Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Last Night In Columbus..... (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=5505)

RdTv 08.29.2006 10:28 AM

Last Night In Columbus.....

Was anyone there, if so let's hear the commentary....the experience...

Disgruntled Youth, afterthefact, another friend of mine and myself all rode up together and had a absolute blast. During the SY set I kept yelling'' YOU'VE SEEN HELL A HUNDRED TIMES, THURSTON, YOU'VE SEEN HELL A HUNDRED TIMES!'' I even through in a reference to AssBlaster's banning the look on his face was hilarious, he kept looking around for who was yelling it. After their set was over I snuck backstage and tried to pull some bullshit scam on security, that I was there to talk to Thurston about the Ecstatic Peace account and shit. While I'm doing this Lee walks by and I go talk to him...I tell him that shit because the security guy is grilling me, then we walk into another room and I tell Lee how I'm really full of shit and what not. He was so damn cool, he seemed kinda annoyed but a good sport about it all, I let him know how much respect the band gets from me and the inspiration they have been, he says ''Hey man, what do you need me to do to get you back with us'' I tell him to get the tour manager to get me on the list but it was a no go. Hell, it was worth it all just to meet Lee....
After that I got on stage while the Flaming Lips were playing and I was thrown out....I had fun...what a great show....pics coming soon from Disgruntled Youth

Illsonicyouryouth 08.29.2006 10:36 AM

Met LEE and the band in STL on sat. night. Lee was very nice they all were! Can't wait to see pics!

HaydenAsche 08.29.2006 10:45 AM

Sounds like a fun time.

RdTv 08.29.2006 10:51 AM

Yes sir it was, didn't you go to a show recently?

HaydenAsche 08.29.2006 10:54 AM

No. I wasn't around Minneapolis when they played at our state fair and if I had been I probably wouldn't have been able to go with school and whatnot. I heard the MN show sucked though.

afterthefact 08.29.2006 12:21 PM

Flaming Lips stole the show. No doubt.

bucklebone 08.29.2006 12:28 PM

RdTv: You sound like an absolute narcissist jackass. Lying to people, scamming security, then putting Lee on the spot to get you on "the list", then jumping on stage during the Lips show.

You would expect Lee to tell you to go fuck yourself. You sound like the type of fan that makes it painful to be a celebrity.

edit:: Not to mention yelling shit out during the show. Pure amateur. Pure amateur.

afterthefact 08.29.2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucklebone
RdTv: You sound like an absolute narcissist jackass. Lying to people, scamming security, then putting Lee on the spot to get you on "the list", then jumping on stage during the Lips show.

You would expect Lee to tell you to go fuck yourself. You sound like the type of fan that makes it painful to be a celebrity.

edit:: Not to mention yelling shit out during the show. Pure amateur. Pure amateur.

I was with him (though I didn't follow in his mischief) and I did mention that to him. And also as a result, his missed a great Flaming Lips show. But I will say in his defense, he was quite lit, and may not of been in his right mind at the time :)

bucklebone 08.29.2006 12:59 PM

If he can't hold his liquor, he should stick to Bon Jovi and Lynard Skynard shows.

and stop staring at my tits.

scott v 08.29.2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

If he can't hold his liquor, he should stick to Bon Jovi and Lynard Skynard shows.

Well said, its fans like him that should just stand in THE BACK and SUCK THEIR THUMBS.

afterthefact 08.29.2006 01:37 PM

Quote:

I had to stand up for him, he's a good friend of mine :) But yeah, you can't just do whatever you want, not everyone can just get up on stage...

HaydenAsche 08.29.2006 01:43 PM

RdTv is awesome. Scamming security sounds like fun. Stop being such tight asses PLEASE.

bucklebone 08.29.2006 01:44 PM

Sorry, RdTv sounds like a douche.

BTW, anyone have a real review of the show last night?? Any new songs in the set or whatnot??

afterthefact 08.29.2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
RdTv is awesome. Scamming security sounds like fun. Stop being such tight asses PLEASE.

I've got his back, cause we're buds and all, but it's not being tight asses. It's a matter of respect.

afterthefact 08.29.2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

Sorry, RdTv sounds like a douche.

BTW, anyone have a real review of the show last night?? Any new songs in the set or whatnot??

I could review it for you, but I was honestly there for FL, so if you are wanting more Sonic Youth news on it, I'm not your man...

Disgruntled Youth 08.29.2006 04:09 PM

A this bickering needs to stop!!! I was @ the show & the shit was all in good drunken fun. Fuck security they get a hard on just for choking or punching someone in the face. I had to push & menace my way threw the crowd to get as close as I did. I would have loved being back stage but it wasn't in my power. I believe it takes cohones to pull insane stunts agree with it or not. We can all sometimes act a bit childish but the look on Thurstons face was priceless. The show was amaizing will post the pics as soon as possible.

sonikold 08.29.2006 04:14 PM

thurston hit me in the face with his guitar at the bourbon st. gig. it was awesome!

RdTv 08.29.2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

Ok so you have your opinions and I have mine. I think though, that you are failing to see the events of last night through my eyes:
I don't get a chance to see Sonic Youth a lot,actually hardly ever, so I want to make it something I will remember and laugh about.

Second, I seriously doubt Lee took me seriously at all, I mean he was seemingly entertained at the whole situation, I think he realized that I was there because I sincerely love the band and didn't let some corridors and gates stop me from getting to them. I didn't put him on the spot, he knew what my situation was, and I wasn't expecting to get any further backstage. Lee if I offended you then I apologize, but I did what I had to do at the time.

I was very drunk.

Far as the shouting, lighten up people, this is a Sonic Youth concert, its fun, it is supposed to be fun and I disagree with this ''keep your mouth shut and stand still attitude'' that people have. You are not to cool to express yourself. I look at it like its the closest I'm going to get to the band so I might as well say something, at least I'm not gonna think to myself ''I wonder what it would have been like if I yelled some random things at Thurston''.
For crying out loud I didn't request ''Freebird'' and hold a lighter up.

Who the hell am I anyway, like I should keep quite and hope that if I do one day the gods of fandom will let me backstage....no. Seems like SY cares a lot for their fans, and thats one thing I dig about them, but they are normal people and can't exhaust all their time on the fanbase.
So, because we (most imperfect humans have thought it) always say ''Id love to roam around backstage at a gig and rub shoulders with these people I admire so much, but I never get the chance'' thats why I did it.

And I was zooted.

finding nobody 08.29.2006 06:01 PM

Quote:

Says the man with that avatar

googoogoo 08.29.2006 06:33 PM

I've met the band a few times and they are always sooooo nice. I talked to Lee and Thurston yesterday after the appearance on cd101 and they were cool as always.