Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Best looking Male/Female (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=8777)

k-krack 12.07.2006 06:09 PM

Best looking Male/Female

Please only vote for one male and one female, as I have combined these. Thanks very much.

porkmarras 12.07.2006 06:14 PM

What category am i meant to be in?

Pookie 12.07.2006 06:16 PM

Where's Kegmama? I refuse to vote in a best looking poll that doesn't include Kegmama. Please rectify.

HaydenAsche 12.07.2006 06:19 PM

I only voted for Drone. I forgot to vote for a girl. +1 for Cantanky.

Norma J 12.07.2006 06:39 PM

There's no "other" category. So I can't vote.

Daddylikes 12.07.2006 06:44 PM

Kegmama and Crypto

k-krack 12.07.2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
There's no "other" category. So I can't vote.

There was no room for an "other" catagory. I tried my best with the nominees I had, but it's never good enough! You don't always have to be so alternative, Norma, sweetie.

Norma J 12.07.2006 06:52 PM

The lists are all the same though. It's the 'sonic Youth cool kids club'. HAHA. Mights aswell have just randomly placed the same 10 or so members into each category without the nominations. I think this board would be good without the hipsters and the pack-mentality.

Was that a poem? Maybe.

Savage Clone 12.07.2006 06:56 PM

I am not voting in any of these things.
For the record, I didn't ask to be part of any of these lists, and I also think that if we are going to do this "yearbook" stuff (I would NEVER have had a chance in hell of being highlighted in an actual yearbook during my school years, and I also kinda hate this stuff, even though it is meant to be lighthearted and "fun"), might I suggest that if someone "wins," that perhaps they shouldn't be eligible for further categories?

I know this was supposed to be fun, but it seems a lot of people see no fun in it...

Savage Clone 12.07.2006 06:58 PM

Besides which, the two girls I find most attractive (truncated and cuetzpalin) aren't on the poll. More disturbingly, there would be a tie in my mind between two of the male candidates.

Norma J 12.07.2006 07:00 PM

If you were reffering to my post, I don't actually see the fun in it, but I also don't see the harm in it either. I'm impartial to it. But the board in general has a pack-mentality which this YEARBOOK thing makes obvious.

porkmarras 12.07.2006 07:01 PM

Well said.I'm also starting to think that the posters who start this sort of crap are rather damaged individuals and should get my non-vote for being sad in the appropriate category that i created myself.Don't let me start a poll on that or argument is going to ensue.And by the way,no poll is ever gonna describe the translucent beauty that i emanate in the flesh.

edit-post referes to Clone's.

Glice 12.07.2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norma J
If you were reffering to my post, I don't actually see the fun in it, but I also don't see the harm in it either. I'm impartial to it. But the board in general has a pack-mentality which this YEARBOOK thing makes obvious.

You're a provocative bore, but you are entirely spot on here.

Glice 12.07.2006 07:03 PM

Oh, and by the way, Porky is beautiful, but Toilet & Bowels is fucking gorgeous. As is Truncated.

Norma J 12.07.2006 07:05 PM

Glice, you're apart of this 'pack' I speak of. There's 10 or so regular members who pack together and give eachother cyber-handies. I'm not apart of that, so of course you'd consider me boring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Oh, and by the way, Porky is beautiful, but Toilet & Bowels is fucking gorgeous. As is Truncated.

My point proven.

Danny Himself 12.07.2006 07:06 PM

This is bullshit. Richard Pryor on Fire is the real board love-man. Only two votes?

porkmarras 12.07.2006 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice

You aint bad either.I would do you at the back of a stolen car but i fear it might have some severe repercussions on your ideas of size.

Savage Clone 12.07.2006 07:07 PM

Just because some people naturally wind up being friends (which happens in the flesh world too, you know; people of like mind, interests and temperament tend to get along and want to talk/hang out, etc) doesn't mean we are part of some kind of exclusive "in crowd," or that we intentionally foster such attitudes.
I certainly try not to.

Danny Himself 12.07.2006 07:09 PM

This board is like the ranch in 'Of Mice and Men'. Everyone distrusts everyone, except Hip Priest- of course, cryptowonderdruginvogue is too clumsy, and will kill Porkie's man-wife in the barn, and will eventually have to be shot in the back of the head by Gary Sinese as he talks about bunnies.

Norma J 12.07.2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Just because some people naturally wind up being friends (which happens in the flesh world too, you know; people of like mind, interests and temperament tend to get along and want to talk/hang out, etc) doesn't mean we are part of some kind of exclusive "in crowd," or that we intentionally foster such attitudes.
I certainly try not to.

Of course people bond and form internet friendships or whatever you have. But everyone should have their own voice, which this board lacks. The member sof this board speak for eachother, and don't dare go against the 'Sonic Youth Cool Kids Club' or you'll hear about it in every thread, over and over, and over,... and over. Majority of the ones not involved, are the ones trying to be involved in it by repeating in every thread "Got to spread some..." blah blah blah.