Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Damn you Ohio! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=20214)

gmku 03.05.2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i prefer his wife. though she mutated afterwards.

Not saying I'm attracted to JFK or anything. Ahem. Just saying he has sort of that classic magazine handsomeness, especially for his day. Not as striking as, say, Cary Grant, but nevertheless, not ugly.

Rob Instigator 03.05.2008 11:55 AM

if you think who the president is does not really matter think about how this country ad the world was when clinton was president a sopposed to the shambles we find ourselves in after 8 years of this ignorant presidnt and his crony administration.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 03.05.2008 11:56 AM

Ohio was the state that won Bush the election.

Rob Instigator 03.05.2008 11:57 AM

Rob Instigator 03.05.2008 11:57 AM

atari 2600 03.05.2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

at any rate, the only duh-worthy thing here is your implication that obama got any public financing (he hasn't) and that he's returning it (there's nothing to return) so he can get some PAC money (he won't).

MAGOO is the one who got public financing. he got it when his campaign was bankrupt.

the story goes like this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/23/us...ics/23fec.html
(that's from february 2007)

what this calls for, were obama the nominee, is that he returns the money he's received and sticks to $85 mil from public financing.

magoo, who is stuck with public financing now, is callign for obama to do as him
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...-attack-1.html

recently obama showed a bit of caution saying he'll "sit down with mccain to hammer out an agreement"-- he'll have to do that or eat his words or find a way out. but this has nothing to do with PACs-- his success has been with the small contributions online-- $50, $100, etc.

at any rate, magoo has no incentive to stay stuck with public financing and he's looking for a way out, but he'll face some troubles in the process
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23362651/

Freakazoid, the NY Times article you posted is from February of last year.

L.A. Times
March 3, 2008
Flip-flopping on public financing

They are each trying to maintain a financial edge over the other.
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...,5382351.story

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Times 3 Mar 2008
Obama too experienced what might be called a contribution conversion. Last year, when he was still an underdog to Clinton, a spokesman for his campaign reacted positively to a proposal by McCain that he would accept federal financing in the general election if the Democratic nominee did. But with his new front-runner status -- and facing the prospect of raising more private money than McCain in a general election -- Obama has begun to waver. Asked in the last Democratic debate if he was waffling on a promise to accept public financing, he dodged, saying that, if nominated, he wants to "sit down with John McCain and make sure that we have a system that is fair for both sides." That sounds like the "old politics" that Obama inveighs against.

Both candidates should get over their buyer's remorse. What they gain by abandoning public financing, they may lose in credibility.

val-holla-ing 03.05.2008 12:03 PM

is it wrong that i'm actively against voting for her in the general election? i wouldn't vote for mccain, either, though. don't get me wrong, though. i'm all for "making history" or whatever, and i'd love to see a woman as president-elect, but hillary clinton isn't that woman. and she's not going to become that woman in 7-8 months, either.

!@#$%! 03.05.2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atari 2600
a) you're a freakazoid

*SNORT*

Quote:

b) the NY Times article you quote is from February of last year. Since then Obama has accepted the 85 million in public financing, but like McCain is now second guessing the move and plans to return it. Each are hoping to maintain a campaign financing edge over the other.

NO FOOL, I'M TELLING YOU NO. MCCAIN TOOK PUBLIC MONEY, OBAMA HASN'T. YOU ARE MISINFORMED. AND THE 85 MIL. ARE FOR THE GENERAL ELECTION, WHICH IS IN THE FUTURE.

AND OF COURSE THE ARTICLE IS FROM LAST YEAR, FOOL, I SAID SO MYSELF RIGHT NEXT TO THE LINK I POSTED, IT'S IN YOUR GODDAMN QUOTE OF MY POST, CAN YOU READ? IT SAYS "THAT'S FROM FEBRUARY 2007". THAT'S WHEN THAT STORY STARTED TO TAKE SHAPE. THIS DIDN'T BEGIN 5 DAYS AGO. DUH??

Quote:

c) L.A. Times
March 3, 2008
Flip-flopping on public financing
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...,5382351.story

SURE FOOL, THE REST OF US HAVE KNOWN THAT FOR WEEKS. THAT IS JUST COMMENTARY.

--
i'm writing in bold caps so you maybe will read for comprehension. jah help you.

Rob Instigator 03.05.2008 12:13 PM

Hillary is smart, efficient, MEAN, opinionated, diplomatic, and heavily experienced in both foreign affairs and homeland affairs

Obama is smart, eloquent, charismatic, but very very inexperienced.

with the threat of Russia reverting back to it's soviet era totalitarianism, I would much rather have Clinton as president, and Obama as vice president, giving Obama time to learna nd get experience and achieve quite a lot of things, so when Hillary cannot run anymore, if she does a good job, then he can step in and continue. In 8 years he will be in his early 50's. Perfect for a president.

Clinton/Obama 2008
kicking McCain in his turkey gullet.

m1rr0r dash 03.05.2008 12:13 PM

dude fuckin rocked the bells.... in the 5th grade!!

.................................................. ......................^^^^^^^^^:eek:

!@#$%! 03.05.2008 12:15 PM

yeah rob but hillary is always followed by scandal & if that is the case obama will be as tainted as gore was in 2000.

plus hillary's experience as first lady of the u.s. and arkansas has taught her a lot about being an unprincipled weasel.

atari 2600 03.05.2008 12:15 PM

Obama has been talking as if he already took public financing or was going to take public financing and now he probably isn't. And Obama is already starting to blame his change of heart on keeping up with the McCain McCampaign.

Obama is a politician and not a savior. So will ya please stop frothing at the mouth now?

!@#$%! 03.05.2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Obama has been talking as if he already took public financing or was going to take public financing and now he probably isn't. And Obama is already starting to blame his change of heart on keeping up with the McCain McCampaign.

I hardly see how I deserve to be flamed over and over just for pointing out that Obama is a politician and not a savior. So will ya please stop frothing at the mouth now?

IM JUST SAYING READ FOR COMPREHENSION, FOOL, AND DONT DRIBBLE AT THE MOUTH.

IF YOU'VE BEEN FOLLOWING THE NEWS, YOU'LL KNOW THE OBAMA'S FUNDRAISING SUCCESS HAS BEEN WITH THE SMALL DONORS. I'M POSTING FROM MARS AND I KNOW THIS. PUT AN ANTENNA OUTSIDE YOUR CAVE.

tesla69 03.05.2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

To be fair, Obama is starting to show his stripes.

The one thing that was real, that I could count on as a tangible testament to his character, was that, like John Edwards, Obama was refusing campaign contributions from political action committees.

But now that things are rolling for him, Obama's already backed-off from this. He is in the process of returning the eighty-five million in funding he got from the Federal government for his campaign so that he will be free to take contributions from PACs.

So, I've stated it before when Edwards dropped out, and I'll state it again. America has once again fucked up and screwed themselves.
Now that Edwards is out of the running, unfortunately so is a chance for a better America, and a better world.

Scary times, i agree with atari...

Drudge was reporting over the weekend Obama is talking about having rethuglicans on his cabinet. Lets see, his wife is CFR (i don't know if he is) his advisor Zbignew Brezenski (spelling?) is Trilateral and CFR, and his financial advisor is Skull and Bones. He's called for bombing Pakistan. He got elected locally under odd circumstances - it was his opponent who was trying to get Jeri Ryan (the hot star trek borg-woman) to have public sex, and this was in a sealed record that was made public in time for the election that Obama won. Obama is not the savior. (The 2nd coming is already in Brooklyn according to a certain orthodox sect anyway).

Rob Instigator 03.05.2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

yeah rob but hillary is always followed by scandal & if that is the case obama will be as tainted as gore was in 2000.

plus hillary's experience as first lady of the u.s. and arkansas has taught her a lot about being an unprincipled weasel.

scandal always follows her husband, not Hillary. She is much more self-controlled than him. I doubt that anything new will come up for her, while Obama, however, has all the makings of an inexperienced one term president.

he needs to learn first hand, and vice president would let him lead the house of representatives, and take part in a lot of policy decisions, as long as Clinto is cool with it.

I like how Obama was "Barry" in school. dumb crackas couldn't say barrack I guess. ;)

atari 2600 03.05.2008 12:21 PM

Personally, I'm just waiting to find out whom the respective nominees choose as their running mates before I formally declare both eventual tickets to be worthless.

val-holla-ing 03.05.2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Hillary is smart, efficient, MEAN, opinionated, diplomatic, and heavily experienced in both foreign affairs and homeland affairs

Obama is smart, eloquent, charismatic, but very very inexperienced.

with the threat of Russia reverting back to it's soviet era totalitarianism, I would much rather have Clinton as president, and Obama as vice president, giving Obama time to learna nd get experience and achieve quite a lot of things, so when Hillary cannot run anymore, if she does a good job, then he can step in and continue. In 8 years he will be in his early 50's. Perfect for a president.

Clinton/Obama 2008
kicking McCain in his turkey gullet.

a. obama has stated that he will not be hillary's running-mate.
b. what is this experience are people keep talking about in reference to clinton?

Rob Instigator 03.05.2008 12:23 PM

the GOP heavyweights are pressuring McCain to choose Huckabee as his running ate, even though they disagree on some very fundamental issues.
I like McCain, I think he would be a good president, but I am a very liberal person and it is time this country stopped sucking at the seeping anus of the health insurance companies that run our healthcare system.

fuck them. I want someone to institue fullly socialized medicine for those that cannot afford the ridiculously high cost of medical care in the USA and let the rich keep paying for their fancy procedures. they do so anyways.

val-holla-ing 03.05.2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

scandal always follows her husband, not Hillary. She is much more self-controlled than him. I doubt that anything new will come up for her, while Obama, however, has all the makings of an inexperienced one term president.

he needs to learn first hand, and vice president would let him lead the house of representatives, and take part in a lot of policy decisions, as long as Clinto is cool with it.

I like how Obama was "Barry" in school. dumb crackas couldn't say barrack I guess. ;)

i just watched a video about some of hillary's dirtyish money. matter of fact, every time i've read about her, recently, it's something scandalous about money.

and just because it isn't pee-pee in vajayjay scandalous, doesn't make it any less scandalous.

!@#$%! 03.05.2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

yeah my problem with hillary is that i don't believe a word she says. she's wonderful at pandering. :(

on her own she's had vince foster, white water, cattle futures, travelgate, & more. plus she sided with bill while he was sexually assaulting women.

i agree obama might not be fully ripe, but i'd rather have him making honest mistakes than ms. machiavelli engaged in a perpetual war taking advice from polls.

now consider this: the evangelicals are not hard for magoo, but they'd come out in troves to defeat hellary. and who'll win more independents? i think magoo too...