Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anticipated records of 2008? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=18484)

Everyneurotic 12.22.2007 10:10 PM

Anticipated records of 2008?

so what albums are you looking forward in this coming year?

after already listening to earth's (amazing!) and rotten sound's (i'm still undecided) new ones, i'm looking forward to:

-genghis tron
-cat power
-xiu xiu
-autechre
-dub trio
-stephen malkmus
-the kills
-be your own pet
-thuja
-grey machine
-nadja
-times new viking
-absu

HaydenAsche 12.22.2007 10:16 PM

Xiu Xiu and Cat Power for sure.

Other than that, I don't really give a shit. Ha.

SYRFox 12.23.2007 02:30 AM

- Sonic Youth
- My Bloody Valentine
- Animal Collective
- Mogwai
- Gang Gang Dance
- Autechre

ZEROpumpkins 12.23.2007 02:36 AM

By this time next year, I'm expecting at least half of these:
Primus, Aphex Twin, Sebadoh, Sonic Youth, Beck, Chavez, Slint, Polvo, Fantomas, MBV, Venetian Snares (Probably 3 albums), Yo La Tengo

Most of these are based on the rate in which these bands release albums (Like how SY have released an album every two years since ATL)

StevOK 12.23.2007 01:14 PM

Man, next year looks promising. I can't wait for the MBV.

Iain 12.23.2007 01:23 PM

Will be looking forward to the new Times New Viking. Has that got a release date yet? Also, I think Goslings have got something coming out soonish. I can't remember what label though. Looking forward to the new Earth as well.

I don't really know what else is coming out. Plenty of re-issue stuff no doubt. Satori by The Flower Travellin band is being re-issued on vinyl...I think it's out already actually. More japrock stuff being reissued on the coattails of the Cope book...that would be nice.

Everyneurotic 12.23.2007 01:37 PM

times new viking - rip it off (matador): jan 22

i also found out that on this date, two long out of print records are being reissued: fairport covention - unhalfbricking and the feelies - crazy rhythm.

atsonicpark 12.23.2007 02:33 PM

fire on fire, polysics, etc.

nicfit 12.23.2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
so what albums are you looking forward in this coming year?

after already listening to earth's (amazing!)

I'll be seeing them in february. Do they allow audience taping?

Everyneurotic 12.23.2007 02:44 PM

i think they do, although there aren't many shows in circulation.

--

and yeah satori on vinyl should be sweet and the goslings have shitloads of stuff scheduled. actually, i'm surprised they didn't release any of it this year.

✌➬ 12.23.2007 02:49 PM

BYOP, and Cat Power.

EyeballGrowth 12.23.2007 02:58 PM

Primus definately. I'm still waiting for any news about progress, or a tour. I really need to see them again. Best concert I've ever seen. Ever

Aphex Twin really? Don't know what to think of that. I'm not fond of his new material post Windowlicker.

nicfit 12.23.2007 03:00 PM

Second original silence?

HaydenAsche 12.23.2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
Primus definately. I'm still waiting for any news about progress, or a tour. I really need to see them again. Best concert I've ever seen. Ever

Aphex Twin really? Don't know what to think of that. I'm not fond of his new material post Windowlicker.

I've got Primus news:

They're going to release an album with 10 6 minute songs that all sound the same and have an interesting opening bass line but never go anywhere interesting.

k-krack 12.23.2007 03:24 PM

Silver Mt Zion - 13 Blues For Thirteen Moons
Xiu Xiu
Sonic Youth
Wolf Parade
MBV if it happens... doubtful.
Broken Social Scene Presents... Brendan Canning (I believe this one's next)

k-krack 12.23.2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I've got Primus news:

They're going to release an album with 10 6 minute songs that all sound the same and have an interesting opening bass line but never go anywhere interesting.

hahaa bang on. Most of the time, I don't even find the bass interesting, just afuckingnnoying. And dude needs to give up the voice.

HaydenAsche 12.23.2007 03:26 PM

Ooh. New ASMZ? I'm excited.

Iain 12.23.2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
times new viking - rip it off (matador): jan 22

i also found out that on this date, two long out of print records are being reissued: fairport covention - unhalfbricking and the feelies - crazy rhythm.

Ace, thanks for the info. I thought it was out way later in the year for some reason.

Satori has been reissued by Radioactive but they are scarce now (they pressed 1000 I think) and most of Radioactives stuff are bootlegs. They have closed down now but came back as Fallout records. I wonder who Phoenix are, the people who are putting out this new issue of Satori?

Torn Curtain 12.23.2007 05:03 PM

The Notwist
My Brightest Diamond
Sigur Rós
Bauhaus
Portishead

flophousefloozie 12.23.2007 05:47 PM

Primus has a new one coming out in Febuary. I will be seeing them the day before. I'm looking forward to that...