Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SY as an opener (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=694)

guitarpro 04.07.2006 01:34 PM

SY as an opener

How long do you think they will play when opening for Pearl Jam?

Trasher02 04.07.2006 01:37 PM

Pfff pearl jam should be opening for them

guitarpro 04.07.2006 02:41 PM

I agree

krastian 04.07.2006 02:53 PM

Maybe 45-50 minutes???

guitarpro 04.07.2006 03:15 PM

I hope they at least go an hour

guitarpro 04.07.2006 03:17 PM

Also what do you think their set wil be like? I'm thinking mostly new stuff maybe one or two things from Nurse and one old tune near the end of the set. What do all of you think?

Rob Instigator 04.07.2006 03:27 PM

It will likely be 45-55 minutes.
and I can guarantee you that like the tour with Neil Young, only a few people will dig it, although I am sure it will be like 20% more than the ones who dug them during the neil young tour.
pearl jam is classsic rock. their fans, a lot of them, are classic rock people. sonic youth destroys everything they hold dear

thank you sonic youth

Sn@ke 04.07.2006 03:34 PM

again:

...Fuck Pearl Jam...

krastian 04.07.2006 03:36 PM

Yeah, it'll probably be mostly new stuff with maybe 3 old goodies thrown in. Like Rob said, most people will not be into SY there. When they toured with PJ in 2000 I was there for both bands, but SY didn't play because it was when Kim's mom was in an accident or something. Everyone cheered when they announced that Kim and Thurston had to leave (fucking idiots). But Steve and Lee played with Eddie a little bit during soundchecks and whatnot. They played Parting Ways which was amazing.......

SugarLips 04.08.2006 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
Yeah, it'll probably be mostly new stuff with maybe 3 old goodies thrown in. Like Rob said, most people will not be into SY there. When they toured with PJ in 2000 I was there for both bands, but SY didn't play because it was when Kim's mom was in an accident or something. Everyone cheered when they announced that Kim and Thurston had to leave (fucking idiots). But Steve and Lee played with Eddie a little bit during soundchecks and whatnot. They played Parting Ways which was amazing.......

I'm not surprised there'd be a bunch of asswipes at the "Parljam" show...
I would love to see SY in a big venue like the Forum or MGM Grand, but what a buzz kill to be around people who are going to be yakking and making noise during the show.. I'm spoiled, I love the smaller shows where everyone is grooving to the jams, TM joking with the crowd.

as for the set, I guessing an hour max, newer stuff with a little of the old mixed in.. :)

Alex's Trip 04.08.2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
pearl jam is classsic rock.

:confused: What are you talking about?

noisemachine 04.08.2006 02:20 PM

I just found out that the Santa Barbara Bowl is going to be one of the dates SY is opening on. Im excited and I REALLY want to go for SY. I enjoy some of Pearl Jam to some extent but they would definitely be secondary for me. Im just concerned about the price...

Oh, and is anybody else by chance wanting to go to this show? The Pearl Jam site said tix would go on sale for it today at 10, but I havent seen anything for it yet.

fullchromelogic 04.08.2006 02:46 PM

shenanagans.

FUCK YOU PEARL JAM :fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou::fuckyou: