Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=113183)

EVOLghost 06.23.2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
With all the shit that's been coming out about trump it's still baffling that his followers will resort to "but muh Hillary". Everything you can say that she did, or supposedly did, you can guarantee that Trump has done much worse.


I’m not so sure it’s even that anymore. I was scrolling through some comments on a “Team Trump” Campaign ad on FB. Fucking people are lunatics. Saying things like he’s a savior, ‘we are god’s people’, ‘he’s been fighting for america and equality since day 1’

I mean...yeah. I tried to be understanding when he first took office. But now, no one has an excuse.....

EVOLghost 06.23.2020 01:54 PM

“I know his strength and perseverance comes from above.”


Lol fucking lunatics. Someone actually said and apparently believes this.

The Soup Nazi 06.24.2020 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Lol fucking lunatics. Someone actually said and apparently believes this.


Yeah, around 43% of the population. I've had it with the U.S.

GeneticKiss 06.24.2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
“I know his strength and perseverance comes from above.”


Lol fucking lunatics. Someone actually said and apparently believes this.

People are so desperate to cling to the past in a changing world that they'll follow anyone that claims they can turn back time.

What's really sad is if you told these people they'd be saying things like that about Donald Trump a decade or so earlier, they'd say you're crazy.

The Soup Nazi 06.24.2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
People are so desperate to cling to the past in a changing world that they'll follow anyone that claims they can turn back time.


Right, a past that was A-OK as long as you weren't black (needless to say, that keeps going), Native American, gay, FEMALE, etc. A bullshit version of that past, all nifty and dandy, was Reagan's ticket to political stardom - I don't know whether he was the first to come up with the line "government isn't the solution; it's the problem", but fucking hell did that stupidity get into the marrow of millions of Unitedstateseans, generations of them now.

tw2113 06.25.2020 08:34 AM

it's probably been said somewhere in this thread already, but i'll repeat that people are wanting to "return to normal" but there is no normal like we previously had. Probably what should be getting said is "return back to familiar" which also probably won't happen and probably shouldn't either.

GeneticKiss 06.25.2020 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Right, a past that was A-OK as long as you weren't black (needless to say, that keeps going), Native American, gay, FEMALE, etc. A bullshit version of that past, all nifty and dandy, was Reagan's ticket to political stardom - I don't know whether he was the first to come up with the line "government isn't the solution; it's the problem", but fucking hell did that stupidity get into the marrow of millions of Unitedstateseans, generations of them now.

The joke of this is that the period in which America was supposedly at its peak* -the 1950s-was one that most of its adherents either experienced through the eyes of a child or they weren't around at all. The average Trumpet's vision of the 50s is something like this (skip to 0:43):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ttQIkTEDRo

*if you ask me, the US' peak was the moon landing, and it's been downhill ever since

Bytor Peltor 06.26.2020 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Last I heard he was seen climbing out of a sports shop window wearing a shiny new pair of Air Jordans.


I hope something close to this is true : )

Bytor Peltor 06.26.2020 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Not much effort required when the evidence is overwhelming......and this is just the tip of the iceberg!

Declassified Susan Rice Email Confirms Michael Flynn Was Personally Targeted In Oval Office Meeting

 


Ted Cruz

“Wow. Ongoing spying from an outgoing POTUS on the incoming POTUS—directed by Obama himself—is unprecedented in the 243 years of our nation’s history.”



Newly released notes from Peter Strzok and the FBI CONFIRM the Obama Administration’s PLOT to take down the Trump Administration and General Flynn

Handwritten notes from fired former FBI agent Peter Strzok show that Obama himself directed key aspects of the campaign to target Flynn during a Jan. 5, 2017 meeting in the Oval Office.

