Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Board members that you miss (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6017)

Inhuman 09.12.2006 02:10 PM

Board members that you miss

-Vodka Goblin
-Sonic Susie
-That "ted" guy that made the rediculous "NaS vs. Bob Dylan" thread

!@#$%! 09.12.2006 02:13 PM

vodka goblin! yes...

pantophobia
jennthebenn (they post rarely)
twistal
naomi
amyvega
redechogirl
nooneproductions
artsygrrrl
doosl
pedro micho before brainwash by cult
and others from the old board whose memory escapes me at this very point

here, dues was pretty good

by the way, where did spank marvin go? is spank marvin = glice? i've suspected it on occasion...

Glice 09.12.2006 02:15 PM

Noumenal is the first one that springs to mind.

I am not Spank Marvin, sorry to ruin your fun.

Inhuman 09.12.2006 02:16 PM

Oh yeah, Pantophobia and noumenal. I only posted on the old board during the last 2 months, so I wasn't familiar with the members

porkmarras 09.12.2006 02:18 PM

artsygrrrl

Hip Priest 09.12.2006 02:21 PM

noumenal and Laila mainly.

!@#$%! 09.12.2006 02:24 PM

noumenal is gone??

oh man. well he was going to be off for the summer but i wasn't counting him out yet.

----

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I am not Spank Marvin, sorry to ruin your fun.

see he was an english grad student in some theoretical humanities discipline, plus the name spank & the fact that you said you were a 'mild masochist' and that you used to have a "rubbish name", well, i put it all together.

what was your old board name if i can ask?

porkmarras 09.12.2006 02:43 PM

Did Pedro Mincho not get a bit pissed off with chabib and left?

!@#$%! 09.12.2006 02:45 PM

pedro used to be this very creative dude who started the "post your art or die!" threads. then he was abducted by the krishnas & went mental. he may have been mental before, but in a good way. then he became just, well, i'll refrain from saying.

porkmarras 09.12.2006 02:48 PM

Yeah,i remember him being a good moderator on that thread but i think when this dump was started he had a slanging much with chabib about making the 'Post your........' a stickied thread and we haven't seen the likes of him ever since.

!@#$%! 09.12.2006 02:50 PM

it's ok. he's probably selling flowers in an airport now.

(now that's a cliche from 80s movies-- does it still happen?)

by the way, talking about absent members, what was the name of the other italian dude, the med student?

pantophobia 09.12.2006 02:51 PM

i lurk more then post, lot has changed in 4 years

naomi barely even lurks here anymore, she has been pulling double shifts at work and band practice, so she has hardly anytime to even be online

amyvega still posts over at kittyradio, i thought amy was gonna be at the brooklyn shows last month but that didn't pan out

Glice 09.12.2006 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
noumenal is gone??

oh man. well he was going to be off for the summer but i wasn't counting him out yet.

----

see he was an english grad student in some theoretical humanities discipline, plus the name spank & the fact that you said you were a 'mild masochist' and that you used to have a "rubbish name", well, i put it all together.

what was your old board name if i can ask?

Screamingbloodyfirechild. Spank Marvin is, comparably, a good name. I was terribly prolific on the old board. I was still right all the time mind.

pantophobia 09.12.2006 02:52 PM

and !@#$%!, i have been meaning to ask for a while, were you at the Cat Power show in dc in March of 2003?

porkmarras 09.12.2006 02:53 PM

Paolino?He appears every now and then.It's more likely that Pedro is pacing up and down Oxford Street with a group of singing Hare Krishnas.

!@#$%! 09.12.2006 02:54 PM

oh no man we no we didn't go i think i saw her first-- YES! i was thrown out of the place. i was drunk & obnoxious. something to do with badly mixed drinks or pharmacological interaction. oh man. i hope you didn't swear to kill me that day.
--
i offer my preventive and belated apologies, just in case.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 09.12.2006 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Priest
noumenal and Laila mainly.

Yeah, definitely.

pantophobia 09.12.2006 03:02 PM

THAT WAS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

i didn't want to kill you, but my friend annie was right next you

i had to think it over after seeing that person, then meeting you, then it clicked, Chan looked pretty annoyed at you, she stuck her tongue out at you,

one line that stood out was while you were yelling for satisfaction, some girl yelled at you to shut the fuck up, and you just yelled back "you're boyfriend is clearly a homosexual", that was brilliant, drunkingly brilliant

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.12.2006 03:05 PM

I sort of, kind of miss Mutant Ape.

Hip Priest 09.12.2006 03:06 PM

Oh, and from the old board...

elmoniac.