Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   astrology (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=19926)

Cantankerous 02.23.2008 03:07 AM

astrology

what are your opinions/thoughts/etc?
i used to deny the validity of it but i read up, did my natal chart and things like that... and a lot of things are scarily accurate.

!@#$%! 02.23.2008 03:13 AM

i am mighty & awesome as predicted by my father's astrologers.

i wonder why he had them decapitated soon after my birth.

Cantankerous 02.23.2008 03:17 AM

Rising Sign is in 13 Degrees Scorpio
You tend to be quiet, reserved, secretive and, at times, quite difficult to understand. Others notice your deep emotions and feelings and wonder how to draw you out. Stubborn and tough, you fight for any position you believe in. You are very resourceful and formidable when you become angered or upset about something. You enjoy living life at the cutting edge -- for you life must be experienced intensely and totally. Quite courageous, you are willing to take calculated risks. Easily hurt by others, you often strike back with bitter sarcasm. Sensitive and curious, you are concerned with the deeper mysteries of human psychology. Once you have become interested in any subject, you pursue it with total fanaticism.

Sun is in 03 Degrees Pisces.
Extremely sensitive and emotional, you absorb the emotions of others (whether positive or negative) like a sponge. Emotionally vulnerable, you are easily upset and tend to cry readily. You are at your best when you can structure your environment in such a way that you are surrounded by positive, upbeat people. You are very helpful and understanding of the needs of others. Indeed, at times this can be a disadvantage, because you can be a sucker for anyone who needs help. Shy, dreamy, romantic in nature, you delight in retreating into your private fantasy world. Just be careful that you do not get lost in it! Trust your intuitions -- you may be quite psychic.

ill spare you all the other planets but this is dead on

!@#$%! 02.23.2008 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous

ill spare you all the other planets but this is dead on

if you stayed to discuss i'd debunk but i won't argue with my own echo. next time.

Cantankerous 02.23.2008 03:28 AM

okay then
debunk me son!

!@#$%! 02.23.2008 03:32 AM

no no.

im tired too.

go sleep wake up early & take photos.

just tell me who is not formidable when upset about something?

ayway im a sun in scorpio & rising sagitarius, and yes it "amazingly' matches but when you dig a little deeper the vagueness of things is what allows the trick.

my 2 best friend in elementary were scorpios too and we were totally totally different. of course astrology's response is that the ascendant and the 12 houses and so forth... an incomprehensible mess that allows for everything and anything.

i'd suspect maybe the seasons have more to do with it maybe? but i don't know cos i was born in the southern hemisphere. so how does it apply?

damn i meant to write less not start something.

Cantankerous 02.23.2008 03:36 AM

yes it is vague but certainly applicable. i knew you were going to say that because everyone says that. i don't care and so forth.
i'm a greaseball and tired and so on, let me alone so i can eat my little debbie cakes and watch 2001: a space odyssey and float off into a blissful slumber.

!@#$%! 02.23.2008 03:38 AM

"You are at your best when you can structure your environment in such a way that you are surrounded by positive, upbeat people."

hm yeah tell me who is at their best in a pit of negativity and psychosis, ha ha ha.

ok im not mocking you, just, that statement is so broad it applies to anyone, you see?

--

ps-we best leave this for another day. im going to go brush my teeth so i never ever need veneers.

Alex's Trip 02.23.2008 03:46 AM

Mmm basically mine was just really vague and covered all their bases.

pbradley 02.23.2008 03:55 AM

As a Virgo, I'm suppose to over think things and be a major organization freak.

While the former may apply, the latter is straight up wrong.

alteredcourse 02.23.2008 04:06 AM

you definately see the qualities you want to

racehorse 02.23.2008 07:46 AM

i think that an environment which we live in which is as incomprehensibly massive as space is could not fail to have an effect on us and affect our character, freewill, chemical balances (i.e. emotions), and bodily rhythms. just think of the gravitational power of these objects. it is a fact that the gravitational power of the moon plays a part in controlling menstrual cycles, as well as controlling the tides. we are 70% water!
i'm not saying that astrology has all the answers, and there's a hell of a lot of bullshit and commercial trickery, but at least it is looking in the right direction. physics needs to become metaphysics whether you like it or not, and in fact it has been since the discovery of wave/particle duality, or even relativity.
Quote:

Originally Posted by alteredcourse
you definately see the qualities you want to

what you say is relevant and interesting. isn't that just the same with science? it's widely known that when you undertake a scientific experiment the results you come out with are quite likely going to be the results you hoped you would come out with.
anyway, didn't wave/particle duality and general relativity put an end to the existence of objective, purely empirical scientific facts? i think we have to start looking into astrology as a science - seperate the money-making bullshit from the genuine insights.

Savage Clone 02.23.2008 11:34 AM

Leos aren't supposed to get romantically involved with other Leos, but it's worked out pretty well for me so far. It's only been 20 years though, so I guess it's too soon to tell really.

uhler 02.23.2008 02:12 PM

i'm an aries, but i act more like a pisces. i consider myself a borderline pisces, since my bday is close to a pisces anyway. sometimes my daily reading are on spot or kind of and sometimes they are way off.

i used to think it was garbage, but now i'm getting more interested in it.

Toilet & Bowels 02.23.2008 03:40 PM

while i don't align myself with astrology i've seen enough to convince me that it's not all bullshit

pbradley 02.23.2008 03:59 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQPFoDkGFrU

PAULYBEE2656 02.23.2008 04:36 PM

I Find It A Very Interesting Line Of Study, Something Has To Be In It Or Else It Wouldnt Affect So Many People. Its A Belief To A Certain Extent. Personally I Dont Read My Stars But I Certainly Dont Dismiss It As Bullplop.

Cantankerous 02.23.2008 07:49 PM

the shit they put in fashion magazines is absolutely ludicrous. i'm not talking about that, however a lot of people haven't educated themselves enough to know the difference.

floatingslowly 02.23.2008 07:59 PM

I'm a pisces, but my moon is in neon.

mostly, I like cancer girls.

and by mostly, I mean, that's it.

Cantankerous 02.23.2008 09:41 PM

i get on very well with virgo, scorpio, and capricorn. i'm supposed to get on well with cancer and taurus although i don't. i find cancers to be irritatingly clingy.