Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Severian 01.09.2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
severian is gonna chase you with a rusty knife xD

I didn’t even see this before, but hey look, you were right.

He’s gotta he trolling though. Nobody would say such a shitheaded thing about that movie. Nobody.

ilduclo 01.09.2018 07:15 PM

the soundtrack alone. no, it sucked

Severian 01.09.2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
the soundtrack alone. no, it sucked

The soundtrack? The ticking clock and swelling, droning strings pissed you off that much? The fuck is fucking wrong with you?

I am so confused by how ridiculous you’re being.

Maybe it needed a nice Katy Perry song? Or some traditional Mogwai-style prog-rock?

I’m speechless, which is why I’m typing this: you’re bloody wrong and full of shit. I suspect you were stoned while viewing, or thah you have no heart.

GRIPPING! It was fucking GRIPPING! And TERRIBLE in a “God is great and terrible” kind of way.

Maybe it expects too much of its audience, but you’re calling the best reviewed major film of the year trash, and I think it’s safe to say your opinion is meaningless, since only about 5 people worldwide share it.

Severian 01.09.2018 07:28 PM

https://youtu.be/1KyYhgOdZdQ

Oh yeah total shit music bruh. Needs more funk.

VOX: The sound illusion that makes Dunkirk so intense

Yeah man, why didn’t they put any thought at all into audio? Zimmer and Nolan are total morons.

What an average move and score! There’s not even a viable pop hit!

ilduclo 01.10.2018 10:54 AM

not the only one who didn't like it. Kenneth B was so wooden that he could have floated back to England.

Seriously, Their Finest Hour bit on the evacuation was a pretty f-ing great parody of most of what was wrong with Dunkin'Dunkirks.

Severian 01.10.2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
not the only one who didn't like it. Kenneth B was so wooden that he could have floated back to England.

Seriously, Their Finest Hour bit on the evacuation was a pretty f-ing great parody of most of what was wrong with Dunkin'Dunkirks.

Kenneth B had like five lines. His “woodenness” couldn’t have made or broken the film even if it actually existed.

I still say you’re pulling my leg.

!@#$%! 01.10.2018 11:52 AM

lololol

i saw this coming from so far away

i need some popcorn now

h8kurdt 01.10.2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
lololol

i saw this coming from so far away

i need some popcorn now

Haha exactly my thoughts. The most sev thing sev could do. Good reading though.

Severian 01.10.2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Haha exactly my thoughts. The most sev thing sev could do. Good reading though.

What? It’s not like I’m trying to subvert type here.

Being sev is my truest and most pure purpose, after all.

Severian 01.10.2018 01:32 PM

Nobody else is going to weigh in? None of the folks who lauded Dunkirk in this very thread last summer are “sev” enough to tell this joker his feelings are wrong? ;)

Rob Instigator 01.10.2018 01:59 PM

have not seen Dunkirk.

!@#$%! 01.10.2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Nobody else is going to weigh in? None of the folks who lauded Dunkirk in this very thread last summer are “sev” enough to tell this joker his feelings are wrong? ;)

i haven’t seen it yet because i went out of town and wasn’t gonna rent a dropbox out of town

maybe i’ll watch this weekend and the thought of this thread will make me laugh so hard i’ll forget the movie

h8kurdt 01.10.2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
What? It’s not like I’m trying to subvert type here.

Being sev is my truest and most pure purpose, after all.

Haha it's not a dig at you.

I'll expand more later but I honestly thought Dunkirk was great. Not his best film admittedly, but still up there for him.

evollove 01.10.2018 05:13 PM

"...for him." Ha! You're so mean.

Severian 01.10.2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Haha it's not a dig at you.

I'll expand more later but I honestly thought Dunkirk was great. Not his best film admittedly, but still up there for him.

A dig at me? I know. I was just being honest. I sev therefore I am... sev.

Doing sev stuff is what I do. I’m not courting you weirdos. ;)

h8kurdt 01.11.2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
"...for him." Ha! You're so mean.

Ah it's fine. I'm sure Christopher Nolan isn't gonna read this anytime soon.

Severian 01.12.2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Ah it's fine. I'm sure Christopher Nolan isn't gonna read this anytime soon.

Uh... why would you say that? Did someone contract you to take out a professional hit on my dreams?

Of course Christopher Nolan reads this forum. He has to... right? :(

demonrail666 01.12.2018 01:34 PM

Martyrs - US Remake

I wasn't expecting this to match the original but nor did I expect such a travesty, either. I honestly don't know if I've ever seen a remake that so misunderstood the film its based on. If you've seen the original and I tell you the second half of the remake is essentially an action movie (complete with one-liners), you'll get just how fucking wrong this film is. Even by remake standards it's a disaster.

ilduclo 01.12.2018 05:13 PM

watched Blade Runner 2049. Pretty good. Nice cinematography and a really effective score. Ambient, mostly added to the movie, vs the garbage on the Dunkin Dunkirk thing. I thought it was wrapped up ineffectively with the necessary, but overdone Deker thing as well as a fairly unbelievable group of rebels. If the state was so powerful and overarching, it should have dealt with the rebels and the K deviance post fucking haste. The digital girlfriend would have reported K's every move. But, all in all, pretty decent.

!@#$%! 01.12.2018 05:45 PM

������