Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Back To School shoppers-disturbing observations (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=5461)

GeneticKiss 08.27.2006 10:50 PM

Back To School shoppers-disturbing observations

It's back to school time, so means things are crazy where I work, Office Depot...here are some things I've noticed that kinda concern me regarding some of the kids I've seen, and since kids are supposed to be the future, things look bleak:

-I'm seeing more and more families with four or more kids...don't parents care about overpopulation?!
-I've seen more malformed and mentally retarded kids this year than ever before...what are women doing to themselves while they're pregnant?
-5 out of 10 kids have those stupid shoes with wheels...call me a worry wart or a curmudgeon (sp?), but I can't help but wonder how that's affecting their leg muscles.
-This last one is more about the mindset of the parents: We ask people if they want us to donate 5% of their purchase total to a school of their choice...9 times of 10, parents that are rude and/or haughty ask for a Catholic or Christian school to receive credit.

Thoughts?

static-harmony 08.27.2006 11:11 PM

We all know the future is fucked, but other than that yeah I have seen that. I hate those damn kids with wheels on their shoes. At costco they are allways getting on my way. If one of them falls I would start laughing. Yeah don't worry, kill yourself when you see the future becoming bleak.

golden child 08.27.2006 11:13 PM

fuck you guys, you are fossils of the past. times are changing, and you are the enemy, you old farts.

you gotta fight for your right to party!

static-harmony 08.27.2006 11:15 PM

hey I'm only twenty-one.

Alex's Trip 08.27.2006 11:18 PM

My mom bought the shoes with wheels (heelies) for my sister for her birthday. When she opens it she will be so happy. It'll be funny when she falls.

static-harmony 08.27.2006 11:19 PM

I want to see one of those kids crash into the wine section, then I'll be laughing.

m^a(t)h 08.27.2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
-This last one is more about the mindset of the parents: We ask people if they want us to donate 5% of their purchase total to a school of their choice...9 times of 10, parents that are rude and/or haughty ask for a Catholic or Christian school to receive credit.

Thoughts?

thats the best thing you said, and i totally agree that is fucking stupid.

alyasa 08.27.2006 11:23 PM

Crazy kids.

cosmokramer 08.28.2006 12:56 AM

i knew a girl who was 17 who had those shoes.
she would always try and make other people use them, and when they couldnt or they'd fall she would make fun of them.
one day, after having her do this for a couple months, i saw her fall on her ass. it was classic.

Prisstina 08.28.2006 06:11 AM

A few years ago, I had those shoes. Except they were el cheapo so the wheels kept popping out and made a 'click' sound everytime I walked. They're definitely out of style here.

fishmonkey 08.28.2006 06:12 AM

Quote:

5 out of 10 kids have those stupid shoes with wheels...call me a worry wart or a curmudgeon (sp?), but I can't help but wonder how that's affecting their leg muscles.

ha ha! my niece has these, shes shit hot on em too, its fair funny in public with her, she'd be walking along totally normal and the .....zip.......... she skates across the floor and people are kinda looking thinking "what the fuck?"
i'll ask her about her leg muscles if you like, although the answer could result in a swift kick in the head, shes a tomboy, 7 years of age and very very mental.

Pookie 08.28.2006 06:34 AM

Quote:

It's back to school time, so means things are crazy where I work, Office Depot...here are some things I've noticed that kinda concern me regarding some of the kids I've seen, and since kids are supposed to be the future, things look bleak:

-I'm seeing more and more families with four or more kids...don't parents care about overpopulation?!
-I've seen more malformed and mentally retarded kids this year than ever before...what are women doing to themselves while they're pregnant?
-5 out of 10 kids have those stupid shoes with wheels...call me a worry wart or a curmudgeon (sp?), but I can't help but wonder how that's affecting their leg muscles.

Thoughts?

Get a job somewhere that doesn't involve working with the general public who you obviously despise.

jon boy 08.28.2006 07:06 AM

children children future future

HaydenAsche 08.28.2006 07:30 AM

Kids aren't the future. Believe me. I'm one of them.