Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   When do you think we will hear a track from Rather Ripped? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=83)

mushmanski57@hotmail.com 03.21.2006 09:18 PM

When do you think we will hear a track from Rather Ripped?

Well, I haven't been a SY fan long enough to remember waiting for an album to be released, so..

Do they normally release lead singles from albums? And if so, how soon before the album's release do they usually come out? So basically, when do you think we will be hearing (a) track(s) from Ratehr Ripped?

Пятхъдесят Шест 03.21.2006 09:20 PM

I've already heard some of them, not album versions though. Those mp3's are probably still floating around some where.

Hip Priest 03.21.2006 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushmanski57@hotmail.com
Well, I haven't been a SY fan long enough to remember waiting for an album to be released, so..

Do they normally release lead singles from albums? And if so, how soon before the album's release do they usually come out? So basically, when do you think we will be hearing (a) track(s) from Ratehr Ripped?

There's a live version of Sleeping Around. It's at the vids page. It's the Sonic Mirror film.

doctor dan 03.22.2006 11:43 AM

theres been various versions floating about for a while now. ages ago someone posted links to acoustic versions done by thurston of a couple of songs, including 'do you believe in rapture' and 'or'. that was quite a while ago tho, so i dont think theyll be very representational of what itll sound like.

guitarpro 03.27.2006 08:18 AM

I hope soon

Inhuman 03.27.2006 11:14 AM

Would anybody have those saved by any chance for upload? I'd like to hear them! I'm just mostly anticipated for the tour dates

Soundtrax 03.27.2006 11:56 AM

i think it will be in the matter of 3 months ;)

Inhuman 03.27.2006 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundtrax
i think it will be in the matter of 3 months ;)

Daamnn, at least it keeps the anxiety up.

LifeDistortion 03.27.2006 03:42 PM

They should stream the entire album on thier website just before its released. I think that would be pretty cool.

Inhuman 03.27.2006 03:43 PM

Haha, I'd like that too, but I highly doubt it. Possibly they'll do a few songs, that would be awesome.

finding nobody 03.27.2006 04:51 PM

yes it would. weezer has done that before

schizophrenicroom 03.27.2006 05:13 PM

They'll probably hide it in plain sight on the site for a while, and come out with a few.

Soundtrax 03.27.2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
They should stream the entire album on thier website just before its released. I think that would be pretty cool.

i think they should stream the entire album, but only on the forum, becouse only we are such huge fans that can be trusted not to leak the album outside this forum... pfffa... complicated sentence, is it correct? :D;)

Ich bin gael 03.27.2006 07:53 PM

I'd say within the next 2 or 3 weeks we should hear a single or something.

chabib 03.27.2006 07:55 PM

i heard from a little bird that a new streaming mixed tape is on the agenda.

HaydenAsche 03.27.2006 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chabib
i heard from a little bird that a new streaming mixed tape is on the agenda.

Are you serious? Cyber-sex for all!

rocky 03.27.2006 08:02 PM

!!!
that sounds bitchin', to say the very least.
"rather ripped" has materialized at light speed from my point of view.
when i picked up Nurse it never once crossed my mind that two years later there'd be another completed record!

schizophrenicroom 03.27.2006 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Are you serious? Cyber-sex for all!

Break out the hoez!

top 40 squeeze 03.28.2006 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocky
!!!
that sounds bitchin', to say the very least.
"rather ripped" has materialized at light speed from my point of view.
when i picked up Nurse it never once crossed my mind that two years later there'd be another completed record!

Yeah, sure went by fast too... The've been on a 2 year schedule for awhile... 2 years between 1000 Laves and NYC Ghosts... 2 years between Ghosts and Murray Street... 2 years between Murray Street and Nurse... Now two years between Nurse and Ripped... Now, that's the kind of good, honest, American Dependability we should expect from our rock stars...

Sonic Youth for President.

dietzer123 03.28.2006 01:44 AM

all non-sonic lifers will be placed in camps and incrimentaly raped by us enlightened folks