Peter Strzok's Notes Confirm President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden PERSONALLY ORDERED Hit On Michael Flynn
 


NSA-D-DAG = [Flynn cuts?]. Other countries
D-DAG: lean forward on [unclass?]
VP: “Logan Act”
P: These are unusual times
VP: I’ve been on the intel cmte for ten years and I never
P: Make sure you look at things + have the right people on it
P: Is there anything I shouldn’t be telling transition team?
D: Flynn –> Kislyak calls but appear legit
[illegible] Happy New Year. Yeah right

May 2020
George Stephanopoulos: “what did you know of those moves to investigate Michael Flynn and was there anything improper done?”

Joe Biden: “I know nothing about those moves to investigate Michael Flynn number 1......number 2 this is all about diversion, this is the game this guy plays all the time, the country is in crisis”

Why would Joe Biden lie on Good Morning America?
(same video as above at 1:11)

George Stephanopoulos: “I want to press this point, you say you don’t know anything about it but you were reported to be at a January 5th, 2017 meeting where you and the President were briefed on the FBI’s plan to question Michael Flynn over those questions he had with Russian Ambassador Kislysk.”

Joe Biden: “no I thought you asked me weather or not if I had anything to do with him being prosecuted, I’m sorry, I was aware that they asked for an investigation, but that’s all I know about it...ummm...think about this, can you imagine any other President of the United States focusing on this at the moment when the country is absolutely concerned about its health.”

Again, why would Joe Biden lie when he knows he is the very one to suggest The Logan Act as a way to TARGET Michael Flynn AFTER the FBI investigation revealed everything Flynn was doing was appropriate???

Also, then Vice President Joe Biden PERSONALLY issued a unmasking request just days before leaving office......why???

Bytor Peltor 06.26.2020 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
So, the white liberal theory concerning the recent wave of iconoclasm sweeping the US may be all well and good, but the practice clearly involves the systematic erasure of American history.

BLM began by saying that they only wanted to remove statues of Confederate generals and politicians, which point I could certainly see in the light of huge monstrosities I'd seen in my youth, such as a gigantic statue of Jefferson Davis, President of the Confederate States of America, in Memphis, Tennessee. That statue, along with certain "colored entrance"-type signs (which, by then, thank God, no longer had legal effect) definitely gave the feeling that I was in an unwholesome society. I definitely understood that the purpose of that statue was to show that those who'd lost the war had certainly won the peace, and to serve as a warning to that effect to Northerners, local African-Americans, and local White liberals alike. I saw such monuments in the same light as the gigantic statue of Stalin in the middle of Budapest, or a similar statue of Saddam Hussein in Baghdad.

But this recent spasm of iconoclasm in my country has, by now, clearly revealed its aim as having nothing to do with slavery or racism. In Madison, Wisconsin, where I went to school, BLM pulled down, decapitated, and threw in Lake Mendota a statue of Col. Hans Christian Heg, commander of the 15th Regiment of Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry, who died of wounds received at the Battle of Chickamauga while leading his men against the Confederate rebels FROM THE FRONT! Prior to his joining the army, he had been a leader of the Free Soil Party (which sought to prevent the extension of slavery in the West) and, later, of the newly-founded Republican Party. He had also been a leader of a citizen's militia organization known as the "Wide Awakes" which acted against slave-catching bounty hunters who captured runaway slaves (and sometimes free people of color) and sent them back south. Yet, his statue was desecrated, as was that of Col. Robert Gould Shaw (commander of the 54th Regiment of Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry (Colored)) in Boston, who likewise died leading his men (including two sons of the great former slave Frederick Douglass, one of whom was, himself, seriously wounded) FROM THE FRONT in a frontal assault against Fort Wagner, South Carolina. As if that weren't enough, the City of Boston is planning to remove a statue of Abraham Lincoln from its current position in front of City Hall. Furthermore, a statue of Union General Ulysses S. Grant was toppled in San Francisco. Finally, a statue of Christopher Columbus was removed by the City of Providence from an intersection here.

