Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Goodnight, Sweet Prince - atsonicpark extended remix (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=104778)

Derek 02.05.2014 11:34 PM

Also, nik, Adam has expressed lots of negative opinions about people here to me nearer the end of his posting but he has never said anything negative about you. He always thought you were a creative genius thinker.

dead_battery 02.05.2014 11:34 PM

thanks derek, that makes me feel happy and sad at the same time.

im glad you kept in touch with him and i know he thought very highly of you because he told me so on more than one occasion.

Rob Instigator 02.05.2014 11:35 PM

Goddamn sucks. It always sucks. I am up too late goodnight and everyone be glad when you wake up tomorrow.

floatingslowly 02.05.2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
Is that to me? I love you too buddy

Fuck I've changed. Death has taken a serious toll on me and this will too. I probably sound sappy and sentimental as shit but I've had a hell of a time on this board with you crazy fucks and I really do love and care about each of you

Fuck I'm crying again

yes'm, and although not a great Facebook participant, I've kept up with you and know that it's been hard losing your friend. I hope that scattering his ashes brought you closure. I think you are a wonderfully talented young lady and it gladdens me to read that you are doing better within your own personal life these days. keep at the piano, and take it places.

floatingslowly 02.05.2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead_battery
thanks derek, that makes me feel happy and sad at the same time.

would it help if I called you "cunt"? :)

ILU2 BFF4E, K?

Dead-Air 02.05.2014 11:55 PM

I fucking hate death. I feel bad that I hadn't stayed in better touch with him. He was such a sweet guy and really inspiringly creative. Always fun to chat with, a seemingly infinite well of interesting music to share. I like Robe. a lot more than Scissor Shock, but from the way he described their live shows, I'm sure that's where the SS action was.

Cheers everyone. Many cool people have shared their lives here. I appreciate this group immensely.

floatingslowly 02.05.2014 11:55 PM

I think the thing that strikes me most about this (as a parent) is how hard it must have been for his mother to have a child who is both intelligent and creative. I don't think I need to explain the hard path (of drugs) that boredom can lead to.

as Herr Doom mentioned, I've lost a fair amount of old friends to opiates and hope to never see it happen to any else, especially you pricks.

!@#$%! 02.06.2014 12:04 AM

derek, yeah, i'm like a sponge-- so i was remembering some of the things he wrote here (i never discuss pms.)

this.
and stuff like
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...4&postcount=10
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...84&postcount=5

and yes, i'm sure he embellished, ha ha…. all artists do that, or they aren't artists. novelists straight up make up shit though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yeah, all those were copy and paste.

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...ostcount=16723

Derek 02.06.2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead-Air
I fucking hate death. I feel bad that I hadn't stayed in better touch with him. He was such a sweet guy and really inspiringly creative. Always fun to chat with, a seemingly infinite well of interesting music to share. I like Robe. a lot more than Scissor Shock, but from the way he described their live shows, I'm sure that's where the SS action was.

Cheers everyone. Many cool people have shared their lives here. I appreciate this group immensely.

You shouldn't feel bad that you never kept in better touch with him. He made it incredibly difficult for everyone to speak to him because of his circumstances. I would just have to wait for a soulseek message or a random email from him to have some sort of dialogue. He told me I was the only person he wanted to keep in contact with and even I struggled for awhile to know how he was.

Also Bytor, I'd love to hear the mix he made you. Would you care to upload it at some point?

dead_battery 02.06.2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
would it help if I called you "cunt"? :)

ILU2 BFF4E, K?

i luv u too, robit.

Derek 02.06.2014 12:10 AM

Also, his band mate has been speaking to Adam's mum and he told me that he choked to death on his own vomit. It was not a suicide.

hipster_bebop_junkie 02.06.2014 12:17 AM

I didn't get to interact that much with Adam in a very direct way, but I am so saddened to know he's passed away.

My deepest condolences to all his family and friends. And hugs to all of you.

Everyneurotic 02.06.2014 12:19 AM

This is the artwork for The Mars Travolta / You're All Slime he made me a while back. In the back it says "Hi Marcos, thanks for the support! If you ever need anything, just ask! <3 AC".

Listening to it as I type.

ann ashtray 02.06.2014 01:07 AM

Haven't posted here in a while, but this whole thing was brought to my attention and felt I should say something.

Me and Adam didn't always get along so well. Ultimately, I think that's despite the point. Beyond all the bullshit I think he was an extremely talented kid that could have potentially went on to do a lot of great things in the way of art. Super smart. I realize some of you were really close to him and for you guys I am sorry. Hope all is well all things considered. Love and shit.

-Swa(y)

floatingslowly 02.06.2014 01:17 AM

all of these apparitions are making me feel wistful.

it's a shame it's taken something like this.

SONIC GAIL 02.06.2014 01:30 AM

Death brings old friends together

yall mean more to me than most ppl i physically know

love u all

Moshe 02.06.2014 01:34 AM

this is so sad. rip adam.

stu666 02.06.2014 01:48 AM

Very sad to hear this. RIP Adam.

fugazifan 02.06.2014 02:21 AM

I also haven't been here in at least a year, but wow, so shocked and saddened by this. He was really an inspirational person in that he could really just create whatever he wanted to, whether it be music or films or whatever, he would just do it, budget and technical skill be damned.

I remember we used to have good chats here about a lot of different things, especially our mutual love for the Sun City Girls. It is a bit comforting being back here and seeing the amount of love being poured out to the really incredible person that was Adam Cooley.

Even though I haven't heard from him in years he will really be missed and in my thoughts for a while.

Genteel Death 02.06.2014 02:28 AM

Man, this is so sad. RIP Adam.