Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   music that you like secretly (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=20076)

Cantankerous 02.29.2008 12:31 AM

music that you like secretly
 
this is a thread dedicated to all the music people secretly like or listen to. so tell us.

lily allen (she is so adorable and as far as pop music today goes -- ace.)

pbradley 02.29.2008 12:35 AM

Is this like one of those "guilty pleasures" threads?

If so I hope we don't have to go through everyone coming out and saying how they're not ashamed and everything. Going out of one's way to prove one's honest makes me doubt it even more.

That said I can't think of anything for me.

✌➬ 02.29.2008 01:01 AM

I am ashamed to listen to Elton John, I blame my BF. Also Garbage.

Cantankerous 02.29.2008 01:03 AM

elton john was good in the early 70s. garbage is a terrible rip off of curve, however.

✌➬ 02.29.2008 01:04 AM

Yes, but I still like them. Oh yes My Chemical Romance, there I said it.

Pookie 02.29.2008 01:04 AM

This thread will very soon be filled with people saying, you shouldn't be ashamed of the music you like etc.

But I disagree, you should seriously have a word with yourself if you find yourself liking anything by Elton John.

And Saturnine, you only like Lily Allen because she's got the same name as you. You might think twice about liking her if you see her chat show. She's ANNOYING!

Cantankerous 02.29.2008 01:05 AM

it should be spelled lilly. is she really that annoying? i thought she was just a bit outspoken.

✌➬ 02.29.2008 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
But I disagree, you should seriously have a word with yourself if you find yourself liking anything by Elton John.


I know, I am not indie enough.

Pookie 02.29.2008 01:08 AM

No, annoying is the word. Anybody can be outspoken, I don't understand why that's a good thing. Doing it with wit, style or vitriol would be better.

✌➬ 02.29.2008 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
No, annoying is the word. Anybody can be outspoken, I don't understand why that's a good thing. Doing it with wit, style or vitriol would be better.


Your not American you wouldn't get it.

Pookie 02.29.2008 01:09 AM

Just to contradict myself, and be serious, I don't think anybody should be ashamed of the music they like.

Me? I have to admit to liking the last Morrisey single, the first post Smiths thing he's done that I have liked.

Pookie 02.29.2008 01:12 AM

In different times, I would have been embarrassed about liking Wanda Jackson, but I think it's acceptable these days(?) In ten years time, I may have to be ashamed again, who knows.

ZEROpumpkins 02.29.2008 01:12 AM

Weezer (first two albums)

sonicl 02.29.2008 01:18 AM

Why the hell should anyone be embaressed by what music they like? Should I be embaressed for liking Cheddar Cheese because it's not a cool indie cheese? Should I only eat it in private for fear it might spoil my cred?

I like what I like. I've done nothing of which to be ashamed.

Cantankerous 02.29.2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
No, annoying is the word. Anybody can be outspoken, I don't understand why that's a good thing. Doing it with wit, style or vitriol would be better.

correct. i've never seen her chat show. i didn't even know she had one.

ZEROpumpkins 02.29.2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Why the hell should anyone be embaressed by what music they like? Should I be embaressed for liking Cheddar Cheese because it's not a cool indie cheese? Should I only eat it in private for fear it might spoil my cred?

Yes

Sonic Youth 37 02.29.2008 01:40 AM

The Sounds. Swedish synth pop/punk. I enjoy it. I really do. I hate ABBA though.

Death & the Maiden 02.29.2008 02:29 AM

The Caesars. They're the Swedish band that did the "Jerk It Out" song a few years ago, and I loved it, and bought some of their albums. Every now and then, I'll listen to some of their songs on my iPod.

ZEROpumpkins 02.29.2008 03:58 AM

Was Jerk It Out the song used on the iPod ads?

nicfit 02.29.2008 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
this is a thread dedicated to all the music people secretly like or listen to. so tell us.

lily allen (she is so adorable and as far as pop music today goes -- ace.)


I think lots of "Britainers" (???) over here hate here becuz she got (gets?) way too much coverage on media,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
And Saturnine, you only like Lily Allen because she's got the same name as you. You might think twice about liking her if you see her chat show. She's ANNOYING!


but the record is really well produced and most songs are well written.
So yeah, stop listening to her banter if you don't like her "public persona" and stick to the record like I do. ha ha. And my name is non lily/lilly/allen/alien wathever.
But it's not a secret that I like that album...hmmmm....secret secret...I really don't know what to post, I'm not ashamed of the stuff I like
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
This thread will very soon be filled with people saying, you shouldn't be ashamed of the music you like etc.

mainly becuz, well, if I like it I like it, ha ah.
Maybe I could say Kate Wax coz no one of my friends know her music, so it's kinda secret? dunno. I type like a 12 yo today.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content 2006 Sonic Youth