Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   von sudenfed (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=13042)

PAULYBEE2656 05.09.2007 08:53 AM

von sudenfed

anyone heard this yet?

mouse on mars and mark e smith in proper collabaration...
an album of the year??????? maybe

this months wire coverstars with funny interview where mark slags off james murphy (lcd soundsystem) for ripping im off "he's from fuckin new york, or new jersey".........................................

sonicl 05.09.2007 08:56 AM

I've heard the track that's on that Wire cover CD. I like.

PAULYBEE2656 05.09.2007 08:58 AM

one of the many gems on the album....

strictlycommercial 05.09.2007 09:02 AM

Quality video too; Fledermaus Can't Get It. Suppose you can't go too far wrong with transvestites...

The Usher 05.09.2007 03:04 PM

Yep, downloaded it yesterday, and I'm totally blow away by it, fuckin amazing! I've been listening to it non stop, I can't recommend it enough!

Iain 05.09.2007 03:10 PM

I heard the track on the Wire cd as well and it sort of washed over me a bit.

On that note, does anyone think that those Wire cover cds always seem to cover the same sort of thing? Something I can't quite put my finger on but they do seem to concentrate on 'nice' electronica-ish things. They usually wash over me and I wish that they would grab my attention more often.

The Usher 05.09.2007 03:19 PM

Never hear the wire CD's, but if the Sudenfeld track washed over you then that's sad, I really urge you to listen again, it's totally amazing in my opinion...

Glice 05.09.2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iain
I heard the track on the Wire cd as well and it sort of washed over me a bit.

On that note, does anyone think that those Wire cover cds always seem to cover the same sort of thing? Something I can't quite put my finger on but they do seem to concentrate on 'nice' electronica-ish things. They usually wash over me and I wish that they would grab my attention more often.

I find this. I also find that if one leaves it a year or two and then listens to loads of Wire compilations in a day, it's much better.

Haven't heard the Von Sudenfed thing yet as my Wire freebie jobby was left in a house that isn't this one, where I live. I'm sure it's good, I'll probably end up buying the album on spec (such is my impulsive nature).

Toilet & Bowels 05.09.2007 08:41 PM

someone told me that to be on one of those wire cover CDs you have to be asked by the wire and then you have to stump up £800 for the privelige.

jon boy 05.10.2007 03:55 AM

that wouldnt suprise me.

have heard it also on said cd and i did like it but at the same time i just thought meh and put it on the pile of probably listen to later things (a huge pile growing daily).

Iain 05.10.2007 05:23 AM

I don't know if you have to be asked by the Wire but you do have to pay. I heard it was £500 though.

Glice 05.10.2007 12:11 PM

I've a feeling that you're thinking of the Resonance compilations, which are a donation-to-the-station jobby.

However, given that it's often pretty arse electronica on there, the case is strong for the 'pay for Wire' jobby. Is this why Ben what'shisface the Marxist left?

Iain 05.10.2007 12:19 PM

You definitely have to pay because I know someone who was on one of those Wire comps and his label payed.

Toilet & Bowels 05.10.2007 03:23 PM

i heard ben watson left the wire because they put keiji haino on the cover, and then he came back, and then he left again for some equally ridiculous reason anyway. from what i remember he was a shit writer, totally unable to differentiate the world from the lining of his anus.

Iain 05.10.2007 07:41 PM

He was the 'heckler of haino' wasn't he?

Toilet & Bowels 05.10.2007 07:44 PM

Quote:

indeed he was, indeed he was.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 05.10.2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
I've heard the track that's on that Wire cover CD. I like.

What Wire song did they cover?

o o o 05.11.2007 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
funny interview where mark slags off james murphy (lcd soundsystem) for ripping im off "he's from fuckin new york, or new jersey".........................................

i liked the part where mark e. smith says he went to a shop and the song "losing my edge" was being played, and he shouts at the guy from the shop "are you taking the piss? this sounds just like me!"… and the other guy doesn’t know how to react, he obviously hasn’t recognized mark e. smith…

Quote:

what sort of heckling did he do?

Iain 05.11.2007 04:26 AM

Something along the lines of "shit, your shit Haino. You can't play. Everyone's bored"

Something like that. He was ushered out.

sarramkrop 05.11.2007 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656

anyone heard this yet?

mouse on mars and mark e smith in proper collabaration...
an album of the year??????? maybe

this months wire coverstars with funny interview where mark slags off james murphy (lcd soundsystem) for ripping im off "he's from fuckin new york, or new jersey".........................................

I haven't had the time to listen to it properly, but thanks for upping it.