Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

EVOLghost 07.06.2014 05:18 PM

Niice.

I'm hoping to finish the dictionary stick this coming week. This girl I'm seeing right now wants to play SF with me ><. Ima teach her chun.

vulva 07.07.2014 01:27 AM

haven't done anything to the FE, no need.

If you're teaching her Chun just show her my videos :P

Also EVOL I think there's a solid chance I'll make it out of pools this year. My EVO pool looks kinda empty...

EVOLghost 07.07.2014 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulva

Siiiick corner combo with the down foward jump in.

Good luck on yer pools.

Also noiseredux. I'll add you as soon as I get Internet again. Switching accounts....

EVOLghost 07.13.2014 12:04 PM

This years EVO is fucking nuts. Vulva....hope yer having an awesome time. I wish I would've gone :/

vulva 07.14.2014 03:49 PM

so... this happened to me at EVO this year http://evo2014.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssf4_e64.html

Then got bopped in QF by RF and DaFeetLee. Both really good players though so I feel no shame. Not many make it out of their pools at EVO, let alone in winner's bracket!

noisereductions 07.14.2014 07:40 PM

holy shit, GG's vulva!!

EVOLghost 07.15.2014 08:12 AM

NIIIICE!

Hahah you defeated Tuboware? He's from Champaign! a midwest player. neat-o!

good shit though.

vulva 07.15.2014 06:17 PM

Got all of my recorded games uploaded. The last two games I played and the last half of my winner's final's match unfortunately weren't properly recorded due to a lack of space on my girlfriend's phone.

First round of my pool. Me against a decapre player named Ian Jobe
Second round of my pool. me against a ryu player named Sd Atax1s
Winner's semi-finals of my pool. Me against a blanka player named Rickdawg
Winner's finals of my pool. Me against a blanka player named Tuboware. Unfortunately only the first game was recorded, cut off just as I was closing out the first game.

I'm just happy to have some of my success at getting out of pools documented. Looking back, I played really sloppy at times. Dem tournament nerves :(

noisereductions 07.15.2014 08:29 PM

a fellow Chun-Li main! :D

You play so different than me though. I'm always moving, always in the air, always kicking. You have real good blocking technique, and do a lot more throws than I do.

Even if you were sloppy at moments, I'm sure nerves were part? How is the energy there? Friendly competetion or intimidating?

Anyway, congrats again man. Good job!

vulva 07.16.2014 02:20 AM

Thanks man. The energy there was mostly positive but obviously as you go further, people want to win more. The dude I played in Winner's finals of my bracket was way in to it and I found out after my match (I was wearing a headset) called his boys over to coach him and to talk trash to me. I didn't hear any of it, though haha. I only found out cause my gf was telling me after.

He was super nice though, for sure, but then I read this on his twitter after:

IFD|TuboWare @TuboWare · Jul 11
I feel good. I can do this.

Win my next match free. In winners finals of my pool against Vulva, a chun li player. I got this. I have to win. I will win.

I'm sorry guys.

I don't really talk trash about people, so I'm happy that my performance spoke for itself instead of relying on trash.

As for play style, my biggest suggestion is to keep her out of the air unless you're dealing with someone jumping in. She sucks at anti-airing, so she's better to meet people air to air. Patience is super important with her. In my last game of winner's finals (which didn't get upped) I was happy to sit back for 60 seconds with the health deficit waiting for him to get impatient, and regain the lead that way. She isn't a comeback character, but at full screen she can chip quite a bit and when it forces someone to finally move, she can punish almost everything.

Toilet & Bowels 07.16.2014 06:33 AM

Played a bit more of Dark Souls 2 at the weekend, I'm finding it too easy, not half as tense and satisfying as the first one.

pony 07.16.2014 09:06 AM

found sims 3 and a bunch of expansion packs at my mum's :O

<3 <3

EVOLghost 07.16.2014 09:40 AM

Vulva good shit.

T&B:that seems to be the general consensus.....DS2 is much easier..

noisereductions 07.16.2014 10:58 AM

I suck at DS2 haha

Toilet & Bowels 07.16.2014 02:28 PM

Roll on Blood Bourne!

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.20.2014 02:16 AM

I've been packing up all of my video games/comics/collectible what-have-you's into storage bins and sticking them in the 'spare bedroom'. It feels totally liberative. I'm keeping my Wii U/PS3/3DS games on a small shelf and that's about it. It feels weird going completely modern, but my collecting nearly swallowed me whole. I was at well over 700 titles overall - most of which I hardly touched. I don't plan to buy any new games for quite a while... okay, maybe Smash Brothers Wii U. But that's it.

EVOLghost 07.20.2014 06:29 AM

:DDDDD JOE!

Hi. :3

noisereductions 07.20.2014 09:12 AM

yeah woah it's Joe again.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.20.2014 02:48 PM

EVOLghost 07.25.2014 12:57 PM

omg I'm the happiest motherfucker right now. Yesterday a new barcade announced they got 3rd strike. But not just any 3s board...the Japanese board in a mohterfucking Japanese candy cabinet. Ball top joystick with sanwa buttons...I'm in love. I'll post a pic in a minute.