Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Jonas Brothers... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=32072)

Trasher02 06.13.2009 06:55 AM

The Jonas Brothers...

... are so gay.

demonrail666 06.13.2009 07:08 AM

I assume they must be absolutely massive in order to get so much hate. That was the first time I'd actually heard them (at least knowingly) and I can't summon any kind of emotion about them either way. Do they have unfathomably controversial private lives? Like are they white supremacists or something?

PAULYBEE2656 06.13.2009 07:13 AM

fuck em!

Glice 06.13.2009 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
I assume they must be absolutely massive in order to get so much hate. That was the first time I'd actually heard them (at least knowingly) and I can't summon any kind of emotion about them either way. Do they have unfathomably controversial private lives? Like are they white supremacists or something?

They supported Avril on her last tour. I assume you were at the bar. They were better than Busted, but still amoung the worst bands I've had the misfortune of seeing. One of them is/ was tapping Miley. Which ranks right near the top of my chart o' bastard.

greedrex 06.13.2009 07:32 AM

iz ghey

demonrail666 06.13.2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
They supported Avril on her last tour. I assume you were at the bar. They were better than Busted, but still amoung the worst bands I've had the misfortune of seeing. One of them is/ was tapping Miley. Which ranks right near the top of my chart o' bastard.

Oh, OK. There were a couple of bands supporting her but I didn't remember much about them.

One of them's juicing Miley ah? Well in that case, fucking horrible band.

Glice 06.13.2009 08:45 AM

I'm actually properly teenage crush in love with Miley at the moment. Did you see her on Johnathon Ross? UNBELIEVABLE. Plus, she's legal, and rich, and clearly goes like a rotter. All sorts of win.

Shifty Prophet 06.13.2009 09:20 AM

Whats all this fuss about the Jonas Bros? Theyre good musicians they write their own material and they do what they love.

I guess its just too bad that they embody most everything that comes to mind about something that doesn't sound good, not just to me but clearly to a world of people that have gone through puberty and listened to enough michael jackson and Prince to form educated opinions.

demonrail666 06.13.2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I'm actually properly teenage crush in love with Miley at the moment. Did you see her on Johnathon Ross? UNBELIEVABLE. Plus, she's legal, and rich, and clearly goes like a rotter. All sorts of win.

I know. It's sort of ridiculous. I mean I absolutely loathe J. Ross but I watched it when she was a guest. I noticed that I needed to remind myself to breath. The only other time I recall that happening was during Rosie's lingerie scene in Coronation Street. And to think that people got so excited watching the moon landing.

The J. Ross interview though. That was definitely when things progressed from I would enjoy sex with that woman to I want to dedicate my every waking hour to making her happy.

Shifty Prophet 06.13.2009 10:15 AM

taking over!

wellcharge 06.13.2009 02:31 PM

you guys should be ashamed of yrselves for spreading rumours that the jonas brothers are having sex, they're against sex before marriage and even wear purity rings to remind themselves of their promise

get the new track feat. common "don't charge me for the crime" it's alot better than deerhunter or sun city girls

Green Magnesium 06.13.2009 02:34 PM

The one in the blue flannel is entirely bangable. I will maintain that till I die.

The other two.... are too gay for me.

Everyneurotic 06.13.2009 04:40 PM

miley is too good for them, the one song where their bodyguard raps is a decent tune, much else has been vapid urine.

miley is too good to be seen with any of them.

evollove 06.13.2009 04:52 PM

I've never heard a Jonas Bros. song and I've never even heard of this Miley person and yes I think I'm better than you because of it.

(not really)

Decayed Rhapsody 06.13.2009 04:59 PM

People write incest fan-fiction about them.

Lady GaGa wants to have a threesome with them, apparently.

Everyneurotic 06.13.2009 05:05 PM

i'm amazed how people who are adults and don't really pay attention to the mainstream are actually offended by the jo bros and/or miley.

Green Magnesium 06.13.2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
Lady GaGa wants to have a threesome with them, apparently.

Which one does she plan on leaving out? :D

While I've never heard of Lady Gaga... I have been subjected to quite a bit of the JBs and Miley, thanks to tiny nieces and nephews. I honestly don't find their stuff offensive in the least. Miley's tunes are actually quite pleasant. Not something I'd ever seek out on my own time, but hardly unbearable.

It beats the hell out of the pap I listened to as a 9 year old. Spice Girls and Hanson? Blech!

max 06.13.2009 05:54 PM

lady gaga is by far the absolute worst piece of shit to ever hit planet earth, closely followed by the stinking shit of berlusconi and his scum - period.

pbradley 06.13.2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i'm amazed how people who are adults and don't really pay attention to the mainstream are actually offended by the jo bros and/or miley.

You don't believe that the Disney Wave is a legitimate excuse to complain?

I don't care, myself, but I can imagine people growing up with Subpop and the like to be offended by such a flagrantly commercial trend. It makes sense to me that the paragon of chaste virtue that is the Disney empire would grab the attention and offend those who grew up with Nirvana.

EVOLghost 06.13.2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
People write incest fan-fiction about them.

wtf....that's just fucking awful.