Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Wolf Eyes Live (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1311)

whorefrost 04.27.2006 04:35 AM

Wolf Eyes Live

going to check them out tonight in Edinburgh.. will be my fourth Wolf Eyes live experience... I love these fuckers... I got the Live in a Boat DVD recently which I thought was a bit disappointing, especially compared to the intensity of the last video they posted on Ecstatic Peace and live recordings like the Anthony Braxton jam... hopefully tonight will be awesome... will shoot some footage and edit up a little film for you all!

A Thousand Threads 04.27.2006 04:44 AM

cool
thanks alot

going to see em in mhh.. exactly one week
hell yeah

toxic johnny 04.27.2006 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whorefrost
will shoot some footage and edit up a little film for you all!

That would be sweet... I'll also look forward to your report because it's been about 2 years since I've experienced the full live Wolf Eyes onslaught... I'm sure that they are still amazing.

Toilet & Bowels 04.27.2006 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxic johnny
That would be sweet... I'll also look forward to your report because it's been about 2 years since I've experienced the full live Wolf Eyes onslaught... I'm sure that they are still amazing.

they're playing in london tomorrow night (friday), and taurpis tula will be supporting. taurpis tula in trio format featuring chris corsano. it's at electrowerkz in islington

chutneyfarmer 04.27.2006 06:09 AM

Went to Koln last week to see them play with battles and black dice. it was a fucking amazing show! the creepy slow jams they do live now are deadly. hopefully they'll come back to ireland soon

Onani Nic 04.27.2006 09:15 AM

LESS THAN TWO MONTHS THAN I FINALLY GET TO SEE WOLF EYES!!!

I'm going to see every every show of there Australian tour that is geographically/economically possible.

toxic johnny 04.27.2006 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
they're playing in london tomorrow night (friday), and taurpis tula will be supporting. taurpis tula in trio format featuring chris corsano. it's at electrowerkz in islington

Sadly I can't make it... I've tried to block this one out of my mind because I love Taurpis Tula and Chris Corsano so I know that this gig is going to be amazing... the only down side is the venue... I absolutely loathe Electrowerkz, it is without doubt the scummiest... shittiest venue I've ever been to. But I'm sure they'll rise above it.

Iain 04.27.2006 10:12 AM

Yeah, I thought the Live in a Boat dvd was a tad dissapointing too. Alas, I am going to miss them on this tour. Hopefully they might do ATP....here's hoping.

Pax Americana 04.27.2006 01:12 PM

I saw them last year, for free no less. It was pretty insane.

pokkeherrie 04.27.2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chutneyfarmer
Went to Koln last week to see them play with battles and black dice. it was a fucking amazing show! the creepy slow jams they do live now are deadly. hopefully they'll come back to ireland soon

personally i like their wilder sets better than the new style with the slow jams they're doing now... i saw them a couple of weeks ago for the 3rd time, but i enjoyed the other two times more.

whorefrost 04.27.2006 04:37 PM

apparently their new LP is really minimal as well, so i'm curious to see what they will be like... will be leaving shortly... listened to weapons of ass destruction which has got me hyped up nicely...

o o o 04.27.2006 05:07 PM

i saw them two weeks ago for the first time...
there were some parts i really loved (basically when they were standing still behind their machines building this mass of noise; when the saxophone was there, it was great too) and some parts that bore me (basically when they were playing like some sort of death metal band and screaming in microphones... although, i don't know anything about death metal or black metal, so i might say something stupid here... anyway, those parts i did not like)...

they were playing in a theater and everyone was sitting... it was a bit strange at times...

Toilet & Bowels 04.27.2006 06:17 PM

so have they completely dropped the wilder stuff? i'm bringing my friend to see them tomorrow and he's a metal head and will probably not enjoy slow noise jams...

pokkeherrie 04.27.2006 07:50 PM

when i saw them most of their set consisted of one long slow noise jam. after that they played two more "scream into the mic/pump your fist into the air" songs.

i enjoy both, but in my opinion last year the noise jams vs. wild stuff thing was more balanced. this time the last two songs felt a bit as if they were forced into it.

whorefrost 04.27.2006 08:53 PM

ok you sick little fuckers here you go: http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...G1QSIQXC9M0IAW 7 minutes, just over 16 megs.... enjoy..

chutneyfarmer 04.28.2006 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
personally i like their wilder sets better than the new style with the slow jams they're doing now... i saw them a couple of weeks ago for the 3rd time, but i enjoyed the other two times more.

I saw them last year and they did one shortish droney jam, then a set of the screamy stuff. it was brilliant. This time tho, the sound seemed to suit the slow stuff better. It was cool to see a different sort of set from them this time round

Toilet & Bowels 04.29.2006 06:56 PM

anybody go to the show in london last night, i enjoyed it, but the sound in that venue is beyond dire. during taurpis tula's set the only instrument i could here was the kick drum, the rest was just this murky soup of indistiguishable sounds

RockerNino 04.29.2006 10:23 PM

not a fan. saw them open for SY, way too loud and incoherent.

atsonicpark 04.30.2006 07:05 AM

wolf eyes. yawn.

yellow swans. yum.

whorefrost 05.01.2006 06:57 AM

yellow swans. yawn.

wolf eyes. yum.