEry Ape, Dumb, Servants, Apprentice). Also, while I'm at it, I don't like Unplugged in NY much. It's alright.

But WISHKAH, INCESTICIDE, a lot of their b-sides/outtakes ("Marigold"! fuck!), and BLEACH are all fucking masterpieces.

Satan 09.15.2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Butch Vig?

I think nevermind sounds fine. Turn that shit up to 11 and it kicks out the mofuckin jams

correct
but omg if albini recorded/produced