Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Soundgarden anyone? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1864)

EyeballGrowth 05.14.2006 04:35 PM

Soundgarden anyone?

This is a band that I definately think should get back together. Hearing about the Meat Puppets reforming is actually more exciting to me, but I'd be quite thrilled if Soundgarden was to reform. They were one of my absolute favorite bands of the 90's, and I think they were way more talented than Pearl Jam or Alice in Chains. They wrote lots of their music using really weird time signatures, and the two guitarists and the singer did some really cool stuff. Audioslave is booring. Instead of covering Soundgarden songs live like they do in their shows, I don't get why they don't just reform Soundgarden. I think bands that won't get back together like that have a certain stupid rockstar mentality like " No, I'm not musically tied to one band, I don't have to live in the past, I need to prove I can do other things, blah blah blah " lame

Confusion is Dante 05.14.2006 04:40 PM

Soundgarden had two great records......"Ultramegaokay", and "Louder Than Love"..........The rest suck.
No.....they should never reunite.

marleypumpkin 05.14.2006 04:41 PM

^^: Hell fucking yeah. I miss this group alot as well. & I can't stand Audioslave. & everytime I hear it, I wonder off to the better days in life where Soundgarden were still together.

umjammer atomsk 05.14.2006 04:51 PM

Chris Cornell is an idiot.

ricechex 05.14.2006 04:56 PM

Chris Cornell's screaming metal voice could be rather annoying to me. the music was pretty cool.

krastian 05.14.2006 05:26 PM

I think it would be pretty tight if they did a small club tour.

youthoftomorrow 05.14.2006 05:29 PM

i love Soundgarden.

i like that first Audioslave single, "Cochise". the rest of them weren't much good.

Mudride 05.14.2006 05:40 PM

Kim Thayil is a cool dude.

PunkerViolence 05.14.2006 05:59 PM

U lot should see Louder than Live....its fucking awsome, Black n White early soundgarden show.

terminal pharmacy 05.14.2006 07:16 PM

i love soundgarden but i would never want them to reform, you cannot relive halcyon days chasing the dragon like that, it just doesnt work. and everything after superunkown was pretty average and formulaic.

sonic sphere 05.15.2006 08:27 AM

i love ultramega ok it's a fine album. like the way death valley fades in and out too!

fishmonkey 05.15.2006 08:48 AM

i love Soundgarden and saw them live on the Superunknown Tour, i love if they got back together although i think C Cornell has his feet pretty much under the table of Audioslave and M Cameron with Pearl Jam

alyasa 05.15.2006 11:45 AM

Oh yes, please.
I'll hammer on until you fight.

Everyneurotic 05.15.2006 12:16 PM

i like badmotorfinger a lot, i like superunknown too, haven't heard the rest.

DemonBox 05.15.2006 12:24 PM

I liked badmotorfinger. Rusty Cage is such a killer tune.

terminal pharmacy 05.16.2006 04:42 AM

chris cornell is just a professional rockstar now i no longer consider him a musician, everything he does now is just ballad shit, audioslave was the most boring thing i ever heard what a fucking waste of potential brilliance that was

therealglenstyler 05.16.2006 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
chris cornell is just a professional rockstar now i no longer consider him a musician, everything he does now is just ballad shit, audioslave was the most boring thing i ever heard what a fucking waste of potential brilliance that was

disco.
last three soundgarden records are flawless and should remain unsullied by the gross spectacle that would be a reformation tour, of course i'd go if they did, but i'd hate them, me and it all the way through then get depressed at being such a sap and sink into a pit of self loathing and auto destruction. tragic.

johnnywinternoshow 05.16.2006 07:41 AM

louder than love is one of my favourite albums ever, gun was one of the first songs i learnt on guitar

alyasa 05.16.2006 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnywinternoshow
louder than love is one of my favourite albums ever, gun was one of the first songs i learnt on guitar

Oh yeah, Dropped D tuning.

Trasher02 05.16.2006 11:48 AM

I never really got into soundgarden... dunno just doesn't really do it for me.