Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   A little music test (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=5140)

porkmarras 08.15.2006 05:54 AM

A little music test

how many of this bands/artists do you know?
A HouseADD N TO XAdrain Smith & The UntouchablesAdventures (The)Alabama 3Alex PatersonAmazuluAmoeba AssassinsAndrew WeatherallAndy Sheppardplayed in Sphere as well as soloAndy Smith (Portishead)Asian Dub FoundationAuteure (The)Baby BirdBaby ChaosBand of Holy Joy (The)BanderasBang Bang MachineBardots (The)Barenaked Ladies (The)Bark PsychosisBass-O-MaticBedazzledBeverley CravenBeverly KnightBible (The)BirdlandBivouacBjorn AgainBlab HappyBlack RootsBlack Star LinerBlack Velvet BandBlancmangeBleachBlessed EthelBlessing (The)BlinkBloomsdayBlow Monkeys (The)BlurBoo HewardineBrain KenedyBrilliant CornersBronte BrothersBule Aeroplanes (The)Cactus RainCandy Skins (The)CandylandCarl CoxCastCatatoniaPlayed here on the 11th of jan 1996.Cerys Matthews use to busk in Cardiff where she got together with mark and catatonia was born. Cath CoffeyCatherine WheelChapterhouseChikinki2003/2004Purr promotionsChildren of DubChina CrisisClaytown TroupeClint BoonCoati MundiColorblind James ExperienceComanchee ParkCooper Temple Clause theCoutney PineCrazyheadCropdustersCudCure (The)28th July 1983Warm-up gig for the Elephant FairCuriosoty Killed the CatCutmaster Swift (World DJ Champ 1989)Cutting Crew (The)DadaDaisy ChainsawDamian Rice2004Porter cellar barDamned (The)David Devant and his Spirit WifeDavid GrayDavid Gray, born in Manchester, was to become one of the best singer-songwriter of the 21th century.Deacon BlueDead Can DanceDel' AmitriDes'reeDick Hecksall-SmithDiesel Park WestDirtbombs2004DJ Dopey (world DJ Champ 2002)Doctor and the MedicsDodgyDr RobertDust JunkiesDylans (The)EatEcho BellyEd KuepperEddi ReaderEditors2005ElasticaEMFEngine AlleyEuropeans (The)Eurythmics (The)Everything But The GirlFad GadgetFamily GotownFat Lady Sings (The)Fatima MansionsFeltFields of the NephilimFive ThirtyFlowered UpFMBForeign BeggarsFour Brothers (The)Frank ChickensFrazier ChorusFreakpowerFrenteFret BlanketFun'Da'MentalFurnitureGadriellePlayed here on the 8th & 9th of June 1999Gabrielle is an award winning female singer-somgwriter. Gary ClailGeno WashingtonGo-betweens (The)God Machine (The)Gold BladeGoya DressGreen on RedGroove DetectiveHeart Throbs (The)Heaven West ElevenHigh (The)Higher Intelligence AgencyHollow Men (The)Holly Golightly2004Purr promotionsHonkyHorseHothouse FlowersHouse of LoveHousemartinsHoward JonesHowlin Wilf and the Vee-JaysIan Mc NabbInnes Sibun Blues ExplosionIntastellaInto ParadiseIt BitesJ.JJamesJames Rays GangwarJames Taylor QuartetJane SiberryJason RebelloJazz ButcherJC001JehJehst2004Stonegruve SocialJellyfishJennifersJesus JonesJimmy Katumba & The EboniesJJ 72played on ping pong nightJo BoxersJohn Cooper ClarkeJohn EtheridgeJohn OtwayJonathan RichmondJustin Robertson2004Kamanchi SlyKenikie KingKeziah JonesKing CimsonKingmakerKinky MachineKitchens of DistinctionKlashnekoffKula ShakerLarks (The)La's (The)Lemon GrassLes Negresses VertesLiac Time (The)LinoleumLondon BeatLost Soul BandLovecraftLupine HowlLushMagmapopManic Street PreachersMansunMarcella DetroitMarillion12 December 1990The recorded most of a live album at this gigMassive AttackMC TunesMega City 4MerzMicrodisneyMicrogrooveMidway StillMighty Lemondrops (The)Mike Peters & tHe PoetsMillion DanMilltown Brithers (The)Mint 400Miranda Sex GardenMiss WorldMock Turtles (The)Molly Half HeadMolokoMy VitriolMystroNan VernonNatural LifeNautical WilliamNeds Atomic DustbinNo ManOasisPlayed just prior to their hit singleOcean Colour SceneOil ExpertsOne DoveOui 3Pale SaintsParis AngelsPatricia MorrisonPaul JohnsonPelePere UbuPeter HammillPhrancPJ HarveyPookaPopinjays (The)Power of Dreams (The)Primal ScreamPrimitives (The)Proclaimers(The)PropellorheadsPulpRadioheadRa ilway Children (The)Real People (The)Red Lorry Yellow LorryReefRemmy OngalaRevoloutionary Dub WarriorsRevolverRichard and Linda ThompsonRiver City PeopleRoachfordRob Da Bank2004MetripilosRobert FrippRockingbirds (The)Rodney PRootjooseRoy HarperRuff Ruff & ReadyRuthless Rap AssassinsS*M*A*S*HSam BrownSanta CruzScorpio RisingSeers (The)Senation (Ex Soul Family Senatio)Senseless ThingsSensitizeShakespear's SisterShamen (The)Shed 7ShriekbackSix by SevenSkinnymanSkunk AnansieSleeperSlow Bongo FloydSmiths (The)Snapdragons (The)Sneaker PimpsSnow Patrol2004SodaSoup Dragons (The)SpiritualizedSpitfireSquarepusherStar ClubStarjuiceStereolabStrangeloveStrawStrawberry SwitchbladeSuedeSultans of PingSundays (The)SunshotSupergrassSurreal MadridSuzanne RhatiganSway2004Mobo winners currently number 15 in current charts january 2006SweetmouthSwervedriverSymposiumTabitha ZuTansadsTasmin ArcherTears For FearsTerry HallThe Coral2004While recording in the moles studio two of the Coral James and Nick did a one off Gig in the Porter Cellar bar with Adrien Utley portishead on guitarThe DearsThe Delays20042004The Killers2004The Mutts2004the Open2004Thirteen Senses2004/2005Thompson Twins (The)Thousand Yard StareThrumTimbuk 3Tiny MonroeTom RobinsonTori AmosToyah WilcoxT'PauTragically Hip (The)Trashcan SinatrasTravisTriffids (The)TyU K SubsUltramarineUltrasoundUnderground LoversUrban SpeciesVic ChestnutVoice of the Beehive (The)Weather Prophets(The)Wedding PresentWhiteoutWhycliffeBorn into a music-loving family of 12, his parents encouraged him to sing in the pentecostal choirs in his youth. Scored a hit in '91' with Roughside.Wild Willy BarrettWooden Tops (The)World PartyYounger Younger 28sYungun

Pookie 08.15.2006 05:55 AM

All of them.

porkmarras 08.15.2006 05:56 AM

I bet that you own some Alabama 3 records,spookie!

Trasher02 08.15.2006 05:57 AM

I know lots but certainnly not all of them.

Pookie 08.15.2006 05:58 AM

Is this your record collection?

porkmarras 08.15.2006 05:58 AM

What,have you never heard Thousand yard stare?you don't know what you're missing mate!

porkmarras 08.15.2006 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
Is this your record collection?

My record collection is a mutating organism that at one point or another included or includes some of the records by quite a few of the bands/artists above.

Pookie 08.15.2006 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
My record collection is a mutating organism that at one point or another included or includes some of the records by quite a few of the bands/artists above.

Not Cud surely?

alyasa 08.15.2006 06:06 AM

Fatima Mansions? Felt Field of the Nephilim? Those two sound interesting...
EDIT: Slow Bongo Floyd sounds cool too...

porkmarras 08.15.2006 06:06 AM

At one point i had one of their singles.It must have been really shite because:
1)I don't recall what it sounded like
2)I don't know its whereabouts.

porkmarras 08.15.2006 06:08 AM

Field of the Nephilim?

I was forced listening to them recently by a polish friend.It didn't do me any harm but i could have avoided them without trouble.It could have been worse.It could have been Comsat Angels.

Pookie 08.15.2006 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alyasa
Fatima Mansions? Felt Field of the Nephilim? Those two sound interesting...

Fatima Mansions formed by Microdisney's Cathal Coughlan. Most interesting thing about them is the name.

Felt, dire indie band who made one good record (Primitive Painters)

Fields of the Nephilim. Dire goth band from the 80's.

alyasa 08.15.2006 06:09 AM

Hmmm... Names do not a band maketh...

porkmarras 08.15.2006 06:10 AM

And what about Kitchen of Distinction?What about them,eh?

sonicl 08.15.2006 06:10 AM

I've seen 20 of them.

Alex Paterson
Blur
Blue Aeroplanes (The)
Crazyhead
Cropdusters
Cure (The)
Damned (The)
Deacon Blue
Doctor and the Medics
Elastica
Fields of the Nephilim
Hothouse Flowers
House of Love
Mike Peters & tHe Poets
Neds Atomic Dustbin
Pere Ubu
Primal Scream
Primitives (The)
Spiritualized
Toyah Wilcox
Voice of the Beehive (The)

And Pookie, if you've really heard of The Cropdusters, you're a very lucky man.

alyasa 08.15.2006 06:11 AM

Quote:

And what about Kitchen of Distinction?What about them,eh?

They must be cooking connivingly...

Pookie 08.15.2006 06:11 AM

Quote:

Field of the Nephilim?

I was forced listening to them recently by a polish friend.It didn't do me any harm but i could have avoided them without trouble.It could have been worse.It could have been Comsat Angels...

...or Gene Loves Jezebel.

porkmarras 08.15.2006 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
...or Gene Loves Jezebel.

Oh dear.

sonicl 08.15.2006 06:12 AM

Gene Loves Jezebel were brilliant before they went to America.

alyasa 08.15.2006 06:13 AM

What about Wild Willy Barrett?