Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sonic Youth is dead (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=103638)

Dead-Centaurus 12.09.2013 06:31 PM

Sonic Youth is dead

and everything i was up into is so.

Thurston was a commie (commercial) joke and an industry joker. The rest they´ve just became post-traumatized adults going on their own roads afterbut will carry the sy-stigma (i was in a great great band but..) forever.

You players got all lost in a multimedia cloud and just kept talking bla bla bla of new projects in order to keep up a way of life you were used to, but, the big cheese got raped and everything else is just a consecuence.

I'll better start a new life and leave remains to become forgotten tears.

bye bye Sonic youth

pony 12.09.2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead-Centaurus
the big cheese got raped

got to write this one down in my vocabulary book!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 12.09.2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Thurston was a commie (commercial) joke and an industry joker. The rest they´ve just became post-traumatized adults going on their own roads afterbut will carry the sy-stigma (i was in a great great band but..) forever.

You players got all lost in a multimedia cloud and just kept talking bla bla bla of new projects in order to keep up a way of life you were used to, but, the big cheese got raped and everything else is just a consecuence.

bye bye Sonic youth

Dude, between Body/Head, Thurston solo projects, and Lee and the Dust Sonic Youth is far from dead yo, but suit yourself, you're the one missing out ;)

blunderbuss 12.10.2013 12:00 AM

Welcome to SYG, and thank you for caring enough to post.

greenlight 12.11.2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

bye bye Sonic youth

i totally feel you, hehe. :eek:

Rob Instigator 12.11.2013 10:42 AM

Sonic Youth gave you 30+ years of skronk. They owe you nothing.

Jimi Hendrix gave us barely 7 years of skronk, and we will talk of him forever.

I left my heart in Kim Gordon. I cannot leave.

tesla69 12.11.2013 11:06 AM

actually the parts are whole cheeses on their own and have been for decades.

perhaps a manchego served with apricots

Rob Instigator 12.18.2013 09:22 AM

“I don’t really have a craving to be in a full band again, in a conventional band,” Gordon says. “I’d rather devote my energy to art practice and playing like this. I did the other thing for so long.” - Kim Gordon

!@#$%! 12.18.2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLips
im sure they could agree enough to do a christmas album at some point. just get really fuggin festive. original christmas songs

there is a "christmas tape" somewhere. used to stream from the home page, uh, around 2004?

it included this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7sa1eFGUuI

!@#$%! 12.18.2013 09:39 AM

some people here managed to download the files in spite of chabib's objections. ask around, someone will prolly share w/ you (i don't have them btw).

Rob Instigator 12.18.2013 10:16 AM

Plips, SonicYouth will live as long as we listen.

!@#$%! 12.18.2013 10:30 AM

the OP sucks though. all bitterness and tears.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 12.18.2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLips
Thanks! theres still a ton of sonic youth i havent heard yet that i think is going to do me for the next few years.

That may be an understatement, I've been listening to sonic youth for shit, twenty years now? God, has it been that long already??

Anyway, in all these years there is still a lot of Sonic Youth that even I haven't heard yet, they got enough music out there to explore for a lifetime..

Quote:

i was saying in the introduce yrself thread that i made some cartoons when ween broke up on their forum because i didnt want them to be broken up

Those cartoons kick ass, in fact, if you keep it up I think it can replace Days of Our Sonic Lives as the best recurring SYG segment!!

Quote:

sonic youth isnt the same because infidelity and cheating isnt so reconciliable

Hardly, sonic youth isn't the same because playing in the same band for thirty years can get old..

Quote:

cheers
danny (PLips)

Indeed, welcome to the forum

Rob Instigator 12.19.2013 10:18 AM

How did Bogart find him??? ha!

Rob Instigator 12.19.2013 11:41 AM

Love that cartoon! I remember that one!

Rob Instigator 12.19.2013 11:53 AM

My fave Bugs Bunny moment is when he is riding the rails like a hobo and looks out the railcar door. He immediately ducks and hides, and outside you see a field of rabbits all looking at the train. Bugs Bunny points at them and whispers, "Some of my poorer relations, always looking for a 'touch'."

ha!!!!