Some may say that these acts are the acts of a few misguided university kids, save for the fact that the nationwide, systematic scope of these acts, effectively sanctioned by the local civil authorities (invariably members of the Democratic Party, which ruled the Confederate States of America, as well as the Jim Crow postwar South, and which sponsored the Ku Klux Klan as its paramilitary enforcement arm) implies an aim at censoring and controlling the narrative of my country's history by forces hostile to the bulk of my country's people of all races, but particularly those of European, African, and Asian heritage. This constitutes a crime against humanity known as "Cultural Genocide", as was practiced by the Red Guards against the deeply religious Buddhist culture of Tibet during Mao's Cultural Revolution.

So, think again before jumping on the most radical bandwagon moving though town assuming you'll be forgiven by history for having been caught up in the moment of a crazy time.


Mr. Schunk is bringing the truth!

Sadly, many here at SYG can’t handle the truth!!

More importantly, those young people that are rising up and marching for justice and have no clue about history, these are the same individuals who will choose to NOT stand in line and vote come November!!!

h8kurdt 06.28.2020 02:00 AM

Reports are coming out that supposedly Trump knew about Russia paying the Taliban a bounty to kill American troops. Obviously the white house has denied all this happening, but then you realise how much he's done to shit on American troops you gotta wonder that it might be true. Have a brief look atwhat everyone's favourite draft dodger has done....

Quote:

- Trump knew since Mar 2020 that Russia paid bounties to kill American troops, yet he has done nothing.

- In May 2020, the White House ended National Guard deployments one day before they could claim benefits

- The Trump admin seized 5 million masks intended for VA hospitals. Kushner distributes these masks to private entities for a fee, who then sells the masks to the government

- Trump fired the captain of the *USS Theodore Roosevelt* after he warned superiors that COVID19 was spreading among his crew. The virus subsequently spread amongst the crew.

- After Iran's retaliatory strike, 109 US troops suffered brain injuries. Trump dismissed these as "headaches"

- On July 20, 2017, in room 2E924 of the Pentagon, Trump told a room full of Generals, "You’re a bunch of dopes and babies"

- Pardoned multiple war criminals, which stomped on long standing military values, discipline, and command. Trump has no military experience (May&Nov, 2019)

- Trump mocked Lt. Col. Vindman for his rank and uniform. He threatened said purple heart officer, resulting in the Army providing him protection

- Trump’s Chief of Staff worked—in secret—to deny comprehensive health coverage to Vietnam Vets who suffered from Agent Orange.

- There is a facility in Tijuana for US veterans that Trump deported. Wounded war vet, Sen Duckworth (D) marked Veterans Day 2019 by visiting this facility

- Russia took control of the main U.S. military facility in Syria abandoned on Trump’s orders. Russia now owns the airstrip we built

- On Oct 7, 2019, Trump abruptly withdrew support from America's allies in Syria after a phone call with Turkey's president (Erdogan). Turkey subsequently bombed US Special Forces.

- Trump sent thousands of American troops to defend the oil assets of the country that perpetrated 9/11

- In Sept 2019, he made an Air Force cargo crew, flying from the U.S. to Kuwait stop in Scotland (where there's no U.S. base) to refuel at a commercial airport (where it costs more), so they could stay overnight at a Trump property (which isn't close to the airport). Trump’s golf courses are losing money, so he's forcing the military to pay for 5-star nights there.

- In Sept, 2019, Pentagon pulled funds for military schools, military housing funds, and daycare to pay for Trump's border wall.

- In Aug, 2019, emails revealed that three of Trump's Mar-a-Lago pals, who are now running Veterans Affairs, are rampant with meddling. "They had no experience in veterans affairs (none of them even served in the military) nor underwent any kind of approval process to serve as de facto managers. Yet, with Trump’s approval, they directed actions and criticized operations without any oversight. They wasted valuable staff time in hundreds of pages of communications and meetings, emails show. Emails reveal disdainful attitudes within the department to the trio’s meddling."

