Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

leakyheadboy 07.27.2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I need to see all the Cremaster films, I've only seen "3: The Order" (like, the last 30 minutes of 3)... it.. was alright. Isn't the whole thing on youtube in shit quality haha..

i just read the synopsis for that... seems pretty cool... let us know if you find it

atsonicpark 07.27.2008 07:53 PM

well I saw a site a while back you can buy them all in bootleg for $20.

i think they're all on youtube though, or they were.

leakyheadboy 07.27.2008 07:54 PM

dandy

schizophrenicroom 07.27.2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripchord

plus Q&A with the cast. I recommend it.

first off: i love your signature.

i really want to see this. the artsy girl hannah seems so adorable.

alex's trip- something about nicolas cage irks me. he comes off like a used car salesman: creepy.

Ripchord 07.27.2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
first off: i love your signature.

i really want to see this. the artsy girl hannah seems so adorable.

Thank you!

She was my favorite. And she was supposed to be at the Q&A but couldn't make it. :(

schizophrenicroom 07.27.2008 08:48 PM

i heard she's already getting job and film offers and all sorts of really good possible moves. that makes me so happy.

Ripchord 07.27.2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i heard she's already getting job and film offers and all sorts of really good possible moves. that makes me so happy.

Yeah, I mean, she's STUDYING film so the movie is helping her quite a bit. Her friends said that she wanted to work more in editing but if a good acting job is offered she'll take it.

Sonic Youth 37 07.27.2008 11:04 PM

Watching it right now.

Silent Dan Speaks 07.28.2008 01:51 AM

I had a back-to-back of Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2. I shouldn't have to explain how fucking awesome these movies are.

mil_pl 07.28.2008 04:36 AM

wasn't so bad, 6/10

mil_pl 07.28.2008 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
It was good. I've seen it a couple times

so I'll watch it.

nicfit 07.28.2008 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Dan Speaks
I had a back-to-back of Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2. I shouldn't have to explain how fucking awesome these movies are.

No AOD?

acousticrock87 07.28.2008 05:53 AM

I once watched ED, ED2, and AOD back-to-back with some friends. Everyone agreed that by the time we got 20 min. into AOD, it was just getting boring. I think I was the only one who stayed awake the entire time. AOD is relatively dull; even in the right mindset.

But ED is one of my favorite movies ever. I think I've seen it more times than any other movie.

candymoan 07.28.2008 06:32 AM

no, they dont make movies like *evil dead* anymore...
recently tried to watch *pathology*
what a load of bullcrap..

where's bruce campbell when you need him?

nicfit 07.28.2008 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candymoan
where's bruce campbell when you need him?

cameoing (?) in crappy spider man movies :D!

atsonicpark 07.28.2008 07:14 AM

my name is bruce looks great.

chemicalromance 07.28.2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I don't have any major qualms with this statement except to say that Lynch's camera work is very, very good. It might not seem pricey, and it might not actually be pricey, but he's very, very good.

Thanks for clearing that up. My original comment should have been more clearer. I love Lynch's camera work but I don't think he will be remembered int this area. That says more about his brilliant stories than his camera work.

I see evollove has fled the conversation. ;)

Derek 07.28.2008 11:23 AM

Cabin Fever - 2/10

I just ordered Scanners, Naked Lunch (seen it though), Zombi 2 and Tetsuo: The Iron Man

evollove 07.28.2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chemicalromance
Thanks for clearing that up. My original comment should have been more clearer. I love Lynch's camera work but I don't think he will be remembered int this area. That says more about his brilliant stories than his camera work.

I see evollove has fled the conversation. ;)

Wouldn't life suck if we all agreed on everything? By the way, Lynch's cameraman on the film, Frederick Elmes, is generally considered one of the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chemicalromance
Who died and made you David Lynch? The fact is, you have no better idea than me about the meaning and substance/style of the movie.

The movie had depth to it's characters. It also had humour, intelligence and suspense. The movie did not rely on special effects or breath taking camera work.

Hm. Only David Lynch knows about the substance of the movie? Then how do you know it has any? You're saying: I don't know but I know. A is not A.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
evollove - Blue Velvet is both style AND substance. Lynch is obviously in love with the 50's "White Picket" culture, but can "read" the wrongness behind that, in me opinion.

Yes. Behind every white picket fence is some gas-huffing psycho. Got it.;)

viewtiful_alan 07.28.2008 01:00 PM

Is drillbit taylor even amusing? I'm thinking about renting it tonight but am understandably hesitant