Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Buy THE FUCK out of some albums (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=31537)

Glice 05.25.2009 03:24 PM

Buy THE FUCK out of some albums

Right - there's a new Team Brick album Available here. It's his first proper release (he's done oodles of CDrs and shit though). It'll probably flip the switches of people who like albums that don't quite sit in any particular genre. I've been listening to it for a few weeks and it's DOUBLE AWESOMEST. It features roughly every musician in Bristol and is on one of Portishead's label.

In summary - reasons you should BUY it (not download it) are:
- he could really use the money.
- it is awesome and it's better to own physical copies of awesome things.

Also, the Thought Forms CD is available from the same site. One of Thought Forms post here and is SO AWESOME that she hasn't even bigged up her own album. And they're like single most attractive guitar band ever. And you'll like it if you like guitars and noise but not noise guitar and maybe post-rock but more Loop than Godspeed or some shit.

_slavo_ 05.25.2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice

Also, the Thought Forms CD is available from the same site. One of Thought Forms post here and is SO AWESOME that she hasn't even bigged up her own album.

who?

Glice 05.25.2009 03:45 PM

Maybe I'll build the suspense a little by not telling you. That sounds like fun, innit?

_slavo_ 05.25.2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
Maybe I'll build the suspense a little by not telling you. That sounds like fun, innit?

erm...no? yes?

it might be either Charlie Romijn or Deej Dhariwal (which I highly doubt) or Guy Metcalfe (which is a bloke).

Glice 05.25.2009 03:58 PM

Ah. You've done a modicum of research. Skills. Deej is a fella's name, in this instance. Charlie.

That game was a bit shit really.

ANYWAY. BUY THE FUCK OUT OF THESE ALBUMS.

nicfit 05.25.2009 04:05 PM

charlie and I are supposed to get married with paik providing the soundtrack.
Unlikely, but I'll definitely check their (TF's, not paik's) new album. Thanks for the heads up Glice.

nicfit 05.28.2009 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie
unlikely?

you're breaking my heart man.
I'm gonna have to fucking call Paik and cancel? what are they gonna say?

uuuuh!!
no no, the unlikeliness resides in the slim chance of having them tour outside US... :(
Let's get married in Vegas, then.
To make up for the heartbreak, be advised I ordered my copy of the album, so we won't fight over it in case of divorce.
ahah.
I'm not much confident in my english today...

Glice 05.28.2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie
aw thanks YOU!

I second the fact that the Team Brick album is DOUBLE AWESOMEST
I couldn't stop (physically couldn't) listening to it for a very long time.
HE IS AMAZING.

Are you on it? I haven't been given the packaged version yet, he gave me a CDr version. Are you perhaps singing about ratios?

I haven't actually got 'the Forms' (as you shall hitherto be known) album yet as I've just schmucked a cunt on a Parmegiani boxset, but I DOUBLEFUCKING will soon.

Glice 05.28.2009 12:44 PM

I'm a hideously off violin, a legion or so buried.

That's a really fucking good scream. As the man himself said, it goes on just a little bit too long.

Glice 06.05.2009 12:36 PM

Bumping. It's Friday, I'm feeling generous.

stu666 10.24.2011 02:09 AM

on dime...

Thought Forms 2011-10-12 Chicago SUPPORTING PORTISHEAD [Ambient/drone Psychedelic from Bristol] by lunar

Glice 10.24.2011 04:00 AM

You should probably get this. I swapped it for an awful Thurston Moore solo record which I was glad to see the back of. THAT'S how awesome Thought Forms are. I'm looking forward to their second record which is coming soon (right?)

http://invadarecords.bigcartel.com/p...ltd-250-copies

pokkeherrie 10.24.2011 10:27 AM

^^Which TM record? Because I could think of plenty of his records that I'd happily trade for a Thought Forms picture disc... and I REALLY don't like picture discs.

Anyway, this is probably a good thread to say that I really enjoyed Thought Forms in Tilburg last month... so hurray for charlie, etc.

Glice 10.24.2011 11:52 AM

It was the vinyl version of Root - nice idea, but I didn't really think anyone did anything great with it - Empire, Bailey and Coxon (!) aside.

pokkeherrie 10.26.2011 02:26 AM

Ah yes, that one is awful... I think. I can't remember what it sounds like.