- Veterans graves will be "dug up" for the border wall, after Trump instructed aides to seize private property. Trump told officials he would pardon them if they break the law by illegally seizing property

- Children of deployed US troops are no longer guaranteed citizenship. This includes US troops posted abroad for years at a time (August 28, 2019)

- On Aug 2, 2019, Trump requisitioned military retirement funds towards border wall

- On July 31, 2019, Trump ordered the Navy rescind medals to prosecutors who were prosecuted war criminals

- Trump denied a U.S. Marine of 6 years entry into the United States for his citizenship interview (Reported July 17, 2019)

- Trump made the U.S. Navy Blue Angels violate ethics rules by having them fly at his July 4th political campaign event (July 4, 2019)

- Trump demanded US military chiefs stand next to him at 4th of July parade (reported July 2, 2019)

- In June, 2019, Trump sent troops to the border to paint the fence for a better "aesthetic appearance"

- Trump used his D-Day interview at a cemetery commemorating fallen US soldiers to attack a Vietnam veteran (June 6, 2019)

- Trump started his D-Day commemoration speech by attacking a private citizen (Bette Midler, of all people) (reported on June 4th, 2019)

- Trump made his 2nd wife, Marla Maples, sign a prenup that would have cut off all child support if Tiffany joined the military (reported June 4th, 2019)

- On May 27, 2019, Trump turned away US military from his Memorial Day speech because they were from the destroyer USS John S. McCain

- Trump ordered the USS John McCain out of sight during his visit to Japan (May 15, 2019). The ship's name was subsequently covered. (May 27, 2019)

- Trump purged 200,000 vets' healthcare applications (due to known administrative errors within VA’s enrollment system) (reported on May 13, 2019)

- Trump deported a spouse of fallen Army soldier killed in Afghanistan, leaving their daughter parentless (April 16, 2019)

- On March 20, 2019, Trump complained that a deceased war hero didn't thank him for his funeral

- Between 12/22/2018, and 1/25/2019, Trump refused to sign his party's funding bill, which shut down the government, forcing the Coast Guard to go without pay, which made service members rely on food pantries. However, his appointees got a $10,000 pay raise

- He banned service members from serving based on gender identity (1/22/2019)

- He denied female troops access to birth control to limit sexual activity (on-going. Published Jan 18, 2019)

- He tried to deport a marine vet who is a U.S.-born citizen (Jan 16, 2019)

- When a man was caught swindling veterans pensions for high-interest “cash advances," Trump's Consumer Financial Protection Bureau fined him $1 (Jan 26, 2019)

- He called a retired general a 'dog' with a 'big, dumb mouth' (Jan 1, 2019)

- He increased privatization of the VA, leading to longer waits and higher taxpayer cost (2018)

- He finally visited troops 2 years after taking office, but only after 154 vacation days at his properties (Dec 26, 2018)

- He revealed a covert Seal Team 5 deployment, including names and faces, on Twitter during his visit to Iraq (Dec 26, 2018)

- Trump lied to deployed troops that he gave them a 10% raise (12/26/2018). He tried giving the military a raise that was lower than the standard living adjustment. Congress told him that idea wasn't going to work. Then after giving them the raise that Congress made him, he lied about it pretending that it was larger than Obama's. It wasn't.

- He fired service members living with HIV just before the 2018 holidays

- He tried to slash disability and unemployment benefits for Veterans to $0, and eliminate the unemployability extrascheduler rating (Dec 17, 2018)

- He urged Florida to not count deployed military votes (Nov 12, 2018)

- He canceled an Arlington Cemetery visit on Veterans Day due to light rain (Nov 12, 2018)

- While in Europe commemorating the end of WWI, he didn't attend the ceremony at a US cemetery due to the rain -- other world leaders went anyway (Nov 10, 2018)

- He used troops as a political prop by sending them on a phantom mission to the border and made them miss Thanksgiving with their families (Oct-Dec, 2018)

- He stopped using troops as a political prop immediately after the election. However, the troops remained in muddy camps on the border (Nov 7, 2018)

