Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Shoe thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1235)

Inhuman 04.24.2006 12:04 PM

The Shoe thread

What do you like? What's the most comfortable?

For me, I like Chucks, but there's tonnes of downsides. The price easily outweighs the quality of the shoes, and they usually fall apart rather easily. The inner linings of mine are starting to tear. I like them for fashion, but I'd rather have something that's fashionable as well as had pretty good quality.

marleypumpkin 04.24.2006 12:31 PM

Emerica Emerica Emerica Emerica Emerica Emerica Emerica

FruitLoop 04.24.2006 12:36 PM

I don't give a damn, as long as they fit. I have really difficult feet. Last shoes I bought were 200$ asics cuz they were the only ones I felt comfortable into. Yet all my clothes come from value village!

marleypumpkin 04.24.2006 12:57 PM

Emerica's are 80$. Just a suggestion so you dan't have to keep paying too much for shoes. & they are strictly skate shoes, so, they're made for comfort.

FruitLoop 04.24.2006 01:06 PM

yeah but skate shoes' soles are too often too soft, meaning they'd probably fuck my feet more than they already are. plus I buy my shoes in a rather renowned joggging shop in montreal, so I get good advice. but yeah it'sa bummer that they're so expensive, yet my mother usually pays the bill :)

marleypumpkin 04.24.2006 01:09 PM

Well, as long as she's paying, it's all good.

RockerNino 04.24.2006 01:31 PM

im trying to get a picture, but Golas are great. I got my first pair at a garage sale for $5 brand new. then i got some autralian flag shoelaces, which made them look awesome. i just got a new pair for $50. They last for a bout a a year and a half, and i wore them everywhere. i prefer them to chucks because i hate goin to shows and my feet hurting from chucks. I can even mosh with the Golas. Heres my shoe

http://www.planet-sports.de/images/p...haseblack1.jpg

Trasher02 04.24.2006 01:51 PM

Emerica!
But lately i'm starting to wear allstars

EMMAh 04.24.2006 01:56 PM

I have Chucks, I call them Chuckies though cause they get holes and I sewed them back together.
Hahah they're my favorite shoes, I couldn't throw them away.

Fox 04.24.2006 01:57 PM

I really don't care a lot of what I wear... I prefer buy discs...

marleypumpkin 04.24.2006 02:01 PM

Speaking of long lasting shoes, EMERICA's have lasted for me as long as 3 years. & considering the wear & tear that skate shoes go through, that's pretty damn good.

Inhuman 04.24.2006 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
I have Chucks, I call them Chuckies though cause they get holes and I sewed them back together.
Hahah they're my favorite shoes, I couldn't throw them away.

Hahahaha, nice, I do the same with my chucks with the holes. It looks fashionable. I use white thread so you can easily see the stitching.

nicfit 04.24.2006 02:06 PM

summer=chucks
fall-winter=globe+ethnies
spring=depends
skaters shoes are so comfy....any opinion on DC shoes?
here in italy some of their spots are being aired during this weeks...

Trasher02 04.24.2006 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
Speaking of long lasting shoes, EMERICA's have lasted for me as long as 3 years.

3 years?!? i shredded mine in 8 months!!!

Trasher02 04.24.2006 02:07 PM

DC... buh i dunno it's such a stupid brand. i don't like the models and the skaters on the team are dumbasses.. except for danny way.

Iain 04.24.2006 02:17 PM

I have some imitiation allstars which I got in Shoe Express for £6. They seem to be lasting about as well as actual converse. I also like Dunlop Green Flash. They are pretty cheap. Both the above shoes tend to fall apart within about 6 months though. My Dunlops have been going since January I think and there are holes starting to appear.

ploesj 04.24.2006 02:43 PM

i wear allstars for a while now and they last very good :) i sewed buttons on them, everybody says they look nice.. during the winter i often wear boots, and during the summer just flat open shoes or flipflops

krastian 04.24.2006 03:11 PM

I've only worn either Chucks or One Stars since I was in 6th grade. Yeah I was a little "grunge kid".....still am really!

nomadicfollower 04.24.2006 03:40 PM

I wear Vans. For some reason I've always been a fan of Van's shoes. I have a pair right now I love so much I'm afraid to buy new ones.

Danny Himself 04.24.2006 03:43 PM

I had a pair of Black Chucks for about a year or so until my mom washed them. Now I can't wear them... just... no. So I went out and got some blue suede converse low-tops. They ruled, until I got them covered in mud and they need to be cleaned. Now I have some Nike Tennis shoes which are holding about pretty good.

I like shoeeeees.