Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=113183)

h8kurdt 07.01.2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
I take it back. I watched him in the debate again and I don't think I could vote for him either. So from what I see I don't think there's any Dem candidate I could vote for at the moment.

So you'd vote for Trump if you had the option?

Derek 07.01.2019 08:10 AM

Didn't Bernie just do what he usually does in that debate? What could have changed your mind at this point?

demonrail666 07.01.2019 08:56 AM

I didn't know that much about him before other than that he was the most conventionally 'leftist' candidate there but even he seems to have jumped in with the 'progressives', who I think represent a greater potential for catastrophe than Trump does. So in answer to H8kurdt, yes I probably would.

!@#$%! 07.01.2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

I didn't know that much about him before other than that he was the most conventionally 'leftist' candidate there but even he seems to have jumped in with the 'progressives', who I think represent a greater potential for catastrophe than Trump does. So in answer to H8kurdt, yes I probably would.

!@#$%! 07.01.2019 09:17 AM

and thank fuck for the relief that is humor

but enough of this assclown

time to vote him out

i’ll take uncle joe, bernie, kamala, tulsi, the love lady... anyone really

demonrail666 07.01.2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

i’ll take uncle joe, bernie, kamala, tulsi, the love lady... anyone really

I respect that. Forgetting about who you hope will get the nomination, or who you think is most likely to, which of the candidates do you think best represents the general ideology of the party right now?

ilduclo 07.01.2019 10:56 AM

Ikaka at the g20. Pretty funny. I'm not a fan of May or Legarde, but that was deserved. Daddy's little princess, indeedy

!@#$%! 07.01.2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

I respect that. Forgetting about who you hope will get the nomination, or who you think is most likely to, which of the candidates do you think best represents the general ideology of the party right now?

general ideology? joe biden

there’s a progressive wave no doubt, and it’s the loudest and most fervent, but it’s not all of the party, and it’s not how the midterms were won.

and who was the other guy who said his electrician dad loved his union healthcare? he may not be famous but 150 million people have employee provided healthcare and might not be willing to part with it in spite of all the arguments.

as much as private insurance is marred by high deductibles and copays and even higher maximum out of pockets, pushing for mandatory single payer would be suicide.

please note, such a proposal could never pass through congress, so making it is really a moot point. this is why bernie wants people marching in the streets.

on the other hand, i think everyone could agree on a voluntary public option.

kamala harris too is offering medicare for all but i think she’s smart enough to not die on any random hill. you may call that opportunistic, i call it pragmatic.

eg see the murdoch post https://nypost.com/2019/02/01/what-k...icare-for-all/

(this is not my favorite paper by any means, i read it for educational purposes only, so there you go)

demonrail666 07.01.2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

general ideology? joe biden

I get that he may best represent it in terms of how it was defined during the Obama era, and perhaps even before that, but looked at in relation to the other candidates, would you not say he appears almost like an outsider now?

!@#$%! 07.01.2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

I get that he may best represent it in terms of how it was defined during the Obama era, and perhaps even before that, but looked at in relation to the other candidates, would you not say he appears almost like an outsider now?

nah

did you see how much applause he’d get when he invoked obama, and talked about obamacare?

plus he’s a decent guy who would restore our diplomacy

progressives are just louder, and these are the primaries where people pander to the base

but not all the base is progressive. besides... obama was also “progressive” in his day

oh, klobuchar is also in the mainstream. she’s not polling very high but she’s there. see her on the issues

https://amyklobuchar.com/issues/health-care/

!@#$%! 07.01.2019 12:35 PM

anyway i’ll post data over in the democratic debate thread.

Bytor Peltor 07.02.2019 06:01 AM

President Bill Clinton (1995)

"All Americans—not only in the states most heavily effected but in every place in this country—are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country. The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants."

Senator Hussein Obama (1995)
“We all agree on the need to better secure the borders and to punish employers that choose to hire illegal immigrants,”

Why were the Democrats so supportive of the middle class and wanted to keep illegals aliens out of America? Why was it ok then and not today??

TRUMP WON!!!

TRUMP WON because the middle class supported him!

Knowing this, the Democrats have turned all their hatred towards the middle class. The Dems want to usher in as many illegals as possible so they can vote to receive free stuff and cancel out the vote of the middle class.

How Anti-American is that......yet so many here are supportive of this???

Peterpuff 07.02.2019 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
TRUMP WON because the middle class supported him!

I think this guy gets it...

h8kurdt 07.02.2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterpuff
I think this guy gets it...

Isn't that what we've been talking about the last few pages? Everyone here has pointed that out after the Dems debate. Bytor certainly isn't saying anything new with that comment.

demonrail666 07.02.2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

if trump’s election has proved anything is that any asshole can be president

so how do you rate him vs

warren

bernie

kamala

biden

booty judge?

i mean in terms of personal preference not chance of winning

She didn't make your list but I've been looking more at Tulsi Gabbard and the more I read about her and see her in interviews, the more impressive she seems. I've also seen quite a few comments on Twitter along the lines of, if there's one candidate who could tempt me away from Trump, it's Tulsi.

Peterpuff 07.02.2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Isn't that what we've been talking about the last few pages?

I mean, sort of? Kinda, but not really? In about 5-6 pages I see maybe 4-5 references at most to the middle class and what truly needs to be done to bring them over?

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Bytor certainly isn't saying anything new with that comment.

Sorry, but in a 360+ page thread where 8 out of every 10 posts is "I hate Trump because..." I have to chuckle at this just a bit. :)

But either way. With that said, I will return to my lurker status of this thread. I just really hope the Dems don't go and fuck this up again...

!@#$%! 07.02.2019 06:44 PM

Quote:

She didn't make your list but I've been looking more at Tulsi Gabbard and the more I read about her and see her in interviews, the more impressive she seems. I've also seen quite a few comments on Twitter along the lines of, if there's one candidate who could tempt me away from Trump, it's Tulsi.

she wasn’t there cuz there were too many one percenters to list and she hasn’t had a breakthrough

but i’ll check her out... thanks for the heads up

!@#$%! 07.02.2019 07:00 PM

ok, so tulsi wants to combat islamophobia

https://www.tulsigabbard.org/tulsi-g...g-islamophobia

i dont see bytor biting lmao. american taliban

and she’s of the hindu religion... the white sepulchers will stone her

she’s for single payer also

https://www.tulsigabbard.org/tulsi-g...n-medicare-all

and having been cured of homophobia she’s now a strong supporter of lgbtq+ rights

i mean she’s even had bernie’s endorsement

https://www.tulsigabbard.org/about

are you putting me on? i think you’re putting me on...

demonrail666 07.03.2019 02:39 AM

I've no idea where Bytor stands. I'm talking about Twitter posts or even things as potentially inconsequential as Youtube comments, although I see Fox News also have an article considering her a real problem for Trump if she gets the nomination - however unlikely her getting that nomination appears.
This is 6 months old but I also saw this

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-co...-for-president

!@#$%! 07.03.2019 06:45 AM

i think you’re just looking at a case of “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”