- Trump changed the GI Bill through his Forever GI Act, causing the VA to miss veteran benefits, including housing allowances. This caused many vets to run out of food and rent. (reported October 7, 2018)

- Trump doubled the rejection rate for veterans requesting family deportation protections (July 5, 2018)

- Trump deported active-duty spouses (11,800 military families face this problem as of April 2018)

- He forgot a fallen soldier's name (below) during a call to his pregnant widow, then attacked her the next day (Oct 23-24, 2017)

h8kurdt 06.28.2020 02:02 AM

Quote:

- He sent commandos into an ambush due to a lack of intel, and sends contractors to pick them up, resulting in a commando being left behind, tortured, and executed. (Trump approved the mission because Bannon told him Obama didn't have the guts to do it) (Oct 4, 2017)

- He blocked a veteran group on Twitter (June 2017)

- He ordered the discharge of active-duty immigrant troops with good records (2017-present)

- He deported veterans (2017-present)

- He said he knows more about ISIS than American generals (Oct 2016)

- On Oct 3, 2016, Trump said vets get PTSD because they aren't strong (note: yes, he said it's 'because they aren't strong.' He didn't say it's 'because they're weak.' This distinction is important because of Snopes)

- Trump accepted a Purple Heart from a fan at one of his rallies and said: “I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier.” (Aug 2, 2016)

- Trump attacks Gold Star families: Myeshia Johnson (gold star widow), Khan family (gold star parents) etc. (2016-present)

- Trump sent funds raised from a Jan 2016 veterans benefit to the Donald J Trump Foundation instead of veterans charities (the foundation has since been ordered shut because of fraud) (Jan, 2016)

- Trump said he has "more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military" because he went to a military-style academy (2015 biography)

- Trump said he doesn't consider POWs heroes because they were caught. He said he prefers people who were not caught (July 18, 2015)

- Trump said having unprotected sex was his own personal Vietnam (1998)

- For a decade, Trump sought to kick veterans off of Fifth Avenue because he found them unsightly nuisances outside of Trump Tower. 1991

- Trump dodged the draft 5 times by having a doctor diagnose him with bone spurs.

- No Trump in America has *ever* served in the military; this spans 5 generations, and every branch of the family tree. In fact, the reason his grandfather immigrated to America was to avoid military service]

Whew. That's a pretty shitty long list. Of course, we can go back to talking about the legal and actually right investigation of Flynn.

h8kurdt 06.28.2020 05:37 AM

 


Gotta love to see it

The Soup Nazi 06.28.2020 08:19 PM

White power, baby.

 

The Soup Nazi 06.28.2020 11:50 PM

 


They're pretty stable geniuses.

Bytor Peltor 06.29.2020 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Of course, we can go back to talking about the legal and actually right investigation of Flynn.


YES - Flynn Judge Ordered To Drop Case!!!

 


Michael Flynn was seeking a writ of mandamus from the District Court and it was granted. In a 2-1 decision, Judge Emmet Sullivan was ordered to dismiss the case!



From The Motion To Dismiss
“After a considered review of all the facts and circumstances of this case, including newly discovered and disclosed information appended to the defendant’s supplemental pleadings, ECF Nos. 181, 188-190,1 the Government has concluded that the interview of Mr. Flynn was untethered to, and unjustified by, the FBI’s counterintelligence investigation into Mr. Flynn—a no longer justifiably predicated investigation that the FBI had, in the Bureau’s own words, prepared to close because it had yielded an “absence of any derogatory information.” Ex. 1 at 4, FBI FD-1057 “Closing Communication” Jan. 4, 2017 (emphases added). The Government is not persuaded that the January 24, 2017 interview was conducted with a legitimate investigative basis and therefore does not believe Mr. Flynn’s statements were material even if untrue. Moreover, we not believe that the Government can prove either the relevant false statements or their materiality beyond a reasonable doubt.“



Remember, In December 2016 FBI agents moved to close an investigation on Flynn after finding no evidence of wrongdoing, but former FBI Intelligence Agent Peter Strzok demanded it be kept open. At the time, Strzok cited senior officials as the reason why.

