Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Originals: Hawkwind - Do Not Panic (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=23907)

Pookie 07.31.2008 07:39 AM

Originals: Hawkwind - Do Not Panic

I'm sure this was originally on one of the digital channels, but for those of us who still only have terrestrial television:

Originals: Hawkwind - Do Not Panic

Friday 01 August
11:35pm - 12:35am
BBC2
The inside story of Hawkwind, one of Britain's wildest acid rock bands. Emerging from the Ladbroke Grove underground at the end of the 60s, the band trailed radicalism and counter-culture in their wake, and have been a direct influence on punk, metal, dance and rave. Includes interviews with some of the band's enduring legends, including bassist Lemmy, writer Michael Moorcock, founder members Terry Ollis, Nik Turner and Mick Slattery, and former managers Doug Smith and Jeff Dexter.

MellySingsDoom 07.31.2008 07:52 AM

Thanks for the heads up, Pooke - will try and catch this tomorrow.

blunderbuss 07.31.2008 07:56 AM

Ooh, thank you. That'll be something to look forward to while I waste Friday afternoon at someone I don't know's wedding.

Savage Clone 08.09.2013 09:43 AM

Apropos of nothing, I am pretty excited to have scored an opening slot for Nik Turner's Space Ritual this coming October. Kind of a fanboy coup there.

Toilet & Bowels 08.09.2013 06:26 PM

No Dave Brock?
Will look for it on iPlayer though, thanks!

Savage Clone 08.09.2013 06:50 PM

Brock is touring with his version of Hawkwind (which is actually called Hawkwind) AT THE SAME EXACT TIME as Nik's Space Ritual. Hawkwind are playing Warrior On The Edge Of Time. Wish I could see that show too, but that tour is not stopping here. I have never seen Brock play, and have only seen Nik once about twenty years ago. Pretty excited about this. Small club too.

Bytor Peltor 08.09.2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Apropos of nothing, I am pretty excited to have scored an opening slot for Nik Turner's Space Ritual this coming October. Kind of a fanboy coup there.

Can you point me in the direction of tour dates??? The only thing I can find is a date in September and one for February 2014.

I plan to see the other Hawkwind in October......fortunate Houston is the last stop on the North America tour.

Savage Clone 08.12.2013 10:36 AM

I can't find the complete tourdates yet either, but will post them when I do. Wish I could see the Brock version too. Full report, please.

Mortte Jousimo 08.13.2013 03:09 AM

I saw Hawkwind 2004-2005 two times. They were quite great, played mostly old tunes. The greatest moment was in the Ruisrock-festival where also Motörhead was performing. In encore Lemmy came to the stage and they played Silver Machine with two Richenbacher basses! Of course Lemmy also sang.