Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Favorite Beck Album? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=10835)

sonic sphere 02.27.2007 06:47 AM

one foot in the grave is my favourite-i love the backing vocals by the guy with the really deep voice

cryptowonderdruginvogue 02.27.2007 10:07 AM

a western harvest field by moonlight
golden feelings
banjo story
and then One Foot In The Grave (one i voted for)
etc.etc.etc.

raging_nelly 02.27.2007 10:09 AM

I really like Guero, tho I I am ashamed that I havent heard any of his older stuff... I only have Odelay, Guero and The Information... really wanna get hold of some older stuff tho...

Where should I start?

Danny Himself 02.27.2007 11:00 AM

Mellow Gold, then work backwards.

finding nobody 02.27.2007 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic sphere
one foot in the grave is my favourite-i love the backing vocals by the guy with the really deep voice

That would be Calvin Johnson. He sings in band called Beat Happening. And a buncha others

dazedcola 02.27.2007 01:11 PM

I love OFITG the best. I tend to like beck's more folk side and OFITG is just an amzing collection of songs.Mellow Gold and Stereopathetic Soul Manure have their moments. This reminds me i still need to get odelay.

I feel like Mutations is really underrated. its never talked about but its got some of beck's best songs on there like "nobody's fault but my own" and "lazy flies".

finding nobody 02.27.2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazedcola
I feel like Mutations is really underrated. its never talked about but its got some of beck's best songs on there like "nobody's fault but my own" and "lazy flies".

I really like Cold Brains and Tropicalla

hey alex 02.27.2007 02:15 PM

yes, mutations is quite nice. Is it 'lazy flies' that has that riff that sounds like a zep song? I know there's one.

Danny Himself 02.27.2007 06:23 PM

Mutations is underrated, yes. 'Sing It Again' was written for johnny cash to sing, apparently.

EyeballGrowth 02.27.2007 10:46 PM

Only songs I liked on Guero were Broken Drum and Missing.

The loser single is worth it too. For the song Alcohol, god what a jaw droppingly amazing song. Fume and Corvette bummer are good too. His song " Leave me on the moon " from Kill the Moonlight is one of my favorite Beck songs too

Yea, mutations was pretty decent. I don't like odelay though, I only liked Jackass and Where it's at, that was a pretty weak album. I consider Guero to be Odelay II

timtimtim 02.27.2007 11:02 PM

Does anyone remember when Bob Dylan sort of ripped ona Beck back during the Midnight Vultures buzz. I believe Dylan said something along the lines of Beck tries really hard but no one can pull of as much as Beck tries to do and do it well.

EyeballGrowth 02.28.2007 01:22 AM

Leapin up into the air gettin juiced up Beyond Belief!!

The Mellow Gold videos that were made are some of my favorite music video's ever

krastian 02.28.2007 01:23 AM

How you like me now?
Pretty good, goin' on feelin' strong.

EyeballGrowth 02.28.2007 11:36 PM

Ahhhh yea, my goodness!