On January 5, 2017, President Obama held a meeting in the Oval Office and asked whether Flynn should be "treated differently."

Weeks later, FBI agents showed up at the White House to interview Flynn and handwritten notes state, “What's our goal? Truth/Admission or to get him to lie, so we can prosecute him or get him fired?"

Will the free-minded-freethinkers ever call out President Barack Hussein Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and Hillary Rodam Clinton for their traitorous activities against American citizens? Using their positions of power to try and overturn an election? Spending 30 million+ on the Mueller investigation and wasting America’s time and money on Impeachment Hearings that combined ended up producing NOTHING-NADA-ZILCH!!!

Bytor Peltor 06.29.2020 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Michael Flynn was seeking a writ of mandamus from the District Court and it was granted. In a 2-1 decision, Judge Emmet Sullivan was ordered to dismiss the case!


No. 20-5143
IN RE: MICHAEL T. FLYNN, PETITIONER


Mr. Schunk, how rare was it that the court took the case and was it even more rare they granted the Writ of mandamus?

Michael Flynn was seeking THREE forms of relief:

1) an order directing the district court to grant the motion to dismiss;
2) an order vacating the amicus appointment;
3) an order reassigning the case to a different district judge

Relief was granted for orders 1 and 2......by granting 1, 3 no longer needed a ruling?

By ordering the dismissal, was the Appeals Court saying the lower court didn’t have the authority to:

A. deny the motion to dismiss
B. appointed amicus curiae


I don’t have a clue concerning Rule 48, but this doesn’t sound promising for Judge Sullivan’s actions:

“Rule 48 motions must be granted “in the overwhelming number of cases”). More specifically, “[t]he principal object of the ‘leave of court’ requirement is ... to protect a defendant against prosecutorial harassment“

“Rule 48 thus “gives no power to a district court to deny a prosecutor’s ... motion to dismiss charges based on a disagreement with the prosecution’s exercise of charging authority.”

And the Judge’s didn’t appear happy with
“The first troubling indication of the district court’s mistaken understanding of its role in ruling on an unopposed Rule 48(a) motion was the appointment of John Gleeson to “present arguments in opposition to the government’s Motion.” Order Appointing Amicus Curiae,

that role does not include designating an advocate to defend Flynn’s continued prosecution.”

This is my favorite part

“The district court’s order put two “coequal branches of the Government ... on a collision course“

h8kurdt 06.29.2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
can prosecute him or get him fired?"[/b]

Will the free-minded-freethinkers ever call out President Barack Hussein Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and Hillary Rodam Clinton for their traitorous activities against American citizens? ]


Speaking of traitors, not think that it's a pretty horrific thing that Russia offered bounties to the Taliban for the deaths of American soldiers? On top of that do you not think it's pretty horrific that the white house, and Trump especially, turned a blind eye. That seems like a pretty big traitorous move. I mean, I'm guessing that you ignoring my original post shows either that you've got your head in the sand about it, or you're trying to work out how to say that it's all lie and #fakenews yada-yada-yah.

As it is, I already linked about how the Obama/Flynn debacle (not that you read it, like) is nothing more the a right wing kerfuffle that has no evidence. I mean, the fact that the loudest foghorn, trump, doesn't even know what he's shouting about should tell you everything. Because I'm nice. Here it is again.

!@#$%! 06.29.2020 03:36 PM

trump: russia first!

GeneticKiss 06.30.2020 11:21 PM

Today I copied a handwritten letter for a customer that talked about a "liberal socialist dictatorship power-grab" and if you aren't voting for Trump in November, don't vote at all.

Some people in this country (and this thread) are going to need some serious deprogramming when Trump is done.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content ©2006 Sonic Youth