Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   hunger strikes (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1685)

schizophrenicroom 05.09.2006 06:07 PM

hunger strikes

you guys ever done this? i've done it once before, and right now i am.

it's kind of easy. seeing ice cream, though, is hard. i probably won't have to go too long, only a few more days.

m^a(t)h 05.09.2006 06:09 PM

what are you doing? fasting?

schizophrenicroom 05.09.2006 06:11 PM

pretty much. i'm taking an immature route to solving a problem by refusing to eat unless a compromise is made.

EMMAh 05.09.2006 06:28 PM

I've gone days without eating, but that's because my stomach is fucked and if I ate I would have just thrown it all back up again.

truncated 05.09.2006 06:50 PM

Schizo, as much as I adore you, hunger strikes are absurd.

For one thing, I don't care who you are - you want to self-destructively deprive yourself of food to the point of death, have at it. This makes you an imbecile, and therefore dispensable anyhow. Your threat of suicide by starvation has no impact on me.

Ghandi can toot his pacificist political horn all he likes, but denying yourself a few cheeseburgers does fuck all to solve international conflict. In fact, it does fuck all besides make you cranky, screw your digestion, and give you bad skin. It's a lovely manifestation of principles and all, but in reality, no one gives a good goddamn about your empty stomach when engaged in economic or political combat. Or grounding you, or taking away your cell phone.

Theory is the forgiving portrait of the hopelessly blemished subject of practice.

nomadicfollower 05.09.2006 06:51 PM

Well done.

finding nobody 05.09.2006 07:40 PM

what are you doing it for?

schizophrenicroom 05.09.2006 07:56 PM

truncated- this is how lame i am, i read this, and automatically went to go get cookie dough ice cream.

it was for the gig in atlanta, finding nobody.

i do things without thinking a lot.

krastian 05.09.2006 08:23 PM

I should probably go one one. Nah, I just need to quit drinking so much damn beer.

wearescientists 05.09.2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truncated
Theory is the forgiving portrait of the hopelessly blemished subject of practice.

awesome quote....I think i'm getting a crush on whoever truncated is. intelligence is so sexy.

btw m^(t)h is my new favorite screen name

Flen flyys 05.10.2006 12:24 AM

Why would this be effective? The subject is so easily manipulated that they will feel it's their fault for your not eating? Sounds like some backfireable shit. I'd like someone to try that on me, I could go longer watching them not eat than they could go not eating. What kind of hunger strike is this...nothing at all, 200, 300, 400 calories a day, any water in there?

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 05.10.2006 12:28 AM

There are much easier ways of manipulating your parents. Hide somewhere until they cry.

truncated 05.10.2006 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
truncated- this is how lame i am, i read this, and automatically went to go get cookie dough ice cream.

Good girl!

Besides, curvy chicks are way hotter.

It would be much more effective to threaten to wreck the car.

finding nobody 05.10.2006 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom

how long did you make it without eating?