Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   the abusive network (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=34702)

Lamont Cranston 09.17.2009 09:46 AM

the abusive network

Well today I had my second appointment with Annecto, supposed to be helping with working and getting out and doing shit, although I didn't have high expectations what with my long experience with being sent to such places and also my first appointment where I was spoken to like an idiot and received such wonderful suggestions like moving into a half-way house and exploring the exciting career options in packing pencils into boxes.
But nothing could have prepared me for what happened.
A second person came into the meeting in addition to the rather moronic counsellor from the first time, and this bitch just spent the whole time picking up on what I had written in the questioner I'd been given first time and everything I said or did in there looking for something seize upon to argue over and ridicule me and lecture in complete ignorance of my situation. And all of it very juvenile.
This went on for ~10 minutes becoming increasingly hostile, trading broadsides of insults and put downs before I got up and left, which I should have done earlier, before I did something very bad.

floatingslowly 09.17.2009 09:52 AM

what did you do that was bad? telling her to fuck off? I do that all the time. it's fine.

Lamont Cranston 09.17.2009 10:05 AM

This second person came in right at the very beginning so it was before anyone had read my filled in questionarie and before I started reacting badly to this treatment.

floatingslowly 09.17.2009 10:10 AM

I'm just really confused. this is something that yr doing to find a job, or is it something more?

Quote:

received such wonderful suggestions like moving into a half-way house and exploring the exciting career options in packing pencils into boxes.

not saying that it applies to you, but here, these are suggestions that are saved for the mildly retarded or people just out of prison.

Lamont Cranston 09.17.2009 10:19 AM

I know floatingslowly, thats why I didn't have a very nice experience the first time and went in yesterday in a bad mood.

Lamont Cranston 09.17.2009 06:54 PM

Well I just got through a very bureaucratic and insulting phone call with the management denying everything, insisting I was making it all up, and that yesterday they were “challenging” me.
With the managements harsh confrontational attitude I can see where the employees get it from.

floatingslowly 09.17.2009 06:57 PM

that sucks. I'm not sure what to tell you though. the world is full of pricks.

Lamont Cranston 09.17.2009 07:16 PM

On the bright side it seems I'll be out of the Department of Human Services 'Assistance with Planning Pilot Project' since I don't want to go back to Annecto and they're the only ones running it in the Eastern Metropolitan Region, plus they threatened to refer this to the DHS but as threats go thats pretty goofy. So either way I'll be out of it.

floatingslowly 09.17.2009 07:18 PM

I'm of a firm belief that if you need assistance with planning, the government is the LAST place you want to look toward for advice.

trust no one.

Lamont Cranston 09.17.2009 08:02 PM

well I sure cant help myself

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 09.17.2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston
well I sure cant help myself

Lamont Cranston 09.18.2009 11:31 AM

wat?

floatingslowly 09.18.2009 11:53 AM

I believe that he's trying to tell you to go home, burn a few and listen to Pink Floyd.

I could be wrong.

Lamont Cranston 09.18.2009 11:58 AM

I am at home, where else would I be when posting here

floatingslowly 09.18.2009 12:03 PM

would you like a list?

SONIC GAIL 09.18.2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston
I am at home, where else would I be when posting here

Work?