Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   trip albums (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=34858)

krastian 09.22.2009 09:39 PM

just about anything, really

atsonicpark 09.22.2009 09:40 PM

Yeah.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.22.2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian

the best music I ever tripped on was the sound of the desert wind in the absolute silence of a moon-less night in the wilderness.

krastian 09.22.2009 09:42 PM

YES!!

demonrail666 09.22.2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
the best music I ever tripped on was the sound of the desert wind in the absolute silence of a moon-less night in the wilderness.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.22.2009 09:52 PM

demonrail666 09.22.2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by me.
Broadccast and The Focus Group - Investigate Witch Cults of the Radio Age

Not listened to the whole LP, nor on acid either,but it sounds good tho.....

Amazing stuff. I was just recently introduced to that album and absolutely love it.

Trasher02 09.23.2009 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian

No, a buddy of mine always wants to turn on that goa shit and it ruins my trip each time.

rossboss 09.23.2009 06:26 AM

SYRFox 09.23.2009 07:15 AM

I don't do drugs, but yeah as Nefeli said I'd probably put on some Double Leopards. Or Black Dice's Load Blown, Eric Copeland's Hermaphrodite, something like that

Sonic Youth Gossip 09.23.2009 07:21 AM

sometimes i'm up for something really trippy, like dj shdaow, autechre, aphex twin, boards of canada.

actually definately boards of canada. as far as i'm concerned, that's the closest thing your ipod can get to being on acid lol

other times i'm like "fuck it throw on whatever", ended up listening to dangerdoom last time. MF doom is the goofiest guy ever, his lyrics were totally cracking me up. also listened to aquemini and atliens by outkast last time when i was coming down, this was a really awesome experience. outkast are just fantastic, miles ahead of so much other bullshit out there. andre is one of my idols.

Satan 09.23.2009 07:27 AM

anything i like to listen to normally

people put too many like, restrictions or rules on tripping, like i have to have THIS music and i can't look in the mirror and blah blah

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
and

fucking a. yes.

atsonicpark 09.23.2009 07:30 AM

Yeah I just put on autechre and harry partch last night and it was earthshattering.

Sonic Youth Gossip 09.23.2009 07:36 AM

is that why you bumped the autechre thread?

Satan 09.23.2009 07:38 AM

you know what other game is really awesome tripping is anything super mario related (super mario sunshine, mario 64, super mario bros, mario kart 64)

RAINBOW ROAD

atsonicpark 09.23.2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth Gossip
is that why you bumped the autechre thread?

Yes.

Second time I tripped was to Untilted (first time was to Oval - 94 Diskont). I had it playing simultaneously on 5 different stereos (well.. 2 stereos.. 2 computers.. and one ps2 hooked to a tv). Yes, I burned 5 different copies of it and tried to get them to play all at the exact same time, with the help of friends. In a mansion in the woods, in complete darkness. FULL BLAST. At 3 AM. At some point we broke out a strobe light and set up trampolines.

So, Autechre has always had a special place in my trip history...

the big quasar 09.23.2009 07:58 AM

at a festival it goes with absolutely everything but at home chillin with headphones, The Doors or DJ Shadow's mellower stuff come to mind.

Waiting for the Sun or Midnight in a Perfect World

Sonic Youth Gossip 09.23.2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yes.

Second time I tripped was to Untilted (first time was to Oval - 94 Diskont). I had it playing simultaneously on 5 different stereos (well.. 2 stereos.. 2 computers.. and one ps2 hooked to a tv). Yes, I burned 5 different copies of it and tried to get them to play all at the exact same time, with the help of friends. In a mansion in the woods, in complete darkness. FULL BLAST. At 3 AM. At some point we broke out a strobe light and set up trampolines.

So, Autechre has always had a special place in my trip history...

dude that's fucking awesome! how did you manage to do that while fried? we had trouble ordering pizza or changing tracks on an ipod, no way we could sync up 5 cds

Keeping It Simple 09.23.2009 08:08 AM

Only mugs take drugs.

atsonicpark 09.23.2009 08:08 AM

Well me and one of my friends was the only one tripping, there were more people just drinking and partying that helped with that experiment, most were into the music but went along with it anyway.