Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Ten Day Countdown To The Eternal For Us Who Patiently Wait. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=31669)

Skuj 05.30.2009 12:34 PM

The Ten Day Countdown To The Eternal For Us Who Patiently Wait.

Yep. 10 days.

joe11121 05.30.2009 11:21 PM

You're going to be so happy when the time comes. It is a fantastic album

Skuj 05.31.2009 10:13 AM

Can't wait! I love what I've heard so far - Jools and the download of Trickster.

9 days then.

I'll detail my picking it up, unwrapping of it, smelling it, tasting it, first impressions of the sound of it etc etc when it comes. Cus I know you all want that.

viewtiful_alan 05.31.2009 11:53 AM

I'm gonna wait and listen to it on vinyl. Especially since I paid alot for the vinyl pre-order.

This Is Not Here 05.31.2009 12:17 PM

I'm with you all the way kids. I can't wait. I beleive the official release date is Tues 9th, but Amazon start to sell in June 8th, so if I buy an LP and CD copy it should be with me the morning of the release date. Hmmm...

summer 05.31.2009 12:26 PM

Man you all make no damn sense. It isn't like the leak was illegal, there are no morals to be upheld here or something. You missed out on hearing something two months ago for nothing. Why

Dead-Air 05.31.2009 12:56 PM

I would have bought the pre-order and done the stream if I could have afforded it in time, but was forced to wait. Cool enough, I bought my tickets for 7/28 in Portland and will buy the album the day it hits the stores.

lol 05.31.2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summer
Man you all make no damn sense. It isn't like the leak was illegal, there are no morals to be upheld here or something. You missed out on hearing something two months ago for nothing. Why

well, its not like everyone waiting for the physical release is 'illegal leak vs legal leak". maybe they don't want their first listen to be a 128kbps web stream and would rather it be on vinyl?

sarramkrop 05.31.2009 04:32 PM

I've never download a SY album leak before, but I did download this one. Sorry, but I almost had no hope they'd put a decent record out again.

joe11121 05.31.2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I've never download a SY album leak before, but I did download this one. Sorry, but I almost had no hope they'd put a decent record out again.

Were you pleasantly surprised?

sarramkrop 05.31.2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe11121
Were you pleasantly surprised?

Totally.

joe11121 05.31.2009 04:36 PM

That's good.

al shabbray 05.31.2009 05:09 PM

great great great
I managed to heard nothing except the live versions in düsseldorf, and they were great!

summer 05.31.2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lol
well, its not like everyone waiting for the physical release is 'illegal leak vs legal leak". maybe they don't want their first listen to be a 128kbps web stream and would rather it be on vinyl?

I can understand the first point, but the second? That's lame. Vinyl isn't any better than a CD.

Sonic Youth 37 05.31.2009 11:04 PM

I'm actually not looking forward to it so much because I was a dumb shit and preordered at a store and now I'm a 400 mile round trip from it.

This Is Not Here 05.31.2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

I have no interest in hearing my first new-release Sonic Youth album as a fan staring at my computer screen. I want to unwrap the record, look at the packaging, whack it on the record player, turn the lights off, lie on my bed and enjoy the music and the 'ceremony' and event of listening too it.

Skuj 06.01.2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Jealous!

Fuck leaks. I want my cd and artwork and all that.

Skuj 06.01.2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
I have no interest in hearing my first new-release Sonic Youth album as a fan staring at my computer screen. I want to unwrap the record, look at the packaging, whack it on the record player, turn the lights off, lie on my bed and enjoy the music and the 'ceremony' and event of listening too it.

You said it much better than I did above. :o

Skuj 06.01.2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
this is stupid....

if ya downloaded the leak, AWESOME! i did...all it means to me is that i got to hear the album before people that didnt. i got to excited and waiting wasnt worth it....

I lolled at all the "It's only fucking XXXkb" threads.

ZEROpumpkins 06.01.2009 01:48 AM

It's gonna be sweet the day I get home and crack open that cd to feast on the